Forums > Videos > play festival - request for help

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
for those of you that don't know yet, dunc has organised an object manipulation festival called play (www.playfestival.co.uk), which is taking place at shrewsbury showground on 19 to 21 august.

this year it's wonderfully cheap because it's being run back to back with the vw festival. however, it would be great if next year it could be a stand alone entity while still having foolishly cheap ticket prices. so we are making a dvd of this event to raise money for next year's play. yay.

now, while we already have some people filming we can't be everywhere at once, so we're going to need help from all you lovely, lovely people.

hug smile hug2 pleeeeeease hug2 smile hug

it would be fantastic if people would consider sending us their raw footage so we can put it all together into one big dvd. photos would also be greatly appreciated so we can combine them with the footage, and perhaps include some sort of slideshow on the dvd. mech is the official play stills photographer, so if you want your photograph taken then go see him. but lots more photos will be needed as well.

if people have interesting tricks or routines or anything else they think could work on the dvd then come along and ask to be filmed. we'll be wondering around all weekend with cameras, filming madly, so please accost us and demand our attention. it's not just spinning either - anything goes as long as it's worth watching (and i mean anything, from being able to balance a glass on your ass to having four nipples biggrin).

would be nice to have a random interview type section. could go round asking people whether they're enjoying the festival, that sort of thing. i'd quite like to have some bits where you've got someone spinning with an audio track (recorded separately and played over the top of the spinning) of the person saying a few things about themselves (name, how long they've been spinning, what inspires them, etc). could also have a written section of humorous quotes from the weekend.

we want to try and put everything on the dvd: the shows, the workshops, random people doing random things and everyone having a good time. if anyone has any ideas for other things to put on the dvd then all suggestions are welcome.

my address to send footage/pictures to is:

2bags

38 livingstone road

southampton

so14 6wn

or email to:

dunc@playfestival.co.uk

but i'll be suspicious if you send me anything in the post now as play isn't for another three weeks. any help is hugely appreciated and shall be rewarded with a large hug hug (one hug per person, no purchase necessary, terms and conditions apply).

hug2 cheers hug2

EDITED_BY: 2bags (1125490554)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yes it should be out soon, maybe a little treat first and then in the new year sometime. Tis looking most good I must say biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
People - a little something is on its way - i can assure you, call it a taster wink

The full thing will follow smile

As for getting tapes back - no problems pm me your addresses and ill see what i can do!

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
How long is the full length version looking to be? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ill give you the full rundown on plans on thursday evening..........

see my intro thread wink

will send pm later hug

Just in case anyone else is interested in the full release date - we are currently looking at feb / march cool

we hope - but remember guys its alot of work for someone who doesnt have a life or a job, so bear with us.

Saying that - thats my excuse - i cant say the same for 2bags wink

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
*cough* FEB *cough* wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
oooh! can I have it for my birthday on the 9th of Feb? Please?!

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:

**no comment**

wink

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
der d, d-d-der der d, d-d-der der der derrrr, der der d ubbrollsmile

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
i tried saying taht out loud and it made no sense, now i feel silly *cries*

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
usually, if i find something doesn't make sense when i say it out loud, i just say it louder till it does.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
so is this out in feb?

do i get a fee copy wink

or do i get this illusive **teaser** strugz was talking about?

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: mech

or do i get this illusive **teaser** strugz was talking about?

oh........ whats this on my hard drive wink

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Written by: mech

do i get a fee copy wink

you mean a copy that you have to pay a fee for? well, gee, i'm just not sure. oh, okay then, since it's you mech kiss.

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
is anyone else excited?

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
YES! bounce2 bounce

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i am very excited!! yay!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
gimme!!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Page: ...