Forums > Social Chat > Sod's Law/Murphy's Law

Login/Join to Participate

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Why is it that whenever you are trying to impress someone something goes horribly wrong.... ubbloco

I am going out on my first dat since my break up tomorrow night so as you can imagine I am trying to make a decent impression...so what do I go and do today...I fall up some stair and take most of the skin off my arm in the process....

Argh....Why am I so accident prone...ubblol

Anyone else don'e something really stupid like this?

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
how do you fall up a stair? anyway, it'll make a good story when you can't think of anything to say (which hopefully won't be necessary), and might ease the tension (which there hopefully won't be any of). i hate dates.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I tripped on my really lose pants and my heels...I am unco ubblol

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol i too have fallen up stairs! on a few occasions!!! ubblol

at least it'll make for a good icebreaker! and you can get some sympathy too!! biggrin

have fun!!

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Bretchenthusiast
247 posts

Posted:
Thats a great talking point for a first date... who's had the worst accidents. its' funny and most most people have had silly accidents... I should know, I've had many myself, which can be told in the most hilerous ways, to my humilation, but thats whats funny!!!

I remember on a first date, she had been told the head of a Guinness taste nice, my first pint, she goes 'does that taste nice?' and dips her finger in it. She later told me she was mortified at what she had done and thought she'd cocked the date up before it had even started... I was quite amused by it and didn't consider it to be bad in any shape or form.

Another first date, I wakled into the pub, went to the bar, pint, had almost finished it, thought she wasn't going to show, and she had been round the other side all the time thinking I was going to show ubbloco I think I didn't want to look like I was on a first date or something stupid.

Anyway, best of luck.. but I'm sure you don't need it!!!!!

I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure now.....

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
it's incredibly easy to fall up a stair, easier even than falling down, believe me, i've practised.

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Number one rule don't bother trying to impress anybody.

Id rather look like a dag with 50 cents in my pocket if a girl thinks im nice she'll take her time to get to know im a prize catch .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
you rich sod. i wish i had 50c in my pocket... i could buy some lollies then smile

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
The first time i show a poi trick to someone new, even if its a really old trick, i smeg it up. I hit myself in the face or get tangled up and generally look like ive never even done pois before! frown

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
its kind of a rule that "If anything can go wrong, it will"

life seems to be like that mad

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Peeps always say taost always lands butter side down...this is not always the case tho, actually:

The probability of the toast landing butter side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying