Forums > Social Chat > You might be a fire spinner if...

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, it had to be done, so I am doing it.

YOU MIGHT BE A FIRE SPINNER IF:

*You have set fire to your clothes more than three times in your life.

*(Men only) you have hit yourself hard in the nads at least five times in one day.

*You are no longer bothered by the puzzled look on the cashier's face as she rings you up for three cans of white gas and a pack of bic lighters.

*You always have a lighter on you, even though you don't smoke.

*Your idea of a good time is to spend a night making strangers stop and stare at you.

Any others?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
-When you carry your poi with you when you know damn well you're not going to be using them

-When you watch Disney movies(Aladdin,Lilo & Stitch)and check to make sure the animators actually did their research before animating a fire spinner into it

-When you attempt to spin your poi in the car

-When you continue to spin in the car after smacking yourself in the face

-Everything you come in contact with has some kind of spinning or twirling purpose

-When your login name is poiaholic

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah

-When you can't wait to get out of work so you can go on the HoP discussion board

-When you've only been registered for two weeks and have posted almost a hundred times

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
When the last thing you did before going to sleep on New Years day was to poi @ 7am for 2 hours.

bri mCcallmember
34 posts

Posted:
- if you have practiced poi so much in your first week that your three year old son demands a set of day poi for his birthday.
-if your three year old son in your first week knows the difference between day poi and fire poi.
-if when you go to the hardware store for white gas you buy the twofer special.
-if when your in the hardware store your son says "mommy,are you getting white gas so you can light up for me and grammy tonight."
-if when your doing poi moves with your socks and your mom asks you if your practicing another poi move.
-if your family and friends beg for you to light up for them again as soon as you learn more tricks.
-if you stubbornly learn seven tricks in your first week to try to catch up with your other fire buddies.
Time spent frowning is wasted energy.Definantly follow the old saying "do to others as you want done to you." peace and love for fire buds across the globe!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
When you travel across the country to meet a bunch of total strangers in Southern California...and have the time of your life.

-Mike

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I just fell off the chair...POIAHOLIC...I thought I was the only one that twirled in the car!!! That is sooo funny...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
Seeing as the subject of spinning in the car has come up, I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologise for any dents I may have put in the body of my friend poi boi's car with my electroglos, oh, and to the pedestrians I freaked out as well, and to the other drivers who thought the blue light was law enforcement.......

tip of the day: it is not possible to weave with body in car & poi outside car, without doing damage to persons or property.

(but oh, how I would love to proved wrong!)

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
-when you think about spinning more than you do about sex

plantgirlll,haven't you learned yet that nothing is impossible

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
poiaholic, if there is one thing that all this crazy fire fun is teaching me is that you are correct in that nothing is impossible!

I don't think you have too much of a problem thinking about spinning more than sex, could be a concern thought if you're thinking of spinning while you're having sex, or worse, start spinning!

maybe i should take this opportunity to publicly apologise to my husband..............

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
when you and 2 of your fire buddies bring in the new year by breathing fire on the christmas tree and then twirling poi around it as it burns

if you have ever been asked to leave a wal-mart because you asked the counter girl if you could taste the paraffin before you bought it...just to make sure....

you wake up your best friend at 4AM because you had a dream about an idea for this badass combo that would look great to his favorite song

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
p.s.

that whole christmas tree thing was damn funny...you guys should try it sometime

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
* "when your friends refuse to go any where near a pool table with you"

missie

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Goddess_Of_Pyremember
107 posts

Posted:
When: people can throw forgein objects at your head and it doesn't phase you due to the fact your used to slapping yourself up side the head, several times a day practicing with those wretched tennis ball pois.

And all my days are trances And all my nightly dreamsAre where thy gray eye glances And where thy footstep gleams-In what ethereal dances By what eternal streams. Edgar Allan PoeThe prophet is a fool and the religious man is fucking mad, and for the multitude of your sense and your inequity, and the great hatred......NANCY BOY

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
-if you are seriously contemplating spinning fire by yourself in zero degree weather where no one can see you because you haven't spun fire in like a month and are starting to go into withdrawals
*twitching uncontrollably while typing*

dwuanosmember
79 posts

Posted:
when your...
Aftershave's been replaced with kero.
Forgeting the pan's been in the oven at gas mark seven and the burn goes away the next day.
You have aloe vera growing in rows like carrots.
You've pierced parts of your body so you can attach poi to it.
You end up geting arrested for arson and swear it was art.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Poi'ers... when u twirl brollies with the hope of an ace effect....When u think fire brollies would be a cool and far out individual idea

U always take a shower before and after poi.

U want a cool moving piccy of sum twirler in ur post

Have very knackered non fire poi... (me streamers)

When things go whoosh by you and u jumo to look for pretty fire streaks....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
You voluntarily shaved your chest so you could do a tracing act...

-Mike

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
You have links saved to evrey fire site on the net you have ever visited.

You do air poi at every occasion you hear groovy music, even if its standing at the bus - stop.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
- You have a nightclub secretary tell you that she spent 3 days looking for "xtreme" performers on the net and didn't find anyone, but her boss walks in and instantly goes..."I've had this brochure of this girl I have been longing to hire just to see what she does, for over a year..." (I got that job too! )

- When people walk up to you and go..."Don't I know you from somewhere" and you list the media that has covered you before the nightclubs you go to.

- When you watch dancers on tv and go..."If I adapt that move then I can fit *name of tool here* in and make it look better".

- When it seems that you can pick up on someone using the word fire in a conversation you are not part of, in any context, from several yards away.

- When, no matter where you go, people point out any flame print clothing to you.

- When people assume your favorite color scheme is Red, Yellow and Orange.

- When kids you could have given birth to hit on you and then tell you that you should be a movie or video star cause you are so incredible. (It was irritating after a bit, but it was flattering)

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
- you find yourself sitting in a-level classes trying to practice your wrist movements with pens while gazing longingly at the cartakers bonfire.
- you dedicate an entire art project to the joy of poi!
- you tell your french teacher you want to join the cirucs in your oral exam!!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
- when you go to a club woithout your poi and start dancing with just your wrists...
Oh the shame of suddenly realising...

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
hehe if enough of us do it we can convince everyone it's a really cool new dance

you've stopped buying fleece/nylon/polyester 'cause it's no good to burn in

all you can think about every waking hour is how you're going to be able to go to burningman

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
you sprayed deoderant under your armpits and set fire to it...just to see if it would ignite the fumes...and instead it lets fire to the liquid, burns all your armpit hair off and leaves you needing to change your underwear..

that has happened to me....

well...not the underwear bit...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
you may know you are a fire spinner, the things in your life are that lil bit more boaring if they dont have poi in them....

eg, can i do poi on the bus?
can i do it on my skatebaord
can i do poi while i play teh drums,

and when ur frielnds are so used to you doing fire, that they stop telling you in a manic fashion you are on fire, and trying to help

also when teh fire brigade are on first name termswith you and you drink with them down the pub!

Step (el-nombrie)

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
You might be a poi spinner, if you see those oversized novelty tennis balls and seriously figure out a way to turn them into practice poi....

Currently on the right side up of the world.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
When you want to show your confused manager what poi is after describing for a very long time what the twirly things are they may have seen when out on the piss.

When you insist on twirling poi in a small space by the bar in your waitress uniform, so you rmanager realises.

When you really want to push spinning lit fire poi in that small flamable space by the bar and your manager tells me vigorously to get back to work.

(Tried this today to the amusment of my friend Bianca who turns out does poi) YEY!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Flynt:
You might be a poi spinner, if you see those oversized novelty tennis balls and seriously figure out a way to turn them into practice poi....
I have a pair of those - they spin really well, despite what everyone else seems to think

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
really?

might have to try it now...

you're a fire spinner, if you borrow someone elses security card on a string so you can spin them for someone at work!

you're a fire spinner if your flatmate bans you from carrying groceries because you keep spinning them and breaking the handles on the plastic bags...

you're a spinner if your workmates are used to seeing odd black marks on your nice work clothing, because you accidentally forgot and chucked some "fire clothes" in with your normal clothes and got soot over everything...

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Gandhi Ganjamastermember
299 posts

Posted:
your're a budding spinner if, as a kid, carrying the warm pails of creamy milk home you spin them risking wrath of the parents cause you emulguated their potential coffee cream

Why?

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
if you've read through this thread laughing & nodding, & getting new ideas

Page: ......