GoodSILVER Member
55 posts

Posted:
Hi All, I did a Durbs on this but found naught- we're trying to build some sets of fire bowls for bellydancing, picture the top part of a shallow wine glass filled with fire. I've been checking doorbell websites for those round dingy parts (cool sound, too) but no way can I pay US $65 each! We need 4 pair! Has anyone built these? We'll put a pad of sorts and some finger loops under, then maybe a little post that sticks up, with some wick, inside the cup. Thanks for any advice!- Good

take the schneak-tip

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Just a thought (which I haven't really thought out) but couldn't you just use shallow wooden balls, with the inside coated in silver/tin foil or alu-tape?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Are u describing a variation of the fire hands that firepoise used at falmouth? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

GoodSILVER Member
55 posts

Posted:
Wish I had been to Falmouth, sweetie, far far away from here, I fear. I do wanna visit, though! Durbs, your idea might work if the wick-stem wouldn't burn the wood part (I guess you mean Bowls). I did find some stainless condiment cups at a kitchen supply website, we will try to drill thru the bottom. I'll have a look around and see if I can find a pic of the fire bowls to post... some call the move "candle-hands". Wow, did I refer to a fire toy not in our inventory yet? ubbideaWheeee!

take the schneak-tip

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Is this something similar to what you are referring to or do you actually want something that will hold liquid fuel while you are dancing? These particular ones are made by Sage and info about purchasing them can be found on Adam Rice's site.