Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Helllooooo, and here's a next date: Cody (AngeDeLumiere on HoP) will be visiting Amsterdam on March 12th-14th and would like to meet up for some inspineration. Exact date to be announced. C'mon, you know you all want to come!

I'm pretty sure Mot is working this Thursday, but maybe I'll come and say hello... it kind of depends on thesis progress this week smile

wave

Neph

everyone's unique except me

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Some future juggling dates

Written by: Nephtys

Helllooooo, and here's a next date: Cody (AngeDeLumiere on HoP) will be visiting Amsterdam on March 12th-14th and would like to meet up for some inspineration. Exact date to be announced. C'mon, you know you all want to come!

Written by: marco.cj

The dutch juggling championship and Zaanse jugglingday are going to be held at 1 and 2nd of april. https://jongleren.info/

And speaking of visiting foreigners: Vanize & his lady will be visiting from the 4th-7th of April so I imagine he'll be expecting a meet - jot it down in your diaries everyone! (yes Telp, another excuse to use your palm pilot thingie! smile)

Also the Dutch Juggling Festival has since recently got a website up: https://www.jongleerfestival.nl/
The date of that fest is 25 t/m 28 may

Also for those that were able to enjoy the MWJ@R-meeting (despite the cold) there are idea's bubbling around to make a juggle camp at landjuweel (voor info about the landjuweel fest see www.ruigoord.nl and click op landjuweel linkje. Let Op de datum die daar nu vermeld is is niet correct) De correcte datum is 10 t/m 13 augustus.

marco
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1140590631)

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Ange_GSCGOLD Member
HOP's glowstick ambassador!!
128 posts

Posted:
Ok, I know Ill be there from March 12-14 in Amsterdam, but I dont know which day would be the best, Im going to have to do some research to find out. I'll let you all know as soon as I find out ok?

missegyptology: "I just remember beingall off balance and unicycling really fast down to campus and the arabic was all blurred on the page"

^When Linz pulls an all nighter before Arabic class^

835 posts

Posted:
Ok Cody, keep us posted.

Yay Marco bounce for digging up all the dates!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
about tomorrow:
there's no time afgesproken that we are going to gather exactly.
but around eight o'clock there should be plenty of peepz at the Picasso Statue (the white/grey fish-like-thingie)!!

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

835 posts

Posted:
the official term is "fish-rabbit" I believe ubblol

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
I wish you all a blast...I was plannin' to come by and shoot some footage, but as I'm ill, that plan is now outta the question.

Anyway...you guys have fun

Thomas

835 posts

Posted:
awwww, get well soon Thomas! hug

835 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,
I'm going to be a good girl and stay home and study, but we have a friend from Mexico staying with us and he's in Amsterdam today and might come and have a look. His name is Carlos. Be nice! biggrin

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
everybody who's coming will be in the Vondelpark at 20:00.
So the meet is from then off

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
Marco.cj> juggle camp at landjuweel

Nice idea. I will join.

> correcte datum is 10 t/m 13 augustus.

Very good: it is not conflicting with Castlefest and EJC!

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
hey peepz!

havent been here for some time...
but now the spring is coming back, along with a lot of spinning/spittin' tickles!!! biggrin:D:D:D

landjuweel sounds good! it's at ruigoord right?
kewl... biggrin

well, I'll keep on postin'!
cya!

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
yep landjuweel is at ruigoord,.. they really want me to make a juggle camp there. And i've kinda been holding it off a little (ofcouse I do want to accomodate them, afterall they really helped us out giving us the nice shed for MWJ@R). I like the idea but I was hoping to see if i can judge the animo for it better after the dutch juggling festival.
I am btw talking to the dutch juggling fest organisers to bring my nomaden-tent to the festival as a lounge spot. So if people like that,.. then they'll probably also going to like landjuweel.

marco

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Good work Marco. Im looking forward to a bit warmer version of the MWJ ^_^

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Ange_GSCGOLD Member
128 posts

Posted:
Ok, Im going to have to make some calls tonight to find out which day would be best for me, I'll post my answer later tonight ok?

missegyptology: "I just remember beingall off balance and unicycling really fast down to campus and the arabic was all blurred on the page"

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Some future juggling dates [updated]

The dutch juggling championship and Zaanse jugglingday are going to be held at 1 and 2nd of april. https://jongleren.info/

And speaking of visiting foreigners: Vanize & his lady will be visiting from the 4th-7th of April so I imagine he'll be expecting a meet - jot it down in your diaries everyone! (yes Telp, another excuse to use your palm pilot thingie! smile)

Just discovered the delftse jongleerdag: https://www.xs4all.nl/~vierh00g/viv/DJD06.htm

9th of april (sunday from 10.00AM to 10.00PM)

Also the Dutch Juggling Festival has since recently got a website up: https://www.jongleerfestival.nl/
The date of that fest is 25 t/m 28 may

The European Juggling Convention Ireland 2006 9-15 Juli

Also for those that were able to enjoy the MWJ@R-meeting (despite the cold) there are idea's bubbling around to make a juggle camp at landjuweel (voor info about the landjuweel fest see www.ruigoord.nl and click op landjuweel linkje. date: 10 to(inclusive) 13 augustus.

marco

Ps. what happened to Cody (AngeDuLumiere). His visiting dates are over but we all completely forgot about it? or was there a meet in his honor?
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1142493926)

835 posts

Posted:
Cody was going to let us know which date was good for a meet for him. I pm'ed him on Sunday to ask about it but haven't heard back...

Vanize & Liz are still coming though, they pm'ed recently

Did you get to the station & work on time Marco? We completely slept through you leaving, didn't hear a thing! smile

Ange_GSCGOLD Member
128 posts

Posted:
Ok, bad news

my trip to amsterdam has been cancelled, my dad said theres no point in me coming with him because he's going to be out on a yacht with all his business colleagues and its forbidden to me, so if I went I would be completely alone and he doesnt want that.
I'm still trying to persuade him to bring me along anyway so I can meet all you guys, but I dont think its going to happen.
I'll have a few other chances to make trips to Amsterdam before I go back to california, I'll keep you all posted if I'll be able to make it for real.

Sorry I cant make it , but thank you all for inviting me!

169 posts

Posted:
lalalaaa...just 5 more days till spring :-)
Ah! It better get warm soon!

Thomas

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Oh yes Nephties,.. all went well,..the bus just pulled in when i walked up to the busstop,.. and the ns were good guys that morning with no delays. Thank you for having me over (hug).

Next time party at my place? If you want you can use this computer for your thesis work while tom and I are playing with our bal.s,.. uhmm juggling props.

marco

835 posts

Posted:
Awwww that's a shame Cody! You'd think your father would have a little more faith in your survival skills since you've been living in France all this time! Did you tell him we don't bite?

Thomas, I think someone should probably tell the weather it's supposed to be spring!

and Marco, sounds good!

169 posts

Posted:
Tell the weather it's Spring? I'm totally fine with the weather right now acually (though a bit warmer woudn't hurt anybody). My twrl-season has begone again!

Lalalaaa, I predict a lovely spring!

Tomasso

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
Nephtys-- my hostfamily unfortunately has the same sort of problem... Though I doubt they'd let me go alone to France, I still need to be accompanied if I ever do get off my lazy bum to come meet you yahoos.
Third time's the charm? I'm up for a spin now that the sun is warm and the grass is green, and though I'm wicked busy until I leave again for Canada, I'll be sure to meet up at SOME POINT.
I have to...

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Hey there y'all!

The name is Bram van Overbeeke, me and my brother have been twirling since 2001 or 2002 I think. I currently live in Bussum, but I might be moving to Leiden soon. Mike introduced me to firetwirling after he found out I did some firebreathing. He and I ran firetwirlers.com for a while until my host died and the domain got hijacked (BASTARDS! RAAARGH! mad2).

Anyways, since spring is comming (YAY!) and I'm trying to teach myself some firesword I decided I should look up some new folks smile

I'll also be going to Burningman this year, something I'm highly anticipating biggrin

Regards,

Bram / Atar
EDITED_BY: Atar (1143139434)

High on Life!

dossie111Member
13 posts

Posted:
Summer!

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
ditto Hence, a kick biggrin

High on Life!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Summer! Fireswords! *sounds like music to me*

Let's meet Atar! I might be going North and hit cHollandjes this summer! IF you can stand a "muff" in your circle I'd be happy to participate! smile wink

PS: 37000 views? umm
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1143392689)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Where are you comming from FireTom? Didn't you notice? a 90 pages thread :P

High on Life!

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Yeah i like to meet you Atar,.. i'll be a virgin Burner this year too. Have you made your traveling plans already?

marco

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
who's up for a meet this Sunday?

Wheater will probably be nice, so...
howsabout 14:00 in utrecht? Utrecht Cenraal of Lepelenburg park.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Page: ......