Page:
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Ok lads,

I've just heard about this...
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4125481.stm

A huge earthquake occured in the Indian ocean yesterday, prompting a massive tidal wave which impacted Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia and Thailand.

I know there are many Hoppers in Thailand at the minute, though I hope most of them are on the other side of the island.

My thoughts and best wishes go out to those caught up in this today... if you are in Thailand, please post (when you can) to let us know you're ok.

Take care, all my love
Clare xx

Getting to the other side smile

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
My friend's daughter is married to a guy from Aceh. She is there with him now rebuilding things like toilets and incinerators. There is quite a lot of organised aid in the area rebuilding infrastructure, houses etc, but the people's long term livelihood and ability to get back financially on their feet is also vital. So they are also seeding new businesses in his wrecked, trashed and decimated village. Simple relevant things like wonton stalls. And paying the locals for their own rebuilding work...so people can stay close to their former homes and not lose their land/rights in a difficult political climate. I have donated money directly to her rather than larger aid agencies because I know it will go directly to the people in a very empowering way. If anyone wants to contribute to this then send me a private mail here and I'll send the account details.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Page: