Page:
*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I'm meeting 'oliver exall' by the fountain in centinery square in B'ham on Wednesday for a bit of a spin. Anyone else in the area fancy joining us?

Cake or Death?

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
my dad is coming up on wednesday to pick up the rest of my stuff and taking me back to wales frown depending on what time he is coming and how packed and ready to go i am on tuesday, may pop by. though i doubt im gonna be able to. i will however, pop this msg from you on the purplemermaid board for the uni club and some of them may join you. smile

just a crazee daisy living in a crazy world

Revilomember
14 posts

Posted:
meeting at 7.30 you up for it?

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Thanks daisylou. I shall be bringing my HyperLights along with me for when it gets a little darker smile

Cake or Death?

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Aww man!

ive gotta go to wales to do some filming and i wont be back till friday so i cant make it. you around all summer? more meets to come? im in selly oak if anyones near.

"Don't do it naked!"

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
theres some of the selly ppl from the uni circus soc around....keep eye on purplemermaid.net

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
cool just found out i dont have to go to wales now so i can make it. will be there about 7.45. ill be carrying big sticks.

"Don't do it naked!"

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
bounce
You might end up with quite the little gathering here my friend - spot on biggrin

I'll be there if I can. Might bring hte Mog if he's up for it. Andmaybe Dunc if he's still coming over tomorrow .............

biggrin See you there

bounce

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
awww im so jealous. i decided to travel back with my dad to wales tomorrow instead of paying train fare the following day.....ahhh decisions....to stay and spin or to go home for free. i think im going home :s have fun everyone though. have a spin for me smile and ros im muchly greatful for you teaching me so much babes, and thankyou sooo much for explained the 5 beat reverse weave...been trying to get my head round it for ages smile bounce

daisy xxxx

Revilomember
14 posts

Posted:
it's looking like there could be a few there. see you all tomorrow.

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
*Looks meek*

dont understand jonathan?

bahhh

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Ooooh, someone who knows reverse 5-beat.. excellent - this move has been bugging me lately. Forwards = easy now, backwards = death to my head!

I just hope the weather perks up a bit. Do any of you birmingham spinners know of an under-cover area we could spin in if it's tipping it down? Preferably somewhere not too bright so you can see the true power of the dark si.. sorry, my HyperLights! I think my head may have gone to my beer smile

Cake or Death?

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
undercover area....eeps no i cant think of one offhand. i may be able to come spin tomorrow now because im being slow at packing frown so late night, so im probably gonna hafta stay an extra day to do the whole clean the house thing, so might see you guys tomorrow.

daisy

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Yay.. and boo! smile

I'm sure I remember some under-pass type thing with loads of space under it, although I suspect it may be very well lit frown

Cake or Death?

3,638 posts

Posted:
sandy will know somewhere I'm sure. Spinning in random underpass? not a great plan I reckon - eeps! smile

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
lol, that occurred to me too... but only as i hit send! ...and for the record, I'm not some dodgy guy who lures unsuspecting spinners into underpasses to 'show them my flashing' hehe
EDITED_BY: *HyperLight (1120003048)

Cake or Death?

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
hehe you have just reminded me of the underpass thing by the mailbox, which yes is reasonably lit with big coloured round lights

however according to heart fm weather....its gonna start off bad weather tomorrow and brighten up

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
yeah, i think that was what i remembered.. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather!

Cake or Death?

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
There are a couple of places in town we can go if its chucking it down. one of the most fun for fire is multi stroy car parks cos burn offs look fantastic. have to watch out for security somtimes tho. other than that there is a bit of covered space in the garden right by centenery square ill show you later.

"Don't do it naked!"

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Groovy smile Actually the weather looks alright for the moment..

*touches wood*

Cake or Death?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'm deffinately around tomorrow evening so if anyone else is up for a play we can throw things around for a while?

I'm not there for a long time tho, only till 9:45-10ish cuz I have to pick up a very pregnant girl from Ikea when it closes

ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Well, we came, we saw and we spun some poi.. didn't rain too much when we eere there - a few spots when we arrived and then dry.

I learnt a lot of new bits and pieces tonight - cheers for the inspiration guys! Hyperloops feel smoother, Isolations are less messy, and the throwy catchy stuff is getting more throwy catchy and less throwy pickupy biggrin

'tis a shame there weren't more people - where were you all?! *tsk tsk*

p.s - don't worry about the HyperLight Oliver - it's only slightly broken smile I had a look when i got back and it'll take about 5 secs to fix when i get back to somewhere with a soldering iron smile

Cake or Death?

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Sorry i didnt make it it was a bit too wet and i couldnt be arsed after work.
Having a bit of a spin tomorow in selly oak tho if anyones up for it?

"Don't do it naked!"

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Selly Oakness for me this evening ubblove

I should be leaving Telford at around 5:30 so after negotiating traffic, getting to Ikea and then getting lost on the way to Selly Oak I'll be there sometime between 6:30 and 7 I reckon. I'll be there till 9:45ish when I have to go to Ikea to get George and her doubtless bags of new stuff for the house smile I'll have a Rossco with me too now he's resurfaced from Glasters ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Revilomember
14 posts

Posted:
Wad O!

really enjoyed last night i have got a few things to work on now and fine tune,
first thing is to get some socks to play with cause my poi are just not happening while learning to many tangles!

got some great tips of "hyperlight" and "87wt2gxg7" thanks guys
Really sorry about the hyperlights Jon redface we will just put it down to field testing me thinks!

Spin on Spin safe!

p.s still got that sick feeling and the lump in my throat umm

PPS - i'll try and make the Selly meet soon can't do tomorrow but maybe monday if anyone is about?

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
aw your all having spinning fun and im sat unemployed in my mums house with very little money and not a very big spinning scene either frown however on a serious up note, joe just surprised me by turning up on my door step - whoop whoop!

3,638 posts

Posted:
Monday SellyOak sounds good to me biggrin

See you there (haha I should clear this with Sandy but should be cool he always wants to play biggrin)

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
No fair, I'll be on Salisbury plain working frown

Cake or Death?

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
heehee i was spinning in the rain on a welsh beach today and guess what!!!! *bounces about* i finally learnt btb weave - whoop.....

ooh and we discovered possibly the most sugar filled e numbered drink bounce zilla chilla IN lemonade - it was suuuuuuch a cool bloo colour :-D

riagannewbie
1 post

Posted:
hey all!
how cool to see that poi and other spinning things are going on in selly oak. i am new to poi and would love to have a play and maybe get some tips so if you are meeting up in selly oak anytime soon can i come!!?
cheers and happy spinning!
Ria

3,638 posts

Posted:
come to Birmingham Uni, 5-7 pm tomorrow night (monday) for our circus meets and we'll all bounce and spin and smile and then go and drink too much with circus-funds wink biggrin

Page:

时事通讯

注册以获取最新的销售,新版本以及更多...