originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
well i did a quick search for this and found nothing so i guess ill make one.
devilstick passing.
after playing around with staff and contact staff for a month or so i pick up devilsticks and they are a lot easier,with my half remembered tuition from dsads in kent trying some tricks, find it much better, so much better that myself and my good freind owen have started doing lots of passing and its good fun

so far we are just working on tick tock passes going:
myleft >my right>his left>hisright then repeat.
it looks nice and is starting to be a reliable move.

helicopters more tricky. it going to take a lot of practice

what we need now is ideas. has anyone any experience?
have any of you tried it?
what actually works?
just general ideas really.
cheers guys

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
If you can pass 2 between you like that..

or 4. eek

ubblove

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
yeah we tried it this morning.

when we can pass one well between us or juggle 2 each we will try it again. i think that one is a little way off for us.

but 4 yes mmmm lovely smile but not yet frown

ta for the idea

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
If either or you're going to the bjc we could have a play and see ... cool

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

gsv-sleeper-servicemember
62 posts

Posted:
i would really like to go to the BJC but unfortunatly im skint frown ubbcrying it would be great to see some new moves and learn new tricks, prahaps We could meet up the next time Joe has a convention in kent

peace Owen beerchug

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ok, I played a game with a 13 year old who was 100 times better than me where we did a trap tic toc 3 times and then pass to the person next to you on your right hand side. Then once you've passed run around to their right hand side and continue.

As you progress through the centre of the big top seee how many jugglers you can take out on the way. smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
Hi !

I unbury this post from hell cause i'm also looking for some passing tricks.
I don't know how you're doing now but i can tell you one i've worked for with a friend that wasn't so good and after 15' and a few beers we got it.

Ok it's a bit tricky: 1 ds and 3 sticks, partners front of each others. The one who starts has 2 sticks and the Ds (say bob and dstick in lefthand=lh, lefthandstick= lhs), the other (joe) 1 stick also in lh. More symbols : right hand = rh, righthandstick = rhs.

All ds moves are idle between the partners plus some sticks exchange
1 - bob passes the ds to joe lh, then bob gives lhs to joe's rh.
2 - when joe gets the ds on lh, idle to rh and gives lhs to bob rh. Now if you qre there bob should have 2 sticks in his rh !!
That's why, after giving his lhs to joe, bob exchange the rhs to hi lh.
And on and on, if you go on with the trick, joe will exchange the stick from rh to lh while bob while idle, etc...

simplier, every time you get the dstick you idle once and pass it to your budy. Everytime you pass the ds to your budy you give him the stick you just used and exchange the other stick between your two hands.

Complain if it's not clear. I got this trick from Florent from Lille during the last EJC.

And what about you ? Any new passing tricks ? There's so many basics things to do, especially if you're side to side whit one stick and tons of them with two ! I'd like to pratice a propeller from one side to the other (bob left side to joe right side) and then a toss above to bob left side. And one could imagine to have 2 ds doing this like a (slow) shower.

Now, let's see the other ds topics i've unburied !

Olivier

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Me and a mate called Rajj were trying really hard to learn Helicopter swapping by standing facing each other and one throwing high and one throwing low. We kind of had it but we both spun Helicopter different ways me Clockwise hime aniticlck wise which caused major confusion. also the throw and the catch has to be perfect normally you concentrait on a perfect throw and miss the catch or throw it well badly and catch perfectly.

We also master standing side on and doing propellor passes can;t remember if we did swapping propellors or not. Rajj also wanted to try standing back to back and throwing buzzsaws over our heads to the other person. I drew the line at that one.

Passing is loads harder than it looks

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

ezeeckielmember
32 posts

Posted:
hi !
sorry about the last question of the devilstick post, i didn't see you had already contributed.
I agree with you, DS passing is REALLY difficult, even with 2 good jugglers. but i like challenges !

Salut !
Olivier