Forums > Meet Others > Spinners in Portsmouth?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Stormy, Queen of VodkaThe HoP Industrial Rainbow Fairy
385 posts

Posted:
I'm looking for experienced spinners in the portsmouth area!

Currently, I'm pretty new to spinning. I know a few basic moves but I really would like to meet up with a few others to learn a few new things! I love to spin and I'd love to get a bit better at it!

If you're interested in meeting up please post and I'll get back to you! biggrin

†.You've got invisible fangs and cherry nun bangs,
Your erotic cabaret is non stop
You're wearing too many belts
And I bet they leave welts
Shut up and dance cause I wanna pop.†

385 posts

Posted:
No I haven't spanner. I've not gone up to soton in a long time! having said that I'm going up tomorrow for a spot of shopping and the like lol. It would be cool to meet up though. I really wanna learn some new stuff! I don't really learn too well off sites, learn best with people to teach me

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
i suggest you get in touch with "dressed in black" its my best mate Tess. shes at portsmouth uni. xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

385 posts

Posted:
cool! will do, cheers vixen

385 posts

Posted:
Sounds good to me!! Seraphire would probably be interested in joining us so it would be quite a laugh I would reckon

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh.. my home town!

Keep an eye out here. I've not attended any pompey meets but I know they post news about here from time to time.

If you're not already familiar with it, try this site too:
https://www.soton-firespinning.co.uk/

SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
After speaking with some of the locals, we've proposed April 16th Castle Field. Same Venue as last time. We've revised safety and hopeing we'll have as good a time as last.

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
I would love to go to this. I read good things about last time - and infact I'll probably be intown earlier that day.

BUT it clashes with this you see.....
https://www.ocb-party.net/

frown

385 posts

Posted:
Ahhh sounds good stuff. 16th it is then smile And I suppose then Seraphire you're gonna expect everyone to trek down there and you just potter across the road from your house? tongue cheeky

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
have u told anyone on the soton site? cause if you do... we might come!! lol

So.. who have i met here?

passing through, this world still lives.

Dressed in BlackBRONZE Member
A Fire Inside
191 posts

Posted:
oh sweet i live in portsmouth!

::: I LiKe pLeAsUrE sPiKeD wItH pAiN - MuSiC iS mY aErOpLaNe :::

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
16th on castle fields?

That's Sat. COuld be done... will consult my good lady, and see whats happening..

Anyone got a time?

passing through, this world still lives.

385 posts

Posted:
Well I have no idea how the meet went in the end, seeing as I heard nothing more about it when I spoke to a few people that afternoon. Hope it was good if it DID go ahead! Maybe another meet can be arranged a little later on?

270 posts

Posted:
It was alright on my end. I heard people went to castle field, but we ended up in the pub, spinning in the garden, we are as we speak working out another. Don't forget Beltane tomorrow up at Butser.

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Delirium_Starmember
73 posts

Posted:
Thats was so shoddy, bloody spinning at the [censored] pub, what a stoopid crappy idea, that highly annoyed me....I wanted to get wasted and have enough room to actually spin while other were spining too god damn it, beltane was pretty cool too tres fun ^_^

p.s. Rar! I found people, YAY! Is there any one else I know on here?

+†Delirium_57412†+

xx_obi_xxnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Miss Carlybear i resent that it wasn't shoddy it was cool there was no wind and there was a bar wot more could ya want lol you were hammered anyway haha!!

the answer to spinners in portsmouth is there is actually quite a few of us but as were trained ninjas ya don't see us till its too late lol

except at the show we done at chaos that was pretty cool spinning inside in front of a crowd tres cool lol!!!

270 posts

Posted:
I think we all had fun at Chaos, that was very cool, reckon they'll have us back?

Delirium_Starmember
73 posts

Posted:
Hiya brett my dear hows, j00? The pub was shoddy, you know I hate getting drunk there and I was only drunk because I was pissed off with having to be at a pub with no room to spin so I decided to join in and get wasted so no matter how [censored] the night was i'd still have alaugh plus didn't eat and drunk most of that vodka straight because I couldn't drink it in the pub because it was MY bottle of vodka, going to a bar costs more then just buying a few beers or a bottle of somthing and taking it with you. Fair enough there could have been a little wind but that night was pretty calm for weath it was just cold and it would have been just as cold over on the feilds!

Chaos was brill and I think Spikey Mark, Dave and Alex are going to try get us to do it again for the next Super Chaos, if Will and Carl don't kick up a fuss again! I might even have a go with fire wink

+†Delirium_57412†+

xx_obi_xxnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
we should be getting another go at the next super chaos this time will be planned more in advance i didn't find out till 2 days before lol i'll have a word with Daddy Alex and get things sorted like i have said on other forums if enough people turn up at the India then we can move to castle fileds

385 posts

Posted:
We should organise something. I didn't get to go to the last one, mainly cause Chris didn't let me know where it was frown

We should definitely all meet up again cause the weather is getting better and it would be a laugh

Delirium_Starmember
73 posts

Posted:
Yeah totally, Chaos will prolly work. I was asked at least a month before it but I doubt they'll have fire breathers again because they got annoyed and said it was "unprofessional" but hay were born and bred portsmouth spinners w00t to us, we HAD enough spinners last time they just coulnd't be assed to get there poi out due to the fact that we were spinning at a poxy pub! I think we should defo oginise a BIG SPIN for my birthday in august, the weather would be great if we plan it early enough people can book it in and stuffs, what ya think?

+†Delirium_57412†+

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Hiya. I work in pompy (right by gunwharf), live in southampton, spin in bournemouth, and just got back from meeting spinners in hastings phew! so i seem to trek across the south coast. More into staff and juggling but can poiggle (the only poi I really do) but would join in a lunchytime or evening weavesmiley some time. your also welcome over in bournemouth hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Nicinewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hiya everyone,

I'm also from Portsmouth, lived here for all my life, I know sad! Any way, I recently took up Poi spinning whilst I was visting the Isle of Wight the other week. I know some basic moves, but have a lot to learn yet!

It's good to know that there are other Poi spinners in the Pompey area. It would be great to meet some of you in the near future.

Nici

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
yeah more join the circus of fun weavesmiley juggle ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
There are more of us in your area than you think wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
How come there's such a lot of you in or around Pompey then?

There's so many you could start your own forum.

And I see you have already!

AND I'm a member of it too!

Silly me.

Seriously folks... it is strange that you are all down there, there must be a leyline running through it, or maybe it's something in the water

confused

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Yep there is definatley summit in the water down here, but its not consumable by any means...............

I rekon its all in the air wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Oh no... don't tell me...

The Eastney Sewage Processing Plant has leaked again

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
if only... eek
I....see.....dead....people...... ubbloco

[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Nah... that's just your football team wink wink wink

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

football confused whats that?

wink

Page: