Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
well we could meet up where ever if people are up for it and just camp there. im up for it so we got all ngiht to spin fire.

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

skwairBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
i just remembered about the meet up yesterday. balls! totally missed it frown

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
it was really good should have come. we were being bullied by these like skally kids and the wether wasnt all that buti learned lots and met new people so a massive sucsess in my eyes. so you going to come to the next one!

skwairBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
well im kinda limited to swansea. (poor student, cant afford much travelling). but i'll be around if theres one close by. just found out a mate has started to learn too, so might have someone to practise with.

or, thread the needle might drive me insane and cause me to burn my poi in a moment of mega frustration.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
cant you get it? i have been spnning for a year and its only in the last 3 weeks that i could do it. i just couldnt get my head around it for ages but as soon as i got it its become relly easy now. and yesterday i learned reverse TTN in isolation it may not be that teck but i think it looks really good i like moves that tripp me out

skwairBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
i think im getting it very very slowly. like, i can do a couple of repetitions before smacking myself in the crotch.

im only just starting really, butterfly, 3 beat weave (i think, too difficult to count!), and almost TTN is all i can do so far.

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
how many people would we be talking then??.. i think we could safley have forty spinning at the same time in this area,, but plenty of room for people to gather etc,, photos following shortly :P

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yeah that sounds good i will chat to you on msn tonight

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
so the last meet was good were and when is the next meet. i can do any weekend and if posible can we do it in cardiff. lets try and make it asap.

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
we are opening our workshops on the 1st and 2nd of july,, as i said before,,we would be doing workshops up untill 4:00pm,, but if you arrive earlier there is no problem with you joining in for a jam ,,,so yeh,, if any one can make it to aberavon beach front on the 1st or 2nd of july please do,, if directions are needed just ask biggrin...

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i will try and get down but pay day aint untill the 10th so if i can get some cash i will be there. everyone this will be my last post for a few days as im off to barcelona untill tue so talk to guys later and hope everyone whos going to play have a great time.

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
hey all was nice to mett every one who went to swansea on sunday,i would have stayed longer but my friend wanted to go,and being such a nice person i took him home.plus i didnt wanna pay to park in the same place twice.i shall try and make it to the beach front on the 2nd sounds cool,how is every one?

to many freaks to little circuses!

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
i'll probably be at aberavon beach on the 2nd, nice one Gizmo.

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
awsome everyone is welcome,,:D.. there may even be a small bbq too wink

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
woohoo bbq! i will sell a kidney to get there!

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
lol doubt ill be able to come.water is getting in my car so i have to pay to have that sorted which sucks,hav a good weekend anyways,ill have to wait till the next time.i have learnt reverse hyper loop and i did almost get the forward behind the back weave.and i can do that butterfly weave now woooooo.over and out!

to many freaks to little circuses!

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
don't think i can make it this weekend to aberavon, but would be nice to see your spinning space at some point gizmo... keep us up to date about future workshops pretty please smile

Otherwise, this monthly meet... Cardiff? 16th July? or 30th?
any thoughts or opinions on the matter? (I can't do the weekend in between, hence those two for suggestions...)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i can do 16th and 30th so what ever is best for everyone else where we gunna spin coopers is a bit shity at the moment its over ridden with smack heads so im open for sugestions

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
no worries guys,, like i said it was a little short notice huh ,,

i`ll post pics asap, and workshops will be run every weekend from the 1st of july to around the end of september, (then we will move indoors wink ) ,and literally now guys anytime you want to spin at aberavon just post it,, if i can make it there will be music etc ,,,so yeh,,i`ll keep you informed biggrin

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
im down for the 16th in cardiff. glad to hear about the workshops especially with music.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
sage you comeing up to aberavon on the weekend then? i got my hyperloops down but again my revers is alot better than my normal just got to face it im a goofy spinner hows your transitions comeing on?

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
yea i'm coming on sunday the 2nd, i got the reverse ttn down. i've been working on hand wraps and btb weave mostly. i can stop/stall my right poi while spinning my left for transitions but i'm working on stopping my left poi while spinning my right. i've started trying to learn every new move forward and reverse and left and right. after watching nicks video 'the scales of poi' i have been working alot on my plane manipulation. that dvd really helps me with the fundementals and opened up loads of new ways to practice.

u coming?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yeah i will be there on sunday if your going down then. i just ordered a boler hat as well so that should be here tomoz so i will bring that down with me. played with one a few times can do very little so should be a laugh. ttn btb fairplay i just cant get my head around that lol i havent wathed that yet but i will now

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
little update:

theres a few spinners coming on the 1st, i think we`ll jam and take it str8 thro into early morning on the 2nd, i think we will be camping at the site,,,so if anyone can make it on the 1st we will be sooooo happy,,, but sunday is good too wink

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
so you camping there is it? i might be able to sort out a tent if so i will come up on the saturday how do u get to you little world

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
woohoo im currently available for the 16th July - yaaaaaay!!! bounce bounce2

i need teaching - i can do quite a few moves, but i just cant make it look good, i videoed myself and although the moves were all right, they just didnt flow...am going to by scales of poi when i get money lolsign

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
okay after the update i am going to go on saturday the 1st instead of sunday.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
lol you gunna camp over me and ryan are which means we can spin fire yay last time sucked becuase we never go to but still a good meet

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
just might camp, see how it goes. either way i'm staying for some fire.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
lol thats cool you got some yet or do u wanna play with mine lol could sound very very wrong

Page: ......