Forums > Social Chat > Miss Congianilty (sp?)

Login/Join to Participate

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
okay so i know i'm the last one to remember this, but i know a girl has gas powered batons in this...

i saw it last week and i wanna know how she does the cartwheel leg thing AND her throws are mad. I presume there was some sort of bungee attached???

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
have realised i'm talking bollux. Sorry have just watched "the others" an dhave spooked the shit out of myself... am kinda like that mute girl in it!!!

vic xx

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Love the movie the others...saw it a couple times now...still is great even when you know the surprise is coming!

As for Miss Congeniality...they are batons, so they are lighter than staves and ***much*** easier to toss. The spinning thing is actually very similar to martial arts kicks. You bend forward all the way while using momentum to raise your unplanted leg in that air. You turn your body so the lifted leg follows creating the illusion of a circle. My issue with this is getting perpendicular to the floor without losing balance. SOrry if it doesn't make much sense. I have a hard time puttin action into words.
And, she had a spinning double in it. If you watch the actress spin, she actually has a really weak left spin, there is no way it could be her.

However, there was a woman in the Miss USA pageant who is a University Twirling Champion and she used long poi (non-flamey) as her talent in the competition. She didn't win though, but the silver strings she used looked amazing!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
cheers pele, i didnt want to sound like a fool and say "that girl had a rubbish spin" cos i'm not experienced enough. But iwas right!!!!!!!!!!

wicked about the pageant girl, its nice to see something like that happening

I still really want those batons though, i mean wow "click click WHOOSH!"

hee hee

vic xx

p.s. am off to practise that crazy thing with my ickle staff (its only 16"!!!)

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
woohoo i did it! well, kinda, boshed my head a few times ( ihave no idea how!) but it looks wicked!

thanks so much pele!

vic xx

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
S'what I'm here for!

Just remember..when you get it down, I wanna see it on video!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK