Forums > Social Chat > Do dreams really come true?

Login/Join to Participate

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
I was pondering over the possibility of dreams coming true the other day.
I don't usualy remember dreams, like 1 or 2 a year if that but I had a dream not so long ago and I feel it's slowly coming true, like my life is slowly building up to what I dreamt about. I'm gonna remain skeptical until it does happen otherwise I'm just in for another let down but for one second, imagine dreams did come true...

Maybe it's a dichotomy and I just haven't encountered the whole thing yet, or maybe it's a symbolic representation of what will/might happen, who's to say but I feel it will happen.
Is there anyone in the same extraordinary situation? With the same confused and bemused expectations?

I'm not going to tell you what the dream was as it's kinda personal so draw what conclusions you will but I'll tell you this: If it comes true, I will be one of the happiest people alive!!!!

whats up with all the limitations?

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Well i personally believe that dreams are a reflection of your life...and you work out your feelings and things that got pushed to the back of your mind,

But i believe they are all mixed up and mean different things, so just because you dreampt of death might not mean death.

Freud did interesting work on Dreams and their symbols.

I once had a dream of a graveyard for about a month, then one night it stopped, the next day my Nan died. But i knew she had been very ill. But it was a bit wierd how they stopped when she died, before i knew she had died,

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Kurobei,
if the external analysis approach of conventional psychology does not offer you the answers to the mind and dream, then the internal knowledge of esoteric psychology will.

to the esotericist, the dreams are the projections of your subconcious as your physical body rests. Generally, these will be the replaying of thoughts entertained in the day. Often though, (from an aspect of our existence that science cannot yet fathom - it is difficult for tools in one plane to analyse the other plane!) spiritual information is given to help you in your life. Symbology that -once interpreted- will guide you to a happier path through life. Clarity of thought is paramount, and so is the diminishing of one's negativity - unfortunately, weed smoking clouds your mind .

One vital concept to keep to your heart is that the place from which your dreams is a very sacred, and that your own dreams/information are of an exceedingly personal nature - one person's symbol is another person's garbage. So keep your dreams to yourself to interpret, no matter how tempting it is to blurt. One person from my astral class experienced a darkness for about 3 months for sharing a loaded dream with others.

Since i started my esoteric studies, I sometimes have about 8 dreams if my partner disturbs my sleep enough times for me to realise that i'm dreaming. there are excercises you can do with your concentration to remember your dreams - they help with remembering your day too! it is very important to realise that important messages in dreams are of little value if you forget the dang dreams!

finally, on the topic of dreams coming true, premonitions, limited clairvoyance and intuition are a very real faculty of your mind that spiritual work can develop if you have the patience. this post is too long for me to go into that!

but keep asking! it is an excellent way to grow if you keep questioning the reality around you! who knows how long each of us has to find the answers!

[ 02 October 2002, 02:51: Message edited by: .bender ]

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
bender ... how often do you call tall British Males "kyrian"
Do you wish to talk about that to Dr Cassandra ?

ROFL

Anyway ... I hope your dreams and tis dream in particular wcomes true since it should make you happy.

I think however that we are responsible for what happens too and therefore by letting yourself shine and goig your way and being more and more who you are , it is very likely that your reality will be even beyond dreams

shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
In my vast years of experience, if I dream it, it most definatly doesnt come true. Say like I saw this hot chick today and that night I dreamed that the next day I saw her and asked her out and yadda yadda yadda. Well I usually never see her again!! What a rip of dreams are

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

6,978 posts

Posted:
ray, dreams can at best guide our actions.
our actions are is the vehicle of karma.
regardless of one's beliefs, it is through karma that world works - different religions/societies paint different labels on this phenomenon.

i'm a big believer in treating the world as i'd like the world to treat me. if you are a nice boy, Ray, then you will have a nice girl, becuase you deserve to. It's as simple as that, refer to the 'no free lunch' theory of physics (conservation theory - no not bloody pandas, though they taste nice!)

Also, if you are interested, ray, i can interpret your dream for you. the fact that the hot chick appeared in you dream may simply be a placeholder; a filling in the gaps to fit a story in your dream that is meant as a message to you. Sometimes it's the details of the dream, sometimes it's the broad outline of the dream that contains the hidden meaning. What it may reveal about your life or your nature will cause you to rethink what truly happens when your physical body is at rest.

oh and cass, i do miss ranting on with kyrian-miester, perhaps this is an poignant slip? or is it my blurred vision? i need a milo.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Bender, dreams are the spin off of our brains bordome. You took what I wrote as a joke and made it serius bud. It wasnt meant to be serius. It was supposed to be funny and ironic from the first letter. I aint angry and I aint getting on your back, just thought I'd tell ya.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

6,978 posts

Posted:
no probs mate, you will find that i am hard to offend (but vain enough to say that i am hard to offend!)
okay now i'm confused
/walks off with crossed eyes

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
I kinda agree with Ray here, in my psych class we studied thoughs, dreams, brain waves etc. What it basically boiled down to is that dreams are your brain's way of defragmenting the memory space (think like hard drive) and eliminating useless thoughts you had during the day that are still in your subconscious.

The brain goes through this process, and a "successful" sleep cycle is when you don't dream at all, because your brain got everything sorted, filed, and trashed with no difficulty. If you wake up in the middle of the cycle, your brain is still working through those thoughts and when you arise to the conscious thinking level, the thoughts go there and you become aware of them, or remember the dream.

I tend to dream about weird random thoughts I had during the day that really didn't go anywhere when I thought them up.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
although the only person who probably will believe me will be bender:

in my work with dreaming, I've found it to be far more then just a product of your subconcious. in fact, dreaming doesn't take place in my mind at all. rather, its the actions of my "double". I only call it a "double" because it is me, but I'm sure it only has my luminosity (way my spirit looks), rather then my human form, if any human form at all. my dreaming is just as real, if not more real, then my awakeness.

the reason I say this is because I've experienced times in my dreaming where I found myself looking at myself asleep in my room. so to check whether or not I was really experiencing this I moved an object that constantly stays in the same place (turned my turntable 90 degrees) and when I woke up, lo and behold, it was still turned.

for me dreaming is what unlocks the secrets of nature, or at least, what gives me the sign of where to look for the next step. I see something in my dream that appears to be very important, then I find it in awakeness. lets say I find a useful spirit contained in smoke while dreaming. I then gaze at smoke until I find the spirit I was searching for.

so my answer to your question is that dreams don't come true, dreams are true.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I agree with the excercises bender is talking about... they really do work...

but I know exactly what you mean about the dreams from 1 or 2 years ago coming to a fore in the present and seeming to be coming to life (in the physical world)...

I very very occasionally dream real (as in, life sequences will really occur over x amount of days...) but I can recall more times when I have dreamed real as time goes on (e.g. I will write something down in my diary and will be able to excitedly hassle my housemates into reading it and making them spin out)

yeehar... life is lovely in more and more ways sometimes...

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Can someone explain how I dream something and then it happens? For instance I would dream a certain friend comes to my door wearing certain clothing and asks me to come to the beach with so and so... and then the exact scene plays out to the very last detail in my life a week later. This has happened on many occassions and confuses my mind about the existance of time since I can experience something before it happens. These 'premenitions' (spelling) have also happened with complex large scale events as well as simple small scale occurences in life. Any theories on 'time' that anyone would like to put forward that could explain this?

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Master Sodium, that's some interesting experiences you are having, what you describe is kind of like what is said to be astral travelling accept you have control over physical objects instead of simply being the observer. I love being out of my body but it can become addictive in the sense that the energy of the body is so heavy and inhibiting so when your outside of it you feel so free and wonderful. Does anyone else find this to be almost addictive???

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Anyone seen the movie called 'Waking Life"?? highly, highly recommend it, both for its concept and the beautiful messages contained within. The movie requires a focussed audience, so when you're feeling chilled and absorbant, check it out.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
Waking Life!!!! It's quite possible that is my favourite movie, even though i haven't actually seen it : D
(I've seen lots of clips from it, and heard lot's about it, so it sort of works..) - but someone stole our VCR, so i can't go rent it : (
Anyway, just wondering if many of you guys have ever had a 'Lucid Dream'? - where you realise you're dreaming ("wake up" within your dream), and therefore obtain complete control over the dream and the dream-world.
I've only had it happen maybe three or four times, but it truly is amazing.. It really shows what we are capable of when we truly rid ourselves of fear.

-Your dreams will be whatever you want them to be, nothing more, nothing less.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
sometimes you ponder things subconciously and then they come out in your dreams. Cos you were already thinking of making them happen yoou then achieve what you may have dreamed about.

That's what I think anyhoo.

I dreamed about jumping up and hugging Danae when I met her in Paris and it happened just like in my dream. so methinks it came true

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

AlienfoxSILVER Member
130 posts

Posted:
Brody
"The brain goes through this process, and a "successful" sleep cycle is when you don't dream at all, because your brain got everything sorted, filed, and trashed with no difficulty."

My understanding is that you always dream (given 'normal' conditions i.e. drug free etc). If you don't go into REM sleep and therefore don’t dream, it can lead to irritability, hyper-sexuality, insanity, and in the end death.
You always get around 6-8 REM session in the course of a nights rest, and usually only remember the last one, and that’s when you wake up.

And IMHO flying dreams are the best ( even better than hot sex dreams )
Loose teeth dreams, and fighting someone in slow motion (as if underwater) dreams are nasty.

- Alienfox -

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey i it makes me happy that people are opening their minds to their minds (pun! ) to the possibility that yeah, perhaps, there is another element to our existence that can only be perceived at all when our consciousness not overworked by the sensation of waking life.
It is simpler and more difficult than you think to astral project
just sleep and concentration. behind these few prerequisites are months of spiritual work!
you spare your consciousness the distractions of waking life by sleeping, and concentrate in a clear and undivided manner - i won't go into chakra work, waking in dreams or conversations with another astral traveller, as a single post will never match the knowledge available in esoteric study!

I'll just leave it for now with an important idea: intent! it is frivolous to fly about when you've developed yourself enough to seek spiritual information from astral entities. People who have been to the higher realms experience a deep joy in the knowledge that physical death in this realm does not stop your existence in all ways.
And yea, you could just fly about too i guess...
(I feel sometimes that i've squandered so many years of my life not growing in this way! Healers often rant that the growth of the body must be matched by the growth of the mind and of the spirit to be healthy, and so true it is! I hope i never become a very fit, and very sad person!)

omg i've ranted again. see what happens when joo guys start looking/questioning your existences again?!? for shame! now i want you to write 100 times on the black-hole board....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
When I was a little kid, I couldn't light a match. Lighting a match requires more skill than many of us think!

One night I dreamed about lighting a match...and the next day I succeeded!

I guess that dream came true!

Now the one about Sarah Michelle Gellar...I'm not so optimistic on that one...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura