Forums > Social Chat > 5ex (anywhere but here)

Login/Join to Participate

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
employees rights?????
---------------------------------

sorry about the ruse

ok before i start ranting i have to first let you know........ i have to i been trying to book some holidays and got my face chewed off by my boss!!!!

i had asked a while back if i could book a few days off but said i was'nt sure of which dates so i'd get back to him. a few days later i decided what days to book off and 'cos my boss was out i whote them on the year planner in wipe off pen (as is normal, nobody touches it except him). i found out they had been wiped off by him the other day. so for the past few days i have been seeking advice about my rights at work.

Today i confrunted him about this, and asked polightly who had wiped off my dates (obviously him because some1 witnesed him do it).

he started getting angry and raise his voice, i aksed him politly and calmly "why he was getting agressive?"

and was told "i'm not angry, you'd know if i was 'cos i'd bang you out!"

i told him he was out of order wiping those dates off and for not telling me! he then went into rull rant mode " ragh ragh ragh..... you wanna fu(k with me i'll fu(k you up" telling me this and that and how he's the all powerfull "i run this site!!!"
and " if you dont like it you can sexual intercourse off somewhere else".

thing is i like my job........and where i work...........but do i have to work in an environment of fear and intimidation?

[img=150x180]https://img157.exs.cx/img157/5990/allan7zq1ec.jpg" alt="">

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Thats harsh.

Other than that...I have no advice.
Sorry i cant be more useful.
hug

7,193 posts

Posted:
dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how'd you get my pic to work????

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
im hardcore.

and its simply:

[image][/image]

and thats all there is to it

You cant specify size.

smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I have problems at work with one of my Co workers and it has lead to lots of problems in the past. The main bit of advice I will give you is never hold meetings with this person without taking a witness in with you. He is not allowed to behave in this manner as it is classed as threatening behaviour.

Is this a small company owned by this man or is he just one of many demi boss people within a large company? If it is the second there will be, or should be a written handbook of employees rights and also a book on employees expected behaviour. Ask your personnel officer to see them.

Never rise to the bait of arguing with someone like this. Always stay calm and reasonable. That way you always have right on your side. If you feel you are losing your temper quickly bring the meeting to an end and leave the room to go and cool off somewhere else.

Good luck!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
For some reason the computer I am at won't let me see half the post. But from what I could read, I think that you might have been out of line to write on the board, even if in wipe-off pen. However i agree that your boss did not respond in the right way and that you do have the right to be treated and spoken to in a better manner. Perhaps you should find a moment to actually sit down and talk to your boss in a civil manner and discuss you going away and apologise for writing on the board but explain your reasons for it.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

7,193 posts

Posted:
my boss is a poisened dwarf, a total little hitler!!!!

you cant reason with him, you cant negosiate.
i feel victimised, alienated, belittled and intimidated by him!!!

i jus dunno what to do....... this has been an on going problem for two years. my old boss never had 1 problem with me but he has, and since taking over as our new boss things have gotten worse!

i'm soooooooo depressed about this, i jus dunno what to do my heads soooo messed up by all this

ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
hug ravehead hug

for starters note down EVERYTHING you say to him etc - the main points at least date and time each - and if you can get a witness

second like has been said re-read your contract and any other employee info

the next thing you need to do is to talk to him - dont be daunted there is NOTHING he can do to you for asking politly if you can have those days off - if he threatens you just ignore it - he cannot sack you for asking etc. if he refuses ask him why - he should give you a reason

DO NOT go over his head until you've done this - doing so will cause more problems - if you cant resolve it with him then check again company policy and then try talking to personal, dont mention names until you know what you want to do

but from now on like spanner said date and keep a copy of everything you give to him letter-wise - if youve given him due notice he cant argue with it. make sure you follow company procedures for everything - dont let the lil SOB get you on a technicality and finally

stay strong smile your better than him biggrin

ok this is the official DTI (dept. of trade and industry) info on employe rights hope it helps
EDITED_BY: linden_rathen (1120169249)

back

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
hug
What an ass.
Ive never really had anyone threaten me, but i took a job once as a "waitress"...i did 6 hours work non stop, being yelleed at because i wasnt fast enough and only ended up getting $5.50 an hour for it.
I never went back, the boss didnt even call me.
He was just using me for one night because one of his waitraii was sick.
*murderous glare*

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

7,193 posts

Posted:
this has been done in the politest way possible and he exploded in my face!!!!

i was physicly shaking after. i had no witnesses to this but........... he was very stupid to say to my long tear bestest mate that i was luck not to get knocked out!!!

plus another witness was present when this was said so.............

i'm going through the propper lines and i'm gonna take this dude to the cleaners!!!!

there's alot of pent up karmic energy coming his way and he aint got a clue how powerfull i am!
i have the knowledge
i have the evidence
i have witneseses
and.........
i have the backing from many MANY of my work mates

knowledge IS power

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
*hugs rave* good luck and hope he gets what he deserves biggrin

read as deep into your employee info so you can get him at every turn - having helped a mate who had issues with her job over working horus and such its very easy for them to get you with contracts etc - make sure you know yours inside and out biggrin

back

Wraith_DividendSILVER Member
Bunny Bane
205 posts
Location: i cant see because my head is up my posteria, Engl...

Posted:
THIS is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad thread

*small voice* i got all excited

if life is for love then to love is to live
-
a quote from me!
-
god i love me
-
and i while typing this im just itching to get back to my toast
-
YAY TTTTOOOOAAAASSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!!!
-
oh and by the way you just lost the game

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
searching for sex, were we?

I see right through you!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well duh!
What else do 16 year olds do on the internet?

wink

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
fapfapfapfap

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Shhh..
lets not turn this into a UCOF and FRD private joke thread wink

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: UnscrupulousChavOffersFootShhh..
lets not turn this into a UCOF and FRD private joke thread wink

doesnt sound like a very private joke... tongue2

good for you rave! he sounds way out of line and being responsible about your actions and pointing them to the relevant channels should show him that he cant abuse people and expect to get what he wants all the time.

like others have said just write notes, a daily journal if you like, about anything that might be relevant, especially anything said between you. and if possible try to get witnesses to everything.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
Employee rights…. depending were you are even the company change. Do you have a union?

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
The post has been bumped from 2005. It is probably resolved one way or another by now.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
HA! There’s me getting on my soapbox again.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: astonThe post has been bumped from 2005. It is probably resolved one way or another by now.

haha, oops!

i even thought when i saw it "wow ravehead hasnt been around for ever".

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Is that alien oddity? He resurfaced not too long ago I remember but only very briefly.

I was in a rather similar situation to the OP at one point, only so far that there was an attempt to intimidate and manipulate myself and others in ways that were against the policy of the company even. I ended up walking out on the spot one day when I decided it felt right but a big difference... I hated the job and I knew I was going to leave soon.

hug

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
yeah alien oddity was formerly ravehead smile

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Ah, and here I was thinking the picture was a stock picture.

Kupo!

Wraith_DividendSILVER Member
Bunny Bane
205 posts
Location: i cant see because my head is up my posteria, Engl...

Posted:
your tellin me jarle i just got caught out again by the title as well when looking at my past posts

I still hold that this thread is very very mean

if life is for love then to love is to live
-
a quote from me!
-
god i love me
-
and i while typing this im just itching to get back to my toast
-
YAY TTTTOOOOAAAASSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!!!
-
oh and by the way you just lost the game