fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH HOP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ll tell you whats wrong. we the people of fire and burnt hair are going through more phases that a person that listens to top 50 and hair styles change more than her underpants do!!!!!!!
First in the long long long ago when HOP was young it started with firebreathing,

NOW today its eather CRaptella, MaRMuCK, VEGEcrap, some other spread used for bread.

3 months ago it was sex
then icecream
then sex with icecream
then fire or sex
then six with fire.

Can anyone see what i am talking about here?
i am not being rude.
ITS A THEORY GODDAMMIT A THEORY
hmmmm

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
off the top of my head.

the reason for the conversation topics at present is that a large (and very rapidly growing, over 400 people have joined since I did 2 months ago) number of the people of this BB are new to poi, and are still getting to grips with basic moves, haven't yet branched out to serious move/techniqu development.

due to this inexperience and also the generaly pleasent nature of this board and fire-dancers in general, people are coming in and wanting to make friends.

So you have people on a fire site, who are still learning a pre-defined set of lessons wanting to talk but being unsure of their spinning/twirling skills so they talk about insignificant nothings. this is also known as small talk.

whereas about a year, year and a half ago (from what I can tell from wandering around old posts) there was an aweful lot of very in depth highly technical conversations. undoubtedly thre were still daft ramblings about the relative importance of cabbages and jumbo jets and the like/

just a random thought but,....perhaps a 'newbie' section would be useful. I know it is already covered with the forums here but it,....no it's a bad idea, don't know where that came from, *runs away from nasty thoughy*

I've just finished writing that and I'm not reading back over it so yet

knew I should have read it through first

[ 02 August 2002, 22:30: Message edited by: sub ]

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
One thing is for sure and that is if we all spent as much time practicing our spinning as we do fighting about Nutella and Marmite, we'd be doing somersaults in between catches or something sick like that by now!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
The masses come and seek...
Why does it bother you? You are still the same... If you really get bothered then post more topics for discussion that involve thought...

Dont fight something you cant change
Besides (not being rude here) most people WILL quit... The going get really though at points and some people just wont go through those stages.

I dont think I will ever stop twirling! Fun fun fun! I just love it when it gets even MORE challenging, give me something to do...

Peace and hugs to all, drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well, to be honest, i don't really peruse the technical section much. i know how to do a friggin butterfly, and how to dip my wicks. i wanna hang with all the wuvley wuvley peeps.

i wike hanging wif uvver pyros.
plus i'm secretly recruiting people for our fairy corps.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hop is an uber forum. it is the richest resource online of my favourite pastime not involving Morris dancing. I am really greatful that the abundance of humanity i find here expands the scope of the discussions to general issues n rants of people in general.
this thread inluded!
The categorisation of technical n social continents of this forum and the ever present search button should help you direct your use of HoP to the sections most relevant to yourself, you have the freedom to ignore the posts you do not like.
The last time I flaunted my freedom, all the monkies at the zoo were shaven.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I love the social stuff. I get to hang with people who supply chips & dip, beer 'n' smokes, nutella & other sandwich spreads. If it wasn't virtual I would put on another 10 kilos...

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
are we not human cause we spin fire? granted there's not a whole ton of crazy crazy technical stuff, but mebbe that's cause the people that have that to share don't post much?

and "social" is exactly that.... silly people being people just like any other people.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
400 people may have joined but 400 people haven't stayed. I miss the old skool. Where are they now? Where is wren these days?

I miss Itsgottab and Phule ranting at each other with their anti-americana and jingoistic ires respectively crashing between them.

I don't miss the point system. With everyone thinking they were doing their level best to help the site. I was missing for most of that though. I came back for the tail end of it.

If you ignore the ice cream threads. And the bread spread threads. And any other thread that you fell might annoy you then, and this is the really clever part, they won't annoy you.

It's just a theory.

I'm with Bender - dance, Morris, dance....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
3600 posts. If anyone cares...

Meh

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
well C@TUS congradulation on your 3600.
hehehehehehheheh YOUR FUNNY.
no am getting to the point that we have many serious conversatons, i mean the only resent and serious thing we have all talked about is pele's being sick.
okay we have had more but......
WE COULD HAVE MORE DAMMIT

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
well let's talk about something else then.

how about henri pirenne's assertion that the holy roman emperor charlemagne and the carolingian dynasty would never have come about had it not been for the existance of mohammed and the unexpected rapid expansion of islam in the 7th century.

wherever you go, there you are.

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
so you see. serious intellectual is just not very interesting.

now, does anyone want toast and marmite?

wherever you go, there you are.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
LOL at the mind gap.

mmmmm delicious

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by the mind gap:
well let's talk about something else then.

how about henri pirenne's assertion that the holy roman emperor charlemagne and the carolingian dynasty would never have come about had it not been for the existance of mohammed and the unexpected rapid expansion of islam in the 7th century.

Right. Point taken.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I bumped some serious (and some not so serious) threads from last august. So we can discuss other subjects. Some of them seem to have fallen off the page though.

Meh