Page: ...
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
So does this mean there may be a get together next week in the cardiff area . . . that'd be cool, I shall try and come along . . Do the cardiff massive have a favourite night venue Welsh Club, Toucan, Bar Fly ?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
'welsh massive' ubblol Now that would be over stating it a bit!
This would be the first meet in cardiff that we have arranged so we don't have a regular time or place. In fact we are very slack and rubbish at organisation because we are all a bit too layed back!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Thats not a bad thing, the world would be better if everyone took things a little more chilled out . . . I just wondered whether I would of possible seen/meet any of you out and about . . . last summer I met a guy doing poi in Coopers Field and I meet a girl in the Cardiff union but can't remember their names. . .

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Well neither of them were me. Firstly I'm not male and secondly I live near Swansea and only really come into Cardiff to do a bit of retail therapy and have never been in the Cardiff union.

Was the girl a pretty red head? If she was it could have been Non.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
If it was a short guy with a furry face and not sounding at all Welsh (well why would he, he's born and raised in Cariff rolleyes) that could have been Rossco.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Thats true Dunc, Rossco sounds less welsh than I do and I'm an essex girl! ubblol Well kind off...

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Thats true Dunc, Rossco sounds less welsh than I do and I'm an essex girl! ubblol Well kind off...

Is that something to be proud of?? :P

[/end hi-jack]

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Is what something to be proud of? Not sounding Welsh or me being raised in essex?

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
The essex thing! wink

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Well its not my fault my Dad moved to Essex when I was 6 months old...... its not like I had a say in it! tongue Now get to bed you bad boy....... didn't I spank you once already today?!?

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
yeah, but that only............no, wait, I'll stop that right there, this is a family forum after all! wink

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
*slaps a Parental Guidance sticker on Birds forehead*

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
ubblol does that mean I can carry on the previous sentence??

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I would be up for dusting off the old poi and giving them a twirl next weekend, if a plan comes together . . .

1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: MattyB@Cardiff

So does this mean there may be a get together next week in the cardiff area . . . that'd be cool, I shall try and come along . . Do the cardiff massive have a favourite night venue Welsh Club, Toucan, Bar Fly ?

toucan toucan toucan

well i'm not that massive, but i like it. although i'll happily go with any of the above.... i'll be working next saturday until six but i'm practically opposite coopers field so 'tis all groovy, must remember to take poi to work....

1,643 posts

Posted:
ooh heck, why am i all underlined?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
At this moment in time I have to say.... I don't care what we do and when because I've come down with some hideous gloopy achy craptastic illness of the D-E-V-I-L! Blahhhhhhh! Who wants some girlie germs? I want to give them away free to a good home...... I don't want them back!

1,643 posts

Posted:
ARGH!! that sounds pretty disgusting, lets leave it 'til next week eek and in the meantime you, lady are to be gotten to be bed!

i'd offer to take the germs, but i don't think i have a good home, i'll probably forget to feed them or not clean out their litter tray.... which reminds me, cats probably want something...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Oooooooo Who do I get to tuck me in and read me bedtime stories? Can it be someone ultra gorgeous to take my mind off the aches?

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
well, I was about to offer, but then I saw you specified "ultra gorgeous", I guess that kinda counts me out (i only just about make it to "gorgeous"! wink )

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
i would offer but fail on the ultra gorgeous bit . . .

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
now why didn't Bird's post show up till now, now my post just looks like i was just copying him and my wit is lost . . . d'oh
Non-Https Image Link

god damn it

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Bird lets ask Lightning about that shall we? He is the man that knows ultra gorgeous from just plain ol' gorgeous! Where is that Doctor when you need him?

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
sorry matt, you caught me on an evening where I actually have an internet connection that works (I'm at work still), normally my post would take about 4 hours longer to appear and you'd have made me look like I was copying you! tongue

And Skully - redface

ghoststranger
7 posts
Location: Cardiff during term time, Dorset (England) during ...

Posted:
MattyB-I could possibly be the girl you met at the student union in Cardiff, depends whether you mean Cardiff uni (<---me) or UWIC? I do go the uni juggling (and anything else circus skills-y) society meetings sometimes if that's any good. Wonder if the bloke who runs it is around here? Are you the bloke who runs it?!

Um yeah, anyway-hi people (or poiple...oh dear!), I live in Cardiff too biggrin during term time anyway. If you guys sort out a date for playing with fire I will definitely be there, I really miss the group at home.

Katie x
EDITED_BY: ghost (1108811653)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I think the plan so far is to try and meet next weekend sat 26th Feb in Cardiff. It all really depends on the weather though. If its going to be freezing cold and raining its not going to be much fun! YAY for the lovely weather in Wales! Roll on summertime!

I've been trying to find out who owns the hall around the corner from me to see if we could hire it for a day. That way we'd have somewhere inside to spin if its really freezing and wet. I just don't seem to be able to track them down though. I'm still working on it. If I do manage to get it, a few of you could crash at mine over night if you can't get home.... my house is an utter mess so be warned. I won't even do that "Oh I'm sorry about how untidy it is, I've been run off my feet and not been able to clean up" line because its always messy! biggrin ubblol Its only half renovated but it has a roof, central heating and a bathroom..... what more could you want?

1,643 posts

Posted:
another poi-son (what is the singular for poiple?) in cardiff! welcome ghost, come too! mwehahaha!! the poi domination of south wales is finally taking shape.... ubblol devil

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Non I think to get a big enough number of spinners together in south Wales to be able to call it a meet, and not just a couple of spinners, we will have to import some from........ now I know you won't like this and don't bite me for saying it.... but I'm going to be brave and risk saying it........ England.

*runs and hides*

1,643 posts

Posted:
import them?!? ye gads, do you have any idea what kind of diseases they may bring with them? ubblol (sorry)

how many people constitute a 'meet' anyway? umm there would be a number of people who would be 'meeting' i assumed that would count biggrin

Page: ...