Forums > Meet Others > Is anyone coming out to play?

Login/Join to Participate

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
sniff... it appears I'm all alone in this big scary world *sniff* (ok I'm sure the sob story isnt going to get any votes tongue)

Once upon a time there was a girl who got her first set of poi. She went to the park to play and all the nasty children stared. She thought "surley I cant be the only person out there?" and she went home and logged onto HoP and JOY! found many people playing with Poi....Then she discovered a magical thing.. that there was a Play festival and local (ish) meets....(can you see where this is headed yet)

But non of the other children she knew wanted to play or (Whaaaaa!) so if anyone wants to come out n play (arent 24yr olds allowed to play?) please come n rescue me from my dragon guarded tower. (or from my cockatiel guarded flat) either will do!
g hugo

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
There are loads of HoPpers going to PLAY festival - check out the PLAY thread....

[Old link]

Come along and there will be lots of people to PLAY with, there will be basic poi lessons and the like for you to get to grips with your new poi . . so make sure you come and say hi wave hug

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hehehehe ubblol sounds like your gonna fit in perfectly smile come play!

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
we're going to play smile

There's plenty of midlands people around, play festival is reasonably close to Cov and we've had a couple of nice nuneaton meets now. For spinning poi alone in a park in cov you have more balls than me, personally I can't think of a better way to get mugged than to spin poi alone in a park in Hillfields.

When I started poi several years ago I thankfully quickly abandoned the idea of trying to get my civilian friends to come to meets with me and just went alone instead. I'm sure you'll find plenty of odd-but-in-a-nice-way people out there if you do.

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
I've discovered that no one dares approach someone madley waving tennis balls about!!!! (and when I get good enuff the fire poi will act as camaflauge in hillfields.. noone will no where swanswell starts and the poi begin). I've managed to convert two civilians already (although sadly one lives in liverpool and the other just lingers till I let her borrow mine)

Any idea if I can get tickets to play on the door (i've probly left it a bit late to get them in the post)

Big Hugs to the people who've responded smile

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
yes you certainly can get tickets on the door . . . but you might as well give dunc a ring and book them, otherwise you may be dissapointed if there are none left . . .

Also I recommend that you have a look at the PLAY festival website at www.PLAYfestival.co.uk
or look in the Events section in the PLAY festival thread [Old link]

wave hug