Forums > Help! > Anyone here tried Neonhusky's stuff?

Login/Join to Participate

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
Has anyone here tried Neon Husky's streetlights, either on their own or along with the clear plastic staffs they offer?

I was thinking that the streetlights with plastic deflectors might be an economical alternative to similar LED-based glowsticks, becuase you can change the batteries in streetlights. That and several matching streetlights stuck into a short staff might make for a pretty cool lightsaber:) biggrin

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Tower Cranes, for you are soft and would look better when squashed by a full concrete bucket"

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I have tried the street lights in and out of the staff. They seem kind of fragile (in both cases) but work amazingly well for the cost. I dont suggest getting them if youre just learning and like to smack things alot but if youre fairly seasoned and confident that you wont put them through too much torture, I think they're a great set of LED sticks.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
I use them as poi, with home-made deflectors and have had mine for over a year now... one or two cracks in them, but apart from that, no problems! biggrin

If you're going to make some poi out of them, I'd say don't buy their deflectors... they're expensive! Go to an aquarium store. One of the standard aquarium tube sizes (I forget which) is the perfect fit (squeeeeeze it on. They'll still crack if you hit them hard enough, but will hold together and still work! smile). They'll cut off the size you want. Much cheaper. Don't use them withoput deflectors though.... they SHATTER.

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I got a neon husky staff and can't really recommend it. It was slightly bent when I got it. (but leaving it in warm conditions or in the sun will cause them to bend - ask blackass) It rattles a lot, both horizontally and vertically. (the streetlights don't quite fit properly.) the static problem is well annoying, when you light them all up, put them in the staff then one turns itself off... Getting them out you have to be careful, as they break very easily... Plus dropping the stick won't harm the stick but will pagger the streetlights inside. Also, never use around sand or anything that could get stuck in the threads of the screw on ends. You will never get it out. You will also need a grip.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
I was on their website after posting here, and that's when I saw the glowballs- they seem to be kinder, gentler versions of beaming poi- softer, so they don't hurt when you hit yourself.
Has anyone tried these, because I want a set now:)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Tower Cranes, for you are soft and would look better when squashed by a full concrete bucket"

roismember
4 posts

Posted:
I have two sets of the glowballs - they're wonderful, but if smack them around too much, the LED can come unglued from the hole in the ball and you'll need a set of needlenose plyers to get it back to where it belongs.

It's minor and supposedly is being addressed, but is worth noting.

Other than that, I *love* mine. They're about the same weight as tennis balls, are fine for just practicing, and don't sting anywhere near as much as streetlights or glowsticks when you whack yourself with them.

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the feedback..
I've been asked to perform at my local witches masquerade this october, after a glowstick poi performance I gave at my local Pagan gathering. Now that I have some good feedback on the glowballs, I'm going to try and order a set or two well before my performance. Just one question remains- what colours to get?
They pretty much all look awesome:)