Page:
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200408/s1178955.htm

I especially like this bit;

Written by:

(IRT to his claim that the PM knew before the last election that his whole racist election campaign was based on a misrepresentation of evidence) Mr Scrafton says a lie detector test he took this week backs his claims.

"Categorically, the issue was I think decided by the polygraph that my account of events has been justified," Mr Scrafton said.

But Mr Howard says he does not need to undergo a similar test.

"I will submit myself to the great lie detector test in Australian politics and that is the collective judgment of my fellow Australians," he said.

So not only is he not prepared to take a lie detector on this, he is saying that somehow being elected again will prove he was truthful in the children overboard fiasco?

I think not.

and whats worse? This isnt his first election, its his THIRD! the Australian people have already elected the scumball twice! The first time on GST (and how wonderful has that turned out to be?!) and once on the children overboard/refugee issue (which now it turns out he knew was a lie) ARGH!

Anyone who now votes for Howard in the next election is either stupid or in the pocket of big business.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i dont remember it from then (too young!) but i remember it got brought up recently!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
im sure as hell not going to vote for him. but then, the alternatives arent all that rosy either. labour is sounding a lot better than liberal at the moment, but meh. maybe i'll run for office, and vote for myself smile

Nobody (that i know of) is being kept at woomera any more. not certain about this, but i think that they have all been shipped to baxter.

Woomera, by the way, is by no stretch of the imagination the desert. well, maybe compared to antarctica, or the brazilian rainforests, but it is seriously not that bad. hot, yes, but desert? try roxby downs, coober pedy or alice springs if you want desert. or pizza hut if you want dessert.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Can you believe that he called the election on only the most important weekend of the year!!!!!

ARGH!!!!

How dare you interrupt my Bathurst viewing with election rubbish!!!!

Not HAPPY!!!!!!

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
and now he is trying to politicize the russian hostage situation. makes me sick, he does.

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i liked how in the Age he mentioned countries that were members of the 'coalition of the willing' who were being targeted by terrorists...but then why were french people being executed? france werent part of the coalition...

here's a hint johnny, what law has their governmnt recently passed? idiot.

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Has anyone looked at the latest polling figures....looks like he is set to win yet another election....

I am going to have to go out and get rolling drunk if that happens...to comiserate the down fall of Australia!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
polls change so much its hard to predict.
closer to the election the coalition/labour preference polls always gets extremely close to even.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i want howard to win for one reason; it will make life a lot easier for my exams! ubblol
we are studying Australia's Foreign Policy, and if Latham comes in and changes it a month before the exam...I'M SCREWED!

thats all i have to say. i currently have a pretty one-track mind at the moment so don't mind me!

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
I really hope howard doesn't get in AGAIN! I think I will move to Denmark if that happens, he is ruining our country, and yes I am still holding a grudge about him going to War on Iraq. mad

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Denmark sounds nice. May I join you?

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Yep, lets all have a party there : )
... ah, but lets have a party in the SUMMER! biggrin
Denmark has insanely cold winters!

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
but you spin fire in winter, and it warms you up smile

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
or simply hug infront of an open fireplace!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
MiG- yes, but if you spin fire when there is too much ice on the ground you slip over!
and if the snow gets too heavy its not so nice! (have you ever seen a Danish winter?! not verry spin-able frown angelblue)

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
so whats the thoughts on lathams bid for the green vote with the tassie forests?

from an election strategy its a good approach although is a bit of a gamble - trying to appease greenies & union loggers similtaneously is no easy task.

but from a personal perspective? well - out of the lesser of two evils for the prime minister id prefer latham - so it seems to be a step in the right direction.
but one question - i cannot seem to find much about lathams approach on the REST of the environmental problems australia faces.... anyone?

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
wow. checking out the coverage over past few days. howards definitely not green when it comes to politics ubblol in both senses of the phrase!

that was a master stroke getting the loggers support. i still hope he loses terribly though.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Tomorrow is voting day....blech....haven't even found out where I am supposed to be submitting my vote.

Oh well...guess by Monday we will know who our new (or not so new) prime minister is.

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Tassie forests!!
I hope they are saved! I lived at the Tree-sit in the Styx valley for a while with The wilderness society, it is so unbelievably beautiful...
sttuuuuuupid Howard!... does he not understand that old growth forests are just NOT replaceable!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Well just put my vote in...I hope this time we get a decent prime minister though I think somehow they all are bad in their own ways.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
one word describes yesterday....

bugger.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
How the coalition could get back in after 3 terms of screwing Oz over, and then a political campaign like that is beyond me.

Im ashamed to be Australian.

There was no excuse this time. People knew what he was like and voted him in anyhow.

History will show what a bad decision it was, and I hope those people that voted Liberal / Family First / One Nation will come to understand what an error they made.

I'm done with thinking/talking about Politics.

Josh

--

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I was so discusted with the voting public I went out, got totally trashed then screwed up my back by falling down some stairs.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
All I can say is it’s tremendously disappointing to see that the extreme right wing, Assembly of God backed, Family First Party has the balance of power in the Senate.

IMO there is no room in religious fanatics in politics. Remembering the DLP, which was sometimes referred to as the catholic party, was indeed a Labour party.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
So are we moving to Denmark?

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:

when???

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
nah either NZ or Canada, probly July next year smile

Josh

--

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Yep, *packs bags to leave oz*

stupid voting public! mad

not AGAIN!!! argh! there are not words to describe my frustration!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
There are words to describe mine but they are none to pleasant and I am sure they would be censored on here!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
scream them into a paper bag.
tie it up.
write the address of parliament house on it and sent your words to john howard himself.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
sad LOL. costello announced the other day (just 5 days after the election) that he thought that their economic forecast had been a little bit optimistic, and that some of their promises and pledges might have to be withdrawn / cutback. 5 DAYS AFTER THE ELECTION?!?!?!?!

I guess this thread will be getting a workout in the coming months.

sad but true.

Interesting to note that the US has now said that ANY change to the Free Trade Agreement means that it will be cancelled (and it obviously wont be cancelled). ie, we will be paying three times as much for Pharmaceuticals. Stupid old ppl! Latham offers them PBS *and* free health care, and they vote for Howard who is going to triple their medication expenses...

Josh

--

Page: