Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Northey St Cityfarm Winter Solstice Festival

Login/Join to Participate

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
I thought some of you may be interested in the beautiful little festival... haven't been for a few years, but have happy happy memories of fire dancing around the HUGE bonfire and eating delicious organic food...
Hope some of you can make it!

Winter Solstice Festival

Saturday June 25th
Northey Street City farm
16 Victoria St Windsor.

Live music, Kids Entertainment,
Performance Art & Farm Tours
from 4pm.

Yummy Organic Dinner

$7 & $4 4pm—7pm

Featuring:

SubFreq,
Raychel Stone,
LoveCat,
Live performances & others.
Roving Entertainment,
Fire twirling, Bonfire
& much more.

We need volunteers to help us with preparations for the festival. If you are keen, have the time, energies and want to be part of this exciting night, please link to the website below and get in touch with the organisers
www.northeystreetcityfarm.org.au

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Ry's put this up too!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
yeh, but I did it first... wink

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
I haven't been to this for a few years either. I remember the lovely warm vibe, and that delicious bonfire. I considered going this year but remembered, I have two parties to go to that night already. Hmmm maybe I could go to Northey Street early. I'm sure they'll light the fire pretty early, then I can just take that warmth with me!

"Be the Bunny"

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Indeed you did Miss Becca! I didn't even notice it when I was making the post, and I even looked for it!

Well, I'm closing up the other one then..

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
ahhhhhh why do i have to work so much!!! i remember hearing about this ages ago but i thought it was in july. i really wanted to go but now i cant because im working. if i wasnt so broke i would skip work and come.

I can't wait to die, I'm going to Hell. They have fire down there!

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
Ry.. no need to do that sweetie... I was just playin smile
If you missed this thread others could too & then they won't know and might miss it and... frown

Jai.. It'll come around again next year, so don't be too sad.. always a weekend either side of the solstice which is around 21st June.. so mark it in your diary now for next year?

Jen.. maybe we can do shifts..? I can't make it early cause we have a gig, but am hoping to go afterwards if it isn't too late...
that northey street bonfire is the *yummiest* one I know..

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hope you guys hads a decent solstice party, ours got rained out and now there's caked mud *everywhere!*

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
hmmmmm I just watched the sun set and the moon rise for solstice.... was delisciously wonderful! biggrin

felt like the sky and ocean and earth and ellements and and the whole world was giving me a massive hug! hug2 so lush... and really needed it! I sent lots of loving energy back out into the world... ubblove hope you felt a little of it wherever you are!!! grouphug

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
What a lovely thing to share!!!
I've been sitting here inside like a very slack pagan indeed!!

Are you lovelies going to the Northey St do? I am planning on going.. then up the street to a friends place for a Soup Party!!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Tonight! biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Nice one Ry!
Thanks for posting that, that was a good night out. clap

See you on Monday with our assorted new spinny goodness friends.... smile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
OK so this is me *bumping* an old thread rather than make a new one * pats self on head and hopes peopledon;t get all mixed up about the dates*

This is 2007 OK and the Northey St City Farm Winter Solstice party is on Sat 23rd June.

I am looking for 2-4 spinners to help with the ritual lighting of the bonfire and have a bit of a play.

Lots of people who would usually be involved are out of town doofing/camping that weekend so I would really appreciate some new faces stepping up!

Doesn't need fabulous skills.. most of it is more ceremonial than performance style. We have long torches and assorted nice things to play with as well as anything you bring.
PM me or leave a note here...
Cheers!
Gabe

LuisEmilionewbie
1 post

Posted:
hi just wondering about the solstice this year where exactly are you having it?
i'm from SouthAmerica and was really looking forword to doing something for this winter solstice....please contact me...my e-mail is:
vilugron_@hotmail.com

cheers...oh yeh i do live in brisbane and i grew up here in australia....just thought i'd leave it all clear...so i am south american but i am also ozzeee!!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey HoP, excellent, that's 3 people responded. Yay. I will email you this arvo, Luis

Northey St City Farm is in Northey St Windsor. Goes from Lutwyche Rd just north of the RBH hospital to Newmarket Rd.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
There's a nice crew lined up and it should be a good night: So if you're in Brisvegas, comme down and enjoy fun! From 3 pm via bands and circus to a bonfire spankinhide finale!