moskeitonewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Hello - i'm in sheffield for 2 months and would like to find other spinners, staffers, jugglers.
I'm here for the Polichinelo course which is great so far, but i need stuff to keep me busy at the weekends.

Men watch women. Women watch themselves being watched.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
just the weekend eek way more to do in sheffield!.
just th right place for you to land up in as it is one of the biggest communities of spinners and quality spinners at that.

sheffields own website : https://www.poiinthepark.net

they are a great bunch of people.

your best bet is on monday night head over to St Andrews Church hall [rear of the church to the right hand side of it as you go through the gates.], the church is on Upper Hanover Way, which is the ring road in town. It is between Ecelsall Road and Glossop Road, [300yards down from glossop road], between 7pm and 9pm there is the Teapots Circus where you will meet the core of the community and some faces from homeofpoi too.

Ask around for a guy called Dave [onewheeldave] or Matt [solace] or you can also speak to Paul the clubs president... all very nice guys who will help you out and be your friend.

Sheffield also hosts poiinthepark, held monthly at Endcliffe Park at hunters bar... if you check out the pip site there is up to date info on that there, even though there is a thread here in events.

hope that you enjoy your time in Sheffield, it is a beautiful city with many beautiful people to meet and spend time with.
Be sure to give every one a hug for me.

be kewl. smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Im a sheff hallam uni student, on a couple fo years out...

i agree with Mr PK, there is a killer bunch of people in sheff who are fookin ace! biggrin##the pips are class, come rain or shine, there is a hardcore set of people who wil like to play, there is the tea pots crew, and the hallam juggle club, that you should be able to get info on from someone, but im not sure whos running it atm....

go play, and i may see you soon man

Step (el-nombrie)

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
I did reply on the other thread but it's got moved.

Here's a copy and paste, but it pretty much just says what PKand Mech said: -

Written by: onewheeldave

Welcome; and, in reply to your other thread about juggling/spinning stuff in Sheffield, check out: -

Sheffield 'Poi in the Park' thread both in HOPs 'events section' and on www.poiinthepark.net (once a month, usuallly a Saturday).

If you're bored on Monday evenings, there's Sheff unis juggling club from 7-9 p.m. at st. Andrews church on Hanover Way (get an A-Z: the church is at the university [that's sheffield university, not Hallam] end of Hanover Way, 50 yards down from where it meets West st/Glossop Rd near the tram stops).

"Polichinelo course" is that the short acro-based course that Luke Burrage did? If so, a few people from it have wound up at Teapots during their stay here.

What's the course like?

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

moskeitonewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Thanks for quality info - will definitely be at the mon night thing not this mon but next (already arranged stuff - shame). Searched the PIP and HOP sites - is there a date for Feb PIP or have i missed it already - couldn't find it on the site but that's probably cos i'm a computer dunce!

Question: 'PK' - is that as in Parkour?

The polichinelo course is the very same that mr Luke did - yes it's damn good - i've been doing acro for 3 years and just started teaching in edinburgh and i've only done 2 weeks of this course and already learned loads - highly recommend it if you have the time and cash.

Men watch women. Women watch themselves being watched.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
in answer to your question... nope... been my nickname for as long as i can remember....

living it up in edinburgh too!... i do hope that your hanging out with the kewl kids at te POOKa down on leven street or on the meadows on monday nights.

dont think there is a date for pip just now... site is down currently with a new server, but having database problems.. will be back in the next day or so.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"i do hope that your hanging out with the kewl kids at te POOKa down on leven street"

He had better be.

wink