Forums > Social Chat > CAN ANY ONE GIVE ADVICE ON A BEHIND-THE-BACK WEAVE

Login/Join to Participate

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
HEY ALL POI'ERS .IM HAVIN TROUBLE LEARNING TO DO THE WEAVE BHIND THE BACK. IVE BEENPOI'ING 4 OVER A YEAR BUT THIS MOFO OF A MOVE HAS PERPLEXED ME FOR MONTHS...CAN ANY ONE HELP ?????CHEERS,CAINED AND UNABLE.

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Oof, well, for starters, TURN YOUR CAPSLOCK KEY OFF PLEASE.Thanks. winkI've not yet perfected it, but I've found that I can do a sort of btb split time figure-of-eight move so far. Practice whipping one poi behind your back around to the other side and then back again, over and over with each hand. Then see if you can do it with both hands simultaneously.I'm basically taking the same approach to learning the btb weave as I did learning the weave in front.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey..first of all don't get despaired! as adam first just try switching sides with each poi separately first, then try a figure of 8 - if you get to this stage the weave should come fairly easily; maybe it will not be perfect but then ask for more help and i'll give you some tips that have helped me...oh and start by trying the forwards btb weave (which is the one that starts by swinging your poi IN REVERSE at your sides) - it's easier...happy swinging and i'll write a bit more to help you if you tell me exactly where you are having trouble,Simos

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Its sooo hard isn't it? I only got it last week. I have learned by copying the motion without any poi for ages and then using only one at a time. Swing your body (kind of like a snake being charmed) from side to side to stop the poi hitting your legs/shoulders. It really helped me when I got some video of my friend doing it and then watching it over and over.On a totally different note. I'm gonna be in Manchester in about a month so if you wanna meet up & swap some moves that would be great. You can email me thistlepixie@hotmail.com

Are we nearly there yet?

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
come to 'juggling' on thurs and i'll show ya!

Dimitrimember
26 posts

Posted:
It might sound strange but try using a staff. Using a staff gives you control at all the different point of the move and most importantly it helps your body learn to move. Put the staff behind your back holding it with both hands. Each hand should hold the staff between the middle finger and index finger and the palms of each hand should be facing each other. Now put the staff horizontaly to the left side of your body and pull the back in a circle so that the half of the staff that was behind your body is now in front(horizontaly). Now keeping the staff in that horizontal pozition and while not turning it, carry it to the other side. Now unwind backwards until you are palm to palm and wrist to wrist. Now carry it to the other side of the body with out turning it and start again. The idea behind the move is when you get stuck just turn your body and unwind in the other direction.Hope this helpsD