Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The all-Ireland fire community thread :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello, hello and welcome to the thread for all Irish fire dancers, spinners, object manipulators, drummers, musicians and anyone else interested in these arts in Ireland.

This thread was started nearly a couple of years ago now... and it's since grown to include more people, gatherings, events, fun and games than we had thought possible.

And it's still growing - so if you're new to the arts, or want to meet up with any of us, please post at the end of this thread to introduce yourself... or send me a PM with your email address and I'll add your name to our mailing list.

There are spinners, dancers and manipulators all over the country, and you'll find lots of them on here... don't be shy, we're nice biggrin

So welcome, and hope to see you soon hug

Clare x

Updates on Circus/spinny gatherings around Ireland – 6 November 2006

Belfast:

Tuesday:

5pm-7pm

Streetwise (community circus) meet in Morton Community Centre (off Lisburn Road)… providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills. Run by the lovely Dave from Babcock and Bobbins (on HoP as Bobbins).

8.30pm-10pm

Lisa and I take our poi workshop in Crescent Arts Centre (featuring occasional special guests when they visit smile)… Please PM me if you are interested in poi lessons.

9.30/10pm-midnight

Fortnightly fire gathering in Crescent Park, Belfast (opposite The Fly bar). This is a friendly and informal gathering for anyone interested in spinning fire or learning more. Please PM me if you want to know the dates for the next gathering.

Wednesday:

7pm-9.30pm

Adult circus in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast). Weekly circus training for adults using various circusy props. £3 per week (I think).

Galway:

Tuesday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet in Aras Na MacLeinn. Run by the fabulous Eimhin (on here as Flip), providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Thursday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Bank of Ireland theatre… as above.

Sunday:

12pm-4pm

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Dangan Sports Centre…. As above.

Cork:

Tuesday:

5.30pm-8pm

Cork Community Circus meet at Loch Community Centre, at the top of Barracks St, Greenmount – providing an indoor space to practice and learn new skills. (Probably) run by the lovely Cormac (not on HoP). Three euro cover charge.

Limerick:

Thursday:

7pm-9pm

Limerick Juggling Club meet at the Limerick Youth Centre, on Lower Glentworth Street. Club run by fantastic jugglers Joe McGinley and Richy Brennan.

Dublin:

Monday:

5pm-7pm

DIT juggling club meet in the hall behind Belvedere College – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Tuesday:

7pm-9pm

Trinity juggling club meet in Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Wednesday:

7pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in Linen Hall, across the road from Bolton Street. Go through the archway at the side of Bodkins, and it's on the top floor, in the gym.

4.30pm-6pm

NCAD juggling club meet… somewhere

Thursday:

6pm-9.30pm

UCD juggling club meet in the Memorial Hall, beside the Architecture buildings – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Dun Laoghaire

Tuesday:

6pm-8pm

IADT meet… somewhere… a new club, and everyone is welcome!

Events:

Tralee:

November 24-26

Tralee juggling convention… organized by the lovely Fanzini’s, the public show is looking fantastic… smile

(If you have any updates on these clubs or events, please PM them to me...)

Take care, happy spinning

X

EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1163601911)

Getting to the other side smile

Fear-TineSILVER Member
enthusiast
227 posts

Posted:
You should get them off the net its the easiest but you could also look for mood balls, not sure if they sell them down here but if they do get those and put them in some tights. Ask tainted about hers

Grow old but never grow up

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
ask tainted about her moody balls eek

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
**boing.

Hello irish spinner peeps,
The end of the summer has come and I get to go home to galway for 3 weeks smile !!! I hav'nt been home for ages. It's gonne be great. So where would i have to go to do alittle spinning in ireland, and anything big planned between the 20july and the 8th august?
See yas round,

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

761 posts

Posted:
well theres the galway races in galway, thats at the end of july. theres juggling in dublin every tuesday and sunday in trinity college and stephens green

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mot

I get to go home to galway for 3 weeks smile !!! I hav'nt been home for ages.

waoh, your irish. i never would have thought. biggrin your website has really good tutorials on it. weavesmiley
there should be something on in galway - they have about 4 festivals over july and august. i'm not sure though.

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Yey let me know when your over and if you fancy coming to Belfast again I can put you and your girlfriend up.....if not then let me know when you in Dublin and i can take over the Docters flat (again heehee wink) Itll be great to see you again and have a proper spin.

I do not have moody balls mad hahaha you can make yourself a set for next to nothing. If you cant get hold of them pm me and Ill make you a set and you can give me the money when I mnext in Dublin (which should be the start of Aug) smile

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
helllloooooooo biggrin

glad to hear everyone's still having fun

uberpoi was the biz!! absolutely magnificento!!

anything going on in dublin this weekend? i'd no cash left to go to falmouth but have a lot of time on my hands and would love to hook up for some mischief somewhere.... being unemployed now and all.... tongue

grouphug

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
hey loverly lady.....

**flutters eyelashes and smiles lots**

**realises hes not very good at that and just hopes**

m8 - go to cyber cafe and get dude to mp3 some irish tunes for YOUR vid wink

glad you had uber fun hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
am sitting in cyber cafe smile

without tunes frown

will do asap,

promise

*flutters eyelashes and smiles in the way that only chicks can*

tongue

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Hey Lisa! wave
Get a job ya bum! wink

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

SpiderbabySILVER Member
c",
199 posts

Posted:
Hi Liz you'v turned up. Im not sure if you are the same person i saw in Visuals but hi anyway wave.

Just thought i post to say im back from holidays , well no the real reason i decided to post was to put the irish thread back to page one of the events forum where it belongs. Yeah thats it.

761 posts

Posted:
right, time for some more serious business.
There will be a world arts festival in Dun Laoghaire (east dublin) towards the end of august. The organisers are looking for fire performers to spin from 6-8 pm on the 27th & 28th. there will be no set wage for the event. but there will be over 5000 people raining on the (pedestrianised) streets of Dun Laoghaire. so busking will be a very prominent factor.

i will also be posting on emeraldcircus and on Fireland mailing lists. if you wish to join the madness, please only reply to one message.

if you need to get in touch with me directly / require any further information, pm me alternatly you can pm firepoise.

talk to y'all soon
Baz
P.s. helen, i'll be making staffs this weekend, so i'll see you at juggling on tuesday.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hey Barry, I already started a thread for this biggrin

But yep... we need to know some numbers of people thinking about heading to Dun Laoghaire over that weekend.

I'm guessing Colleen and Diana will be up for it (if there's no gigs)... but the sooner we know the numbers the sooner we can tell the lady how much space we need.

Post your interest here biggrin

Hope you're all well, btw. I had a marvellous time at Uberpoi and Falmouth - looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Take care
Clare xx

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Memememememememememmeoh wait you know that..........

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hello, well being in the middle of the country side in clare, the old information super highway is a hard one to find smile

But anyway, hav'nt done half as much travelling as i wanted to but, I'm gonna be hitting dublin next week end. Does anyone fancy a session to dublin next weekend, like saturday the 6th or sumfin. I cant make it on a tuesday or thursday unfortunantly. But i'd love to meet up on the weekend if anyone can make it.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
frown We have a gig this weekend unfortunately, so come to belfast instead biggrin

Have a great time tom... I'll meet you someday!!

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
hey guys! I'm coming home!!!!!
I'm getting back to Belfast on Wednesday, can't wait to be back in the thick of it so count me in on amy meets for the next few months I need some serious pratice, I haven't had the chance to play much so I'm a little on the rusty side.
Looking forward to firey hugs.
Much love D
hug hug hug hug

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Yey i get my Acro partner back smile bounce bounce bounce

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
yey you get an overweight acro partner back... I've eaten too many hot dogs. When I hit my belly the ripples go all the way to the other side... hmm hmm my lovely sexy body
bounce2

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Lol, it will be great to see you lady... PM on it's way hug

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
overweight my arse ubblol

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
no correction... arses, if you've never seen a double arse you have something coming..... eek

761 posts

Posted:
Heya dianehug great to have you back on our emerald shores, hope you had some fun over in the states. i expect are gruesome & detailed account of all you got up to when we meet up!!
see you soon hon.
Dr.F

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello doktor...

How's things with the busking arrangements?

hug

761 posts

Posted:
tell ye 2moro hun

761 posts

Posted:
Clare didnt get much of a response from the heads in the juggling club, but i think they will be singing a different tune when they return from the EJC. plus there were a good few that didnt make it last night. i'll probably have a few more after the busking on saturday... speaking of which. who's up for some busking on saturday? Lisa was mentioning her fire fancies lastnight... where were ye thinking of going to lisa? by the way.. you will be glad to learn that i have your earphones. Helene and Anja got confused and thought they were anja's sister's.. long story short.. i have your earphones.
Clare, i'll pm you a list of performers that i have when i get something a bit meatier.. i also want to see if we can get some performers out for the daytime stuff.. face painting, juggling etc.

thats it from me, i'll be back on at lunchtime.. TTFN!
Dr.F

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
me and diana could do something during the day, Acro or Statues

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Anyone up for some pyro fun this weekend in the Dublin region? I was talking to Lisa on Tuesday at Trinity, and she and Pierre were interested in having a spin over the weekend. (I believe she also spoke to the good doctor about it?) Everyone and all suggestions welcome. When would suit people, and what and where?

It'll be my last spin before i go to the EJC next week bounce

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

761 posts

Posted:
busking on grafton street from 10 if we get drumers. if not, i recon a smattering of groups spread around temple bar would be rather interesting. 2/3 people in each group. we can mingle round and change groups etc thru the night.then back up to my place for a few tins. i'll be going back to mine for a few tins anyways!

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
On Saturday you mean, i presume? Sounds good to me smile

Anyone else?

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

Page: ......