Pa-li-tchistranger
22 posts

Posted:
Do somebody know something about indian martial art, which is called Banethi?

.:full power:.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Not me...perhaps a little more background if you have it available.

and also exactly what you would like to find out about it...?
wink

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Pa-li-tchistranger
22 posts

Posted:
....Banethi is style of the movements with staff, double staff, rope and languri.......

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
ahh .. then tell us something about it wink

Pa-li-tchistranger
22 posts

Posted:
Everything what I can tell you is from our web:

"Traditional art of fight and dance with fire from India. On the photo below, you can see Murari, our teacher from Varanasi with rope. He teached us how to deal with stick, double stick, fleo and one or two swords. Thank you very much, Murari!"

.....its more about energy, like Kung-Fu than about tricks!!!

....for more you have to visit India, because we aren`t masters, we are just students........maybe few years later we will do some workshops.......

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
in ur video, in the 2nd bit after the first poi, was that Benetti or is it all Benetti?

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hi, I was recently in India and I didnt see anywhere I could learn this, although I did know of it.

Is it found only in the Varanasi region? cuz we didnt go there.

I tried a google search on Benetti but there is simply no mention of it. Are you sure it is spelled Benetti?

Id like to know more - as I can appreciate the style - however I'm finding it hard. Can you give us some links to a website on it or something?

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Pa-li-tchistranger
22 posts

Posted:
no links, no address, no names, what I know there are no informations about this on web......and I am not allowed to tell you something more about Varanhasi or Murari, there is only one way......meet him in India or one of his students, who would like to teach you......but we don´t do this now, because before this, we have to be better, much more better.......

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Yea, iv seen it before. Its mainly a stick art, like short staves. Though from what i saw, they also did open plam, not like Shaolin or something, just standard stuff. But on a Doco, they claimed it was the origin of Gong Fu, and was brought with Buddiism from india to china.

Pretty sure they had fire also, and swords, though most of it was like a dance. I think i still have a video of it round somewhere. (vhs) not mpeg wink

/me goes off to find it

Oh yea i think its like a religon also.
EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1087907256)

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Bodhiharma did not practice Benetti.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
erm pa-li-tchi can you be more specific about where in Varanasi we can learn this art? Ive been to India, and I didnt see it, but thats to be expected. Varanasi is a big city, and if youve been to India youd know that you could virtually walk past a martial arts school without seeing it...

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Pa-li-tchistranger
22 posts

Posted:
I told you what I know about this.....what I heard in Varanasi are maybe more teachers of Banethi........I never whas there - you know, only friends from our Pa-li-tchi group, I will go there for sure.....when I don`t know.....what I know from Banethi I learned by myself and with help from my friends.......

I started this thread, because I wanted know if here is somebody who know Banethi and to inform others, but something I can`t tell you like everyone else on the world...... ubbrollsmile

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:

I know about that :] (try to met with me in Prague somwhere u choose, or with whole our fire group, it would be nice to all of us smile I want know more about these "technique" ... see ya man

POI THEO(R)IST

Pa-li-tchistranger
22 posts

Posted:
for sure we can, I hope we will, but we will see when :-)))

....now we have problems to meet together, because of school and blablabla.....you must know it :-)

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:

Ne primo skolu, ale tak nejak. Kazde Utery od 19 jsme na "Parukarce" :] premyslej o tom. Poi and peace :]

POI THEO(R)IST