jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
Hmmz this'll probably sound totally pigheaded to everyone else but ive got to somehow vent my irritation... Me and my younger cousin holly have always had a bit of competition going (altho i'm not she's aware of this hehe) Ever since we were ickle she's managed to do everything i can do plus more, and just that little bit better... atleast in the eyes of my doting grandparents anyway (i can already hear the grinding teeth of other people who have smilarly annoying relatives) Although i'm 19 and meant to be a sensible grown up... i still occasionally find these things getting to me. Now i ain't one of those people whos amazingly talented at alot of things in fact i could probably count them on one hand (scratching my boyfriends head, being clumsy, getting drunk very quickly, making birthday cards etc) But Poi was my little niche and i KNOW she can't do that (woohoo!!) only now i find that Hollys new hippy boyfriend is in fact v good at it and even did a fire show for my grandparents apparently!!! aaaaaaaaaargh... hmmz maybe i'm just a bit mental and shallow ah well i'll calm down soon i hope.... Atleast i got into glastonbury whilst they had to camp outsidet he gates all weekend hehehe /me wanders off giggling evily...

jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
Oh and he probably uses this board aswell so if ur hollys boyfriend /me waves, sorry i wasn't being mean just feeling inadequate sure ur a lovely bloke

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
im glad (but sorry for you) to say that i do not have this problem my brother is learning poi so far he can do the weave... really really fast. he is satisfied he has learned all he wants to hehehe. although i wish he'd stop breaking my practice poi by smashing them into his legs ... really really fast.

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Holly?? Ya I know Holly ohh about yeah high and she has that hair... J/K I dun know er but one thing I do know, when the B/F has a btb butterfly goin run up kick him in the nuts, I'd bet money Holly wouldnt be able to do that.... untill he dumps her or something

In all honesty the best thing for you to do is worry about you. Is your compitition with the B/F
or Holly, also try fire breathing, that aught to make your grandparents swallow their denchers!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
i agree with ray, dont try to out do others to much that leads to disappointment and also you wont develope your own style as well you will kinda take on someone elses style. i like to learn moves that the people i kick around with dont use. that way i bring a little of my own flavor to it.

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Trust me, 19 is no-where near grown up

I'm 27 and don't think I'll ever get there...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
I'm normally not at all competitive, i love learning new stuff with my mates and teaching them stuff if i can and visa versa... its just a family thing. It ain't even i'm jealous of the boyfriend its just a silly rivalry thing must be a throw back from neanderthal man or something...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Still just kick him, you'll feel better I promis!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I'm with Charles, you're never meant to be a sensible grown up!

I'd forget about the competition! It really doesn't matter! People are going to be 'better' than you at some things. But competition is so false and I'm sure you're specially lovely in lots of ways!

Long standing rivalries are hard to bury, but you really just have to shrug it off and not even think about them.

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
the best relations are those far off....or so i always thought and if that's not possible then in small doses please *gg*

Morgy who suffers from a multitude of aunties

Out to Wrong Rights and Depress the Opressed.

os1member
101 posts

Posted:
i'm in total agreement with charles and dom

i'm 33 and there is no way in the world i could be considered a sensible grown up

Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see Beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see Beauty never grows old.
--Frank Kafka

Love is a gift. You can't buy it, you can't find it, someone has to give it to you. Learn to be receptive of that gift