Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
This is awesome! Though I have to work, I'll start working on info about having permission and all. I also feel the need to make signs who make clear we're there for Pakistan and India!

So I get back at ya, and see y'all tomorra, 19:pm juggle

Juggledehuggle!

Thomas

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Brilliant peeps!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement Tzabi, but I get really crap with poi the moment they're on fire because I get nervous, so I'm truly happier on the sidelines for this one! smile I'm glad we'll get to meet you tomorrow, before you leave!

And yep, Thomas, that is the idea of the signs - and for Afghanistan, and maybe we should add Kashmir seperately a well.... but those are details, we can talk about it tomorrow and in this thread. I'll pm you my phone number, would you give me a call so we can coordinate the permission-getting? We don't want to annoy whoever's in charge by having eight people call them with the same question biggrin

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
If Telp's coming that friday then The Warrioirs can do they're ittle firebreathing show-off show.

Howsaboutit Telp? You wanna get the chairs out one more time?

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

835 posts

Posted:
Mehhhhhhh frown well, it's not going to happen via the normal procedures anyway frown You have to get a permit to collect money for a cause, and you can't get that without a CBF-quality seal and chamber of commerce registration etc. This is understandable of course, anyone can say they're collecting money for a good cause....

Thomas is going to contact some wethouders etc., our last hope is that they can get something done....

keep your fingers crossed everybody!!

hug

Neph

169 posts

Posted:
Well, I've send a request, I let y'all know the awnser as soon as I get a reply. Usally I get a repley within 24 hours, but acoording to the City Hall it can take up to 5 working days! (what's new by the way) Anyway, let's hope for a quick repley!

And Neph, I've told 'em about the CBF-thing and though of a solution. First of all, we don't have permission to ask one on teh count we're not an organisation. So I've told em we don't have a problem if someone, or police, will supervice us, to make sure we don't keep the dough ourselfs...if they agree, I just hope they won't do it in a way they bother us or get burnt.

I guess the Amsterdam crew around here (which seems to be only me at the moment) knows it's vey difficult to get something done, but let;s hope the best y'all! I'll be back at ya!

Thomas

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Hey Neph, Stickman and Thomas! We are the only one who wants to meet up tomorrow. Actually I rather hook up with more people together, so i decided, I'm not coming tomorrow! See you guys next week in Ams' though!

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
friday the 4th,. good idea,. i'll be there from 18:00 till later! Don't know if I can perform something but I'll definately be there then to stand and gather the crowd.

marco

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

169 posts

Posted:
Yeah, so there goes my carefully plan blown to smithereens! tongue People, suppose the whole thing can't be done...Shall we meet up anyway, and just have a regular meet? I wanna spiiin (with more than just mysef)

Thomas

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
Hi everybody,

I'd like to come to Amsterdam next week and spin for Pakistan.

If we're not allowed to ask money for charity, what about teaming up with some kind of organization that DOES have a CBF-thing?

Aren't there peole walking around with collection boxes to collect money for the victims?

We'd just need one of them to stand there and collect the money.

Nephtys: I'm going to send an email to Novib, and ask them for suggestions.

I'll send a copy to your university email adress, I hope you're still using it?

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
The Spinning for Pakistan thing sounds absolutely amazing, count me in!

A few other exchange students might be interested too... Maybe just for an excuse to hang out in Amsterdam and whatnot but I think I could round up some money from them.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

169 posts

Posted:
I really like your idea Carobanas! Though I doubt if It'll work (as long as we're not volunteers from Novib, and we don't lie do we?) we're not officially certificated, and we'll still need permission to play, or a permit. But hey, it's worth a shot right?

Nove, you to are welcome of course :-)

Neph: you're really full of good idea's :-) Never though so many would gather up and going through any kind of trouble to do good angel

I guess we really are some kind of hippies, and I like that. It does make you feel warm from the inside to do soem good right?

Peace,

Thomas

835 posts

Posted:
Yep, great idea Caro!! And yes, I still use that address, so I'll keep a close eye on it. I'll pm you a draft letter to a gemeenteraads member I wrote, and maybe Thomas can send you his wethouder-mail - we've been emphasising how responsible we'll be about it etc., you might be able to use some bits for your novib-letter.

Other ideas:

- keep hoping for a friendly wethouder

- try with gemeente Utrecht, they might be more hippie-sensitive smile I'll call them first thing tomorrow

- go straight to the Amsterdam police, explain the situation, and ask them to please please please ignore the fact that we don't have a permit and are breaking a few rules (you're not supposed to perform with more than 6 people or use percussion instruments or stay in one place for longer than half an hour) for just this once - and if a Novib-collector would do the actual money-gathering we'd have a stronger point there

- if all else fails, we could just go and do it anyway - see how much we can raise before they make us leave smile

Thomas, I can't take credit for this, the Irish crowd came up with the idea for the Tsunami at the beginning of year, I though what they did was amazing!

hug

Neph

TzabiBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Hey All,

I wish you guys reconsider the group meeting this friday evening...

I guess its a bit late for that though..

I am sorry i didnt have the chance to meet with the holland crew.

i was about to make the trip to utrecht unless you guys say the location and the fact that you are going to meet there this friday night, i probably wont go.

if the weather is going to stay as beautiful as it was today i might take my practice gear and find a park or go down to the beach to practice.

If any of you want to join me you are more than welcome and if not, well i need to practice anyway so i will be there smile
(havent decided where there is going to be but it will be fun for at least one person....)

my temporary mobile number is:
0628 558 234

Guy aka Tzabi
-----------------------------------------
''Our glory is not by refusing to fall but in GETTING UP after we do fall'

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
thats a shame tzabi.. im also pretty bummed that there is hardly anyone turning up tonight, but i guess the a'dam project is much more important..

speaking of which, neph, i think its a brilliant idea, whether u wanna take credit for it or not. count me in! ill see what i can do in terms of preparation (banner, drummers, perhaps ill bring my didge, but im not good enough to actually give a show or anything)

suggestions:
i dont think we need to include all the affected countries on the banner, it will only fill it up with too many words.. i think something like "jugglers for earthquake relief" will suffice, but well discuss technicalities as we go along. also, concerning banner, i think english is enough. when it comes to slogans and names of enterprises in holland i think the dutch prefer an english slogan, simply because its more "in" and catchy than a dutch one might be.. besides, everyone (almost) in holland speaks english, and it will make it an attraction for locals as well as tourists.

concerning money collection: im also up for the idea that if we dont get permission, we just do it until we get shooed off, or otherwise simply hold a regular meet in a'dam.

stick

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
I would say: try to get a permission ofcourse, but if there isn't a permission: Try to collect money anywayz untill we get warned or something...

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

169 posts

Posted:
I'm also in for the idea to just go alonh untill we're showed off. To give everyone a god impulse I got this nice little story (really happend)

One day, suddenly a tent had appeared on the Dam, because everyone thought it was okat and they had permission, he tent stayed there for over a week. In the tent lived students, like campers. Till one day, a journalist dedided to intervieuw these people. I turned out it was a art-project, to see how long they could live on the Dam without someone a thing to get the outta there. The Next day, the story was in the newspaper, and at once the people we're told to leave (by the police)

So, maybe if we just act like we've got all right to do what we do, we might just have some succes yet!

This is, iof we on't get the permission of course.

By the way..I also gotta admit, performing for an audiance is waaay out of my legue, I'm just not good enough (yet)

I'll make some banners though, and of course I'll be there to support :-)

Thomas

p.s. Still no awnser from the City Hall.... confused2 Oh well, patience...

TF

835 posts

Posted:
You guys rock! smile It's so cool how enthusiastic everyone is about this! And Thomas, from what i remember, I'm sure you'd be fine performing for a crowd!! Anyways, fire impresses pretty much whatever you do!

I've had a chat with the gemeente Utrecht, and this is the deal:

Usually it takes six weeks to get a permit for something like this, but there is one possible way around that: the lady I spoke to has a meeting with police & fire brigade etc. on tuesday, and if she has all the exact information of what we plan TODAY, she might be able to get us a permit.

The other option is keeping on the move: if we announce by e-mail beforehand what we plan to do, we're allowed to so long as we move every fifteen minutes - this is for the benefit of the people living there, so we don't annoy them too much with the noise....

However, I'm sure i've seen street musicians stay in one place for longer than that, so reckon it doesn't become an issue until someone complains smile

lemme know what you think, but do it quickly if we want to try and get the permit.... I'm not sure what would be better: Amsterdam with way more people, but without a permit so we might not be able to stay for very long, or Utrecht with a permit, but with far fewer people....

ooh, just though of something else:

get the permit for Thursday (koopavond) in utrecht and do it there then, and then do it without the permit in Amsterdam on Friday? In Amsterdam we can pitch a tent and they might let us stay biggrin

hug

Neph

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
Thursdays is a problem for me (as any other evening during a regular workweek), I can imagine more people that work won't want to stay up too late when they got to work the next day. So I think more people are able to show up and help on a fridayevening.

Less people maybe mean less audience, but it also means a better controlled environment for the police. In Amsterdam the police and rules are really anal, just becouse there are more people to recon with.

Utrecht without a permit will therefore be better then Amsterdam without a permit.

Utrecht with a permit ofcourse is the best preferable, but,..it'll have to be on koopavond, when possibly you'll have less performers.

I'd go for Amsterdam without a permit, but see if we can get an official party (redcross?) with sealed official donation boxes to go past the audience to collect. Becouse of the official collection boxes the police might well presume we have the correct permits?

marco

marco
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1130509125)

835 posts

Posted:
I only meant until 9 on Thursday, when the shops close... does that help?

169 posts

Posted:
I agree with Marco, of course it's an idea to do both, but as Marco pionted, I'm not gonna be there thursday, just bcause friday I'll have to work and all, and if I'll have to travel and all it's gonna be exhausting. So anyways, I'll be there friday. Tomoorow I'm gonna pay teh City Hall a visit, and try to work something out. Can someone check out the chairities in Utrecht? I'll check if there some in Amsterdam, but if someone can assist me in that (if got a lotta thing to do this weekend, I can't do all) it'll be really great.

Anout the permit Neph, if you can get the Utrecht crew and some other people ,who have time, together, and do a little gig in Utrecht. Just sticj to the plan (make a circle, en cycle three people, or maybe even two as you have less people, and just try to have as much diversity as possible, I think what really turns the audiance on is staff-throwing? (staf overgooien) It looks really cool and covers a large square. Be sure to have two people who are REALLY good becasue if someone misses, your show just might be over. Another thing is to to do some cristal baal minipulation with some spacey music, and to hold 2 (burning) poi, or a staf behind the balls, so the give a cool effect. And of course freestyle is great and firebreatung always makes a bif impression!

And about me performing, I can do a great burnout :-) and the simple things, but i belive high speed makes more impressing then really complicated contact tricks (sometimes) so i'll be working on my speed this week, simple but fast so to say. (this guy Rik in Amsterdam is the perfect example, his technique is okay, his tricks don't involve any contact (!) but because he has a large firestaf and is pretty fast, he really knows ho to atrract people's attantion! It's a start, I won't be doing any fishtale friday, I falls of to often to lok good!

Thomas

835 posts

Posted:
Wahey Thomas!!! Post no. 2000!!!!! biggrin

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
yeah,. (slaps himself for the head) ofcourse shops close at 9,..sure I can be there until then in Utrecht if thats the place to be when it is decided.

But for me one evening of juggling for the good couse is enough (got lots of other things to do and stuff). I dont really think the dam is good for contact juggling though (really really ugly kind of pavement (sharp cornered kinderkopjes)). Is there a better place in Utrecht?

169 posts

Posted:
The Dam is not as bad as you imagine :-) Have you ever tried it? I did, i isn't as good as grs, but the big plus is that the ppavement gives you grip, witch in some cases might be very handy, espassialy if parafine is laying around shrug whoa! Don't slip!

Post 2000! bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 ubbrollsmile wow sunny Cool! We rule! Boehahahahaaaa!

But er, IS there a better place in Utrecht? We're still talking about friday right?

Thomas

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
we are talking:

if Utrecht, then thursday evening (koopavond)

if Amsterdam then vriday evening

i think
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1130534226)

835 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, no, I was mainly talking about Thursday for Utrecht: if we want to do it with permission (but having to move regularly) we could do it in Utrecht on friday, but there'd really be only very few people about, this place is secretly a village, really smile

For Thursday there are a couple of great places in Utrecht in terms of getting the attention of a lot of shoppers, but I'm afraid the ground there also isn't all that acrylic-friendly marco smile mind you, few places in the middle of cities are!

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
hmmm maybe to do it properly - permission and everything - we need a bit more time for organizing to get all the permissions?

I got an email back from Novib:
(switching to dutch)

Written by:

Wat een leuk initiatief ! Novib werkt samen met de SHO (giro 800800) voor de
slachtoffers van de aardbeving in Pakistan. Van de samenwerkende
hulporganisaties is het dit keer Kerk in Actie die de leiding heeft. U kunt
zich via Kerk in Actie aanmelden als vrijwilliger om geld te collecteren.
Dit kan via het telefoonnummer 030-8000555. U sluit zich op deze manier aan
bij een organisatie met een CBF keurmerk.

eronder stond:

Written by:

Als deze jongleurs aangeven dat ze voor SHO - giro 800800 gaan jongleren,
dan mag de gemeente A'dam geen bezwaar maken! Er zijn net als bij de tsunami
talloze initiatieven. De SHO vlag lijkt me hier beter geschikt dan Novib. Ze
zouden zich via de site van SHO kunnen aanmelden om de status van
'vrijwilliger' hard te kunnen maken.

This should solve the problem of being allowed to collect money for charity.

I've got an first-aid (EHBO) diploma, and I could organize another (non-poiing) personwith EHBO to come along as extra safety. Maybe that helps with getting permission.
I thing we could get around the "no more than 6 at a time" rule by not performing with more tah 6 people at a time. All extra people would just be bystanders while there not performing.

So if we can't get permissions before friday next week, can't we just do it a week later, with all the proper permissions?

835 posts

Posted:
YAY Caro!!!!!!!!!!!!! bounce bounce Shall i call that Kerk in Actie number and sort that out since it's in Utrecht?

Yep, I was thinking the same thing about the six performers, I think we'll be okay with that, and the Amsterdam rules are surprisingly easy-going on fire, given how difficult they are about everything else!

Thomas, would you try and get the permit tomorrow? (you were going to the gemeente anyway weren't you?) it's supposed to take a week, but maybe if you make puppy-dog eyes and tell them we're officially collecting for the Samenwerkende Hulp Organisaties now, and see if they can't get it done one day quicker so we can still do it on Friday? Don't mention more than six performers or drums! biggrin It does cost 50 euros, but Mot & i will pay you that back.

Woohoo, it really looks like we might get it all done, with permission and all!
Who is still up for a little Utrecht show on thursday as well? It's busy enough on koopavond, and getting permission is a lot easier so long as we move from time to time.

hug

Neph

169 posts

Posted:
I'm leaving in a sec, to get the permit :-)
I hope they'll give it to me today!
Anyway, I WILL tell em we are 'vrijwilliger' for the SHO-800800 and that we are going to juggle :-)
I just hope that they are also up-to-date so they know they can't refuse my call!
Anyway, I'll let you know how it all went tonight!

Thomas

NoortjeBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
What an excellent Idea!!! You guys really got this stuff sorted!!! Me and my boyfriend are gonna come along for sure! I'll spin with you and Koen will bring along his didge. Wow we can't wait........

HakkaiBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
Heeey guys what's up!
I haven't been reading the whole post (since I won't be finished before friday!) but um... Hell yeah you guys got a good thing going on over here!

I'd love to be a part of it on thursday AND friday! But here's my sucky sucky anouncement... I'm not sure whether I have to work or not.. Really... I'm gonna fire my boss on of these days

Anyway, keep me posted and I'll check back here every so often. It's wicked plan mates and I'll do everything to be there.

Good luck & take care
maurice

- if it hurts, it's probably worth it -

Page: ......