Forums > Social Discussion > i saw my ex again last night...

Login/Join to Participate

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
ok, months and months ago, i split up from my boyf, i thought it was a good decision etc (o course), but ive been thinking a lot about him recently, but more recently i thought i'd got a grip.
appar not..
well, im very good friends with his best mate (also complicated) and we all met up last night. we sat down and Chilled out etc, and the whole time i was just thinking how much i regretted what i did, although it was months ago.
i was gonna bike after him when we all left and do the whole "i'm sorry i was wrong please forgive me" stuff, but fortunetly didnt find him. Then i was gonna text him or ring him, but, again fortunetly, his phone is screwed..
now he's going abroad for a month to his house.
he's going to my college in sept, but, basically, I Don't Know What To Do. has anyone got advice or an experience that could help? its just all silly and pathetic and... frown
sunny

in state of metamorphosis

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
im terrible with giving advice about ex boyfriends (the relationship i have with mine is pretty bad at times), but i think you should follow your heart. dont worry that it was months ago that you broke up with your ex, your heart feels what your heart feels and you can't feel ashamed of that. if you still have feelings for them, there's only 2 ways they are going to go away - one is the slow (and usually painful) passage of time. the other is to give it a go and try it again. at least then you can say you tried.
if you love someone, let them loose, if they come back they were yours, if they dont, then it was never meant to be...

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

505 posts

Posted:
thats good gritty advice. true. sad. yeh...

KatchGOLD Member
Beach bum
162 posts

Posted:
Give it a shot. It's better to know, that to keep hoping/ dreaming and waiting...such uncertainty is agonizing. You'll have to be prepared that he may not want to get back together. At least then you'll be sure... and perhaps start to gather the courage to forge ahead smile

hug we'll be here if you need support hug

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-Franklin P. Jones

Phellanmember
74 posts

Posted:
I'd say it depends more on *why* you split with him the first place. . . because as it is sometimes what was a very good reason to split w/ someone at the time sorta seems less important (especially considering how good the rest of the relatioinship may have been). . .however that reason may still be valid and unless you're willing to make comprimises (or is it even something you should comprimise about?) it probably won't work again.

Think about why you broke up with them in the first place and remember why you did it. Is it something you are likely to face again or what? Cause if it is and you can't deal with it. . .it's gonna be fairly short lived. And don't give yourself the short end of the stick either. . . .

Thats my advice. . .

505 posts

Posted:
thanks xxx

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
*agrees with Phellan*

I love my ex to bits. I'd give anything for us to be back together, but ultimately, i know that it would only end in more heartache for us both.

I'd give it the month he's away, and see how/if things change for you. I'd also say see more of him socially, and see how things change. It has taken me around 5 months of seeing my ex before my heart doesn't immediately (mentally) jump to "let's try again"

Good luck whatever you decide smile

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

yannicusGOLD Member
169 posts

Posted:
with an ex your on familiar ground, so its safer. also an ex knows you better, so its safer.

personally, an ex stays an ex in my book, because my split ups have always been cold and conclusive, but you shouldn't be afraid of bringing up raw emotions with an ex, because they were once shared emotions. there is no stronger bond, and that doesn't break easily.

go for the kill, if you fail, there is a world out there... big big hunting ground. nothing mends a broken heart better than a good old fashioned shag.

(but i'm a guy, so this might not apply. but if your really single and alone, come to paris, its got nice...architecture)

-Believing that all has been said and done is like mistaking the horizon for the limits of the world. Voltaire.
-Plus je connais hommes, plus j'aime mon chien. Pascal.

505 posts

Posted:
i'll bare that in mind, cheers yannicus

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
ubblol at Yanni wink

Do you miss him personally or do you miss being with somebody and the attention you get?
I had to ask myself that with my x, I thought I missed him but I realised I didn't I missed the attention from him (no I'm not any more of an attention seeker than anyone else, it's just a different kind of attention that makes me feel better in myself) and I put that sense of loss onto him because I knew he was a safe bet to get attention from because of the way we broke up... make sense? yeah wink ... I'm sure

Come for a girly piss up in neighbouring village gamlingay lol (it's about 25 mins to get here from cambridge, just you need a car lol)

The offer's there if you want a night out smile And it looks like you have an offer awaiting uptake in Paris aswell wink

Take care of yourself griffin, it is not silly or pathetic you monkey smile
Mary
xx

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

505 posts

Posted:
biggrin its v funny cos im not that old (past wetting the bed mind...)
ubblol rolleyes
but guys you rock!
i see what you mean, GLI, its beautiful having someone
but i have a month, then hitting nail on head etc.
and you never know prospective is being bared in mind
sunny
thankyou, you're reassuring

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I may even be younger than you but hey! I'm 18 in 24 days and counting biggrin

where abouts in cambs are you?? (just wondering)

505 posts

Posted:
sorry, beat ya! im 16. (starting college in sept)
i live near town, off mill road (my friends call it freak street, but it blatently isn't..we just have a drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre here)
anyhoo, come on tues (hey, tomoro), i dunno if it'll be big, but it'll be beautiful

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Can't make it tomorrow lol, I have a stinky cold and I have to work my notice at sainsbury's for the next 3 weeks.
I thought cause it said cambs that you just meant some lonely village in cambridgeshire like where I live!!! Anyway best go cause I have to meet some lonely friends in the lonely village and see if the lonely guy I like comes out to play in my lonely friends house of pissed up lonely people!!! Not that I get pissed up on a work night!!! no!!! I have to sleep to get rid of my cold!!! Take care and I'll try to make it to a meet up soon... which college are you going to??
xx

505 posts

Posted:
lol
im going to hills road. everyone i tlk to about it, who are/have/or know people who go all kinda sigh, and convince me to go to long...
ahhh well
and fresh tomato juice or lucazade tomoro morning
have fun hun!

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I don't think i know where that is.... infact im pretty sure i don't lol
I went to an "underdog" school and my current employer said in my interview that he doesn't rate my old school as a school... what the hell is it then you penis??? is it a spaceship??? it sure as hell aint MI6 headquarters!!!
What do say back to that in an interview? Penis head... Oh well, they gave me the job 3hrs after the interview anyway biggrin
Take care

pass_the_pigjourneyman
60 posts

Posted:
Love isn't about worrying about consequences, its about living in the now.

I took my harp ta party, but no body asked me to play, so I took harp home again

Skippynewbie
38 posts

Posted:
RRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOO

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
hahahahahah "Penis head" hahaha xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ms.vixen, are you mocking peni-ly misplaced people? umm how un-pc... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
lol.. pc.. since when has duballstar been pc?

passing through, this world still lives.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
since pc stood for 'perfectly charming'. smile or was that 'proper clown'? umm i can't remember... wink

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett