Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
lo all back from gone wink

yeah the wick shared buying sounds like an idea.. i still havent arranged anything for my staff which i still need to do...put me down for 2 metres.

19th amsterdam smile

for before that date, who else is interested... i seem to remember foxy saying something about another party in the catacomben. it might be on here i cant remember... ill look it up someplace. its a while ago though so maybe it is already been frown..

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
The 11th is fine with me. Telpava Isil's idea sounds cool. But I have to get up early the 12th, that's why I rather would have a meeting the 10th :-) Because that weekend I'm all set. Thenext monday, tueseday, wensday, and fryday I'm al set too, and then its the 19 th :-) So I cab nake it the 11th, but not too late.

Thomas

Ignus - Smoldering CorpseBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
Count me in on getting some wide wick! There's going to come a time when I need to replace it, and you can only get 5cm wick around here for some reason.

'fraid I can't come 10th, 11th or 19th. Maybe next time, then.

No, I didn't mess up, I intended to catch fire.

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Well I see what I can do. But I think I can make it the eleventh.
That would be cool.
I'll see you guys then.

Is the eleventh on the spuiplein?
And what time?

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

NoortjeBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
19th goa in the Hague!!! Let's meet there!

11th? Where?

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
The 19th is a meet in the Vondelpark.
The 11th is the Goa.

If I understood Telp correctly

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
hey, about the wick:

you can't get into the deal for only a meter or two, that way we will never get enough people.
if you're in, youre in for 1/8 th of it, about 30 euros worth....

as far as I know it's telpeva, ignus and me now, so we need 5 more.

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
wick -> pOp 4 meter??, Telpeva 4meter cool, Ignus 2meter?? [btw; welcome Axel!] & Mickey 2meter... -> that would be 12 meter, so 18 meter to go... I'll ask Marc if he's interested... And Stickman?!?! You around dude?

And about the party: you're all partially correct...
There is a party the 19th in the catacomben, and vondelpark thomasfire birthday as well...
And the 11th is there a goa party, but one in Nighttown Rotterdam, 6 Euro, one in Amsterdam in the hotel centrum; 3 euro... See www.goatrance.net, I think nighttown looks better smile

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

580 posts

Posted:
yea man, im still alive..

just havent checked or posted for a while..

so, to catch up then:
i would love to pitch in 30 euros for some kevlar, cuz i cant be arsed to go to amsterdam just for kevlar.
hmmm... a party in amsterdam sounds nice, never been to one there, so if nobody objects, i propose the 11th we go to amsterdam (yes, and the week after for thomasfire's burfday.)
im free (if its a weekend, which i think it is) both nights, so count me in... ill have to start checking this thread more often to actually figure out times and all that jazz.

peace,

Stickman

169 posts

Posted:
So I suppose everyone agrees to a meet the 11th? Amsterdam is fine with me. I guess it's the Vondelpark then again right?! And since it's the first meeting I'm coming to, what time do you guys usually meet?>

Thomas

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Well I would like it in Rotterdam. *smirk*

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
ah well nothing wrong with some extra wick so if we are only a few metres short ill take that on top of the 2 i already said.. like telp said just add all the small bits together and well reach the 30 metres with all the people we have together right now smile

so we get choice on where to go smile.
i suggest vondelpatk the 19 since there is going to be only one birthday party per person per year...
and it looks like the 11th amsterdam as well?

c u all next week.

(it works)

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
time time..

err around 6 / 7??? at the station?

(it works)

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Ok, I missed something...when did the meeting move from The Hague to Amsterdam on the 11th??
Let's put this straight: there was supposed to be a meeting in the Vondelpark on the 19th because of Thomas' birthday. But om the 19th there's also a GOA party in The Hague in the Catacomb. So when we started talking about a meet on the 11th in The Hague, it suddenly moved to Amsterdam as well.. are we going to meet in The Hague on the 19th then?? For the GOA party and Thomas' birthday??

So: Amsterdam 11th??
The Hague/GOA party/Thomas' birthday 19th??

Kim@nl weavesmiley

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
the amsterdam juggle store has a new batch of contact juggling balls (acrylics? CJ's?).
anyway, the price went down a lot for the 3 bigger sizes:
2 1/2" - 15,00
2 3/4" - 25,00
3" - 35,00

just thought you wanted to know

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Hi all

Please put me down for 4 meters of kevlar 10 cm wide.

I personally would love to go to a goa party after some juggling.

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Written by: Parliament Of Peace

the amsterdam juggle store has a new batch of contact juggling balls (acrylics? CJ's?).
anyway, the price went down a lot for the 3 bigger sizes:
2 1/2" - 15,00
2 3/4" - 25,00
3" - 35,00

just thought you wanted to know

That's cheap, 3" is about 7,5 to 8 cm.
Come to think about it. That's a pretty normal price here. So it's not that cheap.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
So the 11th in amsterdam?
6 at the station sounds good.
Lets hope it was warmer than last time biggrin
I can lend a decent digi camera so we can make some nice footage.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

169 posts

Posted:
Written by: Kim@nl

Ok, I missed something...when did the meeting move from The Hague to Amsterdam on the 11th??
Let's put this straight: there was supposed to be a meeting in the Vondelpark on the 19th because of Thomas' birthday. But om the 19th there's also a GOA party in The Hague in the Catacomb. So when we started talking about a meet on the 11th in The Hague, it suddenly moved to Amsterdam as well.. are we going to meet in The Hague on the 19th then?? For the GOA party and Thomas' birthday??

So: Amsterdam 11th??
The Hague/GOA party/Thomas' birthday 19th??

Kim@nl weavesmiley

Eeerr. My party is going to be in the Vondelpark. You can do whatever you want of course. If you object meeting in the smae city twice, I' fine with The hague. Since I proposed going to The Hague or Haarlem in the same post I proposed a meeting on the 10th (turned into the 11th)
beerchug
I'm just tryin' to find out what everybody likes best :-)

Th smile mas

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Yeah,
If the meet on the 11th is in the Hague I can come to perhaps.
As it is going now, I can't go to either meet.

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
well since there is a goa on the 11th...

it doesnt mean it has to be in amsterdam... but it might be nice...

ill go wherever as long as i get to burn off some more of my hair:D... it seems to be my best trick tongue though i havent performed it for a while smile

mike

(it works)

Ignus - Smoldering CorpseBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
'Bout the wick. I get the feeling the lenth is still somewhat unclear. Now, I could be mistaken, but I seem to read that pOp wanted to devide the thing into 8 pieces (about 4m each) and distribute those, so why anyone 'd think I only wanted 2m beats me. Anyway, I'm planning on making more staffs, and maybe experiment on making more exotic toys, in the not too distant future, so I wouldn't mind pitching in for two of those pieces either.

And, Michiel, it's not like you don't have plenty of hair to spare anyway, so maybe you should try triple-poiing with it:p

No, I didn't mess up, I intended to catch fire.

580 posts

Posted:
just like ignus, im still in for some kevlar, but two meters is enough for me.. gotta save some cash.

so, ill see you all on the 11th right? no matter where it is. if its in amsterdam, its too bad fuero and kim (who i still havent met) cant come. i dont really care where we go, so ill leave it up to those who actually post here regularly (whats happened to me?)

cheers, F

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
well if he definitively want to divide it in peices of 4 meters how abouts i go halves with stickman? everyone happy that way...

yeah burning of some (read lots) hair will make my parents happy wink

(it works)

169 posts

Posted:
Well, since everyone is putting fingers on someone else to choose, let's het this straigh, and go to The Hague. Amsterdam the week after that, the 19th that is :-)

Agreed everybody?

Thomas

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Okay den haag it is.
6 at the station?

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
Hi people !

i won't be there, got a party long time scheduled and i told the girls i'll come. I'm sure you'll understand. I think i'll do some fire there though !

salut !

Olivier

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Okay, 6 at Central Station The Hague!! I'll be there! I'll ask the rest of the the Hague crew as well!
Are you able to make it then Fuero?

And if there are people in for a party, there is a
"upbeat-electro-dance-funk party from Engeland" in Het Paard van Troje, or Silly's is nice... Both an entrance of 10 to 12 Euro though...

And the Kevlar, if everybody would take 4 meter, than we would need 1 or 2 more persons and we're all set!

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

169 posts

Posted:
The Hague, six '0 clock at the CS.
A "upbeat-electro-dance-funk party from Engeland" sounds cool, but the entrace is a bit expensive, well, I'll see what I'll do when I get there.

See ya all friday!

Thomas

580 posts

Posted:
hey guys!

so the hague it is.. great! nothing against amsterdam, but variation is good..

hey wasnt there a goa party in catacomben on the 11th? im with thomasfire.. the "upbeat-electro-dance-funk party from England" sounds like a plan stan, but the cash..... its too much just for entrance. now if it was including beer, that would be fine :P

either way, ill see y'all friday

Page: ......