IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:

Just a quick post to erg everyone to have an equally quick spin with their Christmas tree lights before you put them up. It is the most fun I’ve had out of the stupidity of Christmas in at least a year.
The photographic results aren’t to bad either as can be seen in this pic i took earlier . If anyone has any of those lights that change colour i would love to see a pic please smile

Have a good time in the name of Jesus (or Santa whatever floats your boat).

By the way if your trees up already take the light off specially biggrin

fire leads to creation

YexBRONZE Member
97 posts

Posted:
haha, i'd like to try but i've got no christmas lights. frown

"Not all who wander are lost. "

J.R.R. Tolkien

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ahahha that looks great...!I want to give it a go with the sparkly fairy lights that I have now, maybe I shall get arsn to set it all up tonight,

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I'll be doing something similar tonight. We have several packets of fairy lights (multiple colours) on out the front on our house so i'm going to firetwirl with them in the background and attempt to get good photos!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
yay i want to see, i want to see biggrin

fire leads to creation

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Thats one way of checking if all the bulbs are working!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
holy schmoly that's really cool!! when i suggested that in some other thread to do with poi spinning and christmas, i didn't actually know that it'd work! woo! *suddenly walloped from the side with inspiration as to how to entertain oneself in work from now on... we have christmas lights for sale biggrin *

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Who had a vid of that back in the day? Pozee? Back in the dizzay... Was it CoL1?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

dj_retromember
87 posts

Posted:
haha remember that vid...i think they were using the battery powered portable ones. my brother used to have some of those that he used in marching band...might have to go buy some and make a new vid for everyone...unless someone can find the old one.

<( ' ' )>
Fear the Kirby

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Well that bursts my bubble of orginality frown but i can still take comfort in the fact that it was an idea uninspired by ay another smile

fire leads to creation

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
i made some poim out of christmas tree lights from the pound shop they wher led lights so no breaking of bulbs and i could run them of batterys in my hands

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=1

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

EDITED_BY: Mint Sauce (1103062160)

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
oops sorry iv done the whole strech the post thing

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
Mint sauce just 3 quick questions:
1. How much would such as pair of LED christmas lights set me back?

2. What voltage battery would be needed + how many?

3.Did you put a wieght on the end and if so what was it?

Questionair finished, answers to the front of the thread on my desk.

fire leads to creation

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
gor them from pound stretcher cost £2 ant they wher battry powerd allready 2 C bats in each i just did some modiforcationd to doublem them up to right lenght no ectra weight needed the lights where enough

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
How chunky are the lights? mite be worth wrapping up a devil stick parcel string stylee if the lights sren't too obtrusive. I really want an areotech devil stick butmy poorness and debt wont allow the price tag

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?