Forums > Social Chat > what to do with a naked face

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
So I have a job interview/screening on in 2 days, and i have/had an orange mohawk and orange facial hair, which i had to shave off to be "presentable"... but i have had a beard or goatee for the last 6 years and now i feel really, really weird without it. it had a few singes, here and there, but i liked it and now i feel naked. redface

i just felt a need to share this with someone. any sympathizers in the crowd?

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I'd have though the patients would only be too happy.

They have things stuck into them, so if the staff show willingness to stick things in themselves too there shouldn't be too much bad feeling about it.

Then again if someone has a phobia about needles the last thing they need to see is huge great spikes sticking out of your face, although it's a lot easier to give someone an injection after they've fainted.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i have stuck haribo sweets to my spikes biggrin that would be fun to see patients reactions ubblol

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
I hadn't thought about it that way, I was young and easily intimidated by old scary men in white coats wtih attitude problems telling me what to do....
I suppose part of it was the whole fear of.. where could that end up? You've all heard the horror stories of people coming out of surgery with different pieces of equipment inside them, I suppose having someone's nose ring in your intestine isn't as bad as a pair of scissors but you know how anal some people can be

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I think some people would be only too happy to have strange looking things inside them, bodypiercing having limits without the kind of tools available in an operating theater.

I've seen enough Jackass to know that people are willing to insert things into themselves in order to get a crazy looking x-ray.

Those same old men in white coats probably have prince alberts and nipple clamps and get up to all kinds of freaky 5h1t with car batteries and stuff off shift.

I wouldn't be inclined to believe everything I see on TV, except my mum's a practice nurse, and has plenty to say about doctors.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

Car batteries... I'm sure they could find plenty more instruments of torture in any A&E, I was thinking defibrilator...

Cheers for the giggle

FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
My piercings have always raised some sort of an issue too... I have 9 in my ears, all of them except my tragis are 6 gauge (3mm) which isnt that big, but when you have eight 6 gauge earrings, all stainless steel loops, i guess they can be kind of menacing.... My other piercings arent visible, so they didnt have to come out...

My beard is growing back. Face feels incredibly weird without it....... but interviee went well today... EXCEPT for the whole drug test thing... yeah... finals week at Uni was LAST WEEK... and for some reason I didnt stone myself up the entire week, but i did take literally 1 hit off a joint last week... So I may have shaved for nothing... Which would suck... I will find out by tomorrow, I suppose.

On another note, I have worked with kids for a very long time... Three summers ina row I worked ar a day camp, basically putting me in charge of 35 5-7 year olds for about 60 hours a week. Absolutely exhausting but fun... the other jobs I have had with kids have been less impact, thank goodness, two or three times a week for only 3 hours at a time or so... but the BEST PART about working with kids is... you get to send 'em home with someone else at the end of the day!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: fluffy napalm fairy

FRD - you genius! (and Spacecow) I haven't giggled so much all day! ubblol

*brushes off shoulder* I try wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
My only issue with my piercings is that I've had to take them all out because they're just too painful.

I developed MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities) after being exposed to large amounts of burnt plastic fumes on one job, which means I'm really sensitive to loads of man-made, and a few naturally occuring chemicals.

I can't stand to have anything metal against my skin for a long time as I start to ache, like with bad flu, starting where the metal is. I can just about manage a wrist watch for a couple of hours. [edit] I've found this is due to nickel sensitivity, which is so extreme I can't even use the highest grade surgical steel. I also have problems with some titanium that isn't pure, so I'll have to be very careful about not breaking bones that may need pinning.[/edit]

I can't take any recreational drugs, because the tiniest amounts are like an O.D.. Even caffeine and pain killers can make me feel seriously unwell.

The slightest puff on a spliff results in my entire nervous system being amplified, so that any heat or cold feels like burning or freezing, and I can't regulate my bodys temperature properly. Touch becomes like broken glass, and light and noise become blinding and deafening. All my muscles and joints start to ache. My sensitivity to metal extends to about a foot away from me, and starts to include electric fields, so I have to turn off everything electrical.

A lot of this is likely specific to the fact I've also got Aspergers syndrome / Higher functioning autism, which is known for an over sensitive nervous system.

Other people with MCS can have it a lot worse, having convulsions every time someone wearing perfume or deodorant walks into the room.

So long as I stay away from any chemicals I'm fine, but exposure to new things increases the overall sensitivity, and trying three lots of antidepressants I was over sensitive to really didn't help. The sensitivity to cannabis only started after I'd come off the last lot.

Yep, I'm a freak...
EDITED_BY: polarity (1125272013)

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
how does that affect you when you're spinning then.. surely you would have a reaction to parafin, or I suppose you just have to stick to tail poi.

- sounds like a pain in the ar*se either way though.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
So long as there's some wind and I'm not standing in a cloud of fumes it's been OK. I just have to be picky about where I get fuel, so it doesn't have any additives. Paraffin isn't that toxic as it's used in loads of moisturisers (and used to be taken internally to treat some things, firebreathers certainly won't need worming!) I think the main effects are when the vapour gets into the lungs, as it screws up the body's ability to produce mucous and clear the lungs out.

That said I haven't spun fire in a while, although I was in Japan over the winter where they use paraffin heaters a lot, and I didn't have any serious reaction to the fumes from them. It's a bit pick and mix what affects you with this, and high exposure to one chemical can trigger sensitivity to a bunch of others, so I could end up having to steer clear of paraffin in the future, if I'm unlucky.

I wouldn't miss fire too much, as I've just ordered all the parts to make some really nice color changing LED poi, and *HyperLights, the other HoP member who's making these lives pretty close, so we could be colaborating to make some really nice poi (and staff). (search for Luxeon in the Technical section)

Still, it'd be nice to get stoned wink

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
Well darlin, take a puff on this cyber doob, inhale deeply and relax on the out breathe...call it the placebo effect.

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:
mind if i have a pull?

i've been employed for 3&1/2 years now...

my boss gaving up making coments about my hair! the last time i heard from him about it was about 8 months after i started! ubblol

Even his boss doesn't have a problem with it! He's just a control freak!

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!

GherkinGOLD Member
Inventor
117 posts

Posted:
I shaved my beard off once... Never again.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
paint it like a clown(much like what happened on friday...........)

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
eek Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
ditto I agree with the froggy one. they are evil.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
biggrin see i try telling people and no one listens. nice to see i am not alone

Page: