pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well guys¬what a blinder of a night it was at the viaduct!so many names to faces and screen names.I would like to thank dave for the hospitality and a place to crash for the night.. i think liam was a little overwelmed with new moves to get any sleep.. what a bloke.would like to get you guys to thank malcome too for making us welcome at the squat, such a nice venue and lovely people.Gotta dash though guys and thanks to you allBam Bam, dave tom, dom, glass Dimitry and all te rest!see you all again soon.PeacePKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Again I feel left out that one of my friends has been down south and met everyone. One day I'll come down and visit I suppose. Although only Durbs has actually shown any interest in me doing so....Well Ros has too. But that's different grin

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I thought you hated Londoner's, Cantus.

Jesus helps me trick people.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Southerners in general really. But shh.....

Meh

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
pk, glad you guys had a good time.

Cantus, like any member of the global fire tribe you'd be most welcome down here.

Oh, most Londoners hate Londoners, and everyone else too

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
On the one day I decide I'm all Poi-ed out, you all come to visit.

BamBam was saying something about us all coming up for a session of Sheffield Poi in the Park...is that still on?

Cheers!
C

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
You can never be poi'ed out

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
I guess not...but the BJC did take it out of me somewhat...

Luckily I have new toys to play with...

Cheers
C

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
It was really nice to meet the two of you, and see you both in spinning action.
What a top night/morning....it just went on and on and on.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with you and the rest of the Sheffield crew (not too sure about that Cantus guy, I hear he doesn't like Londoners!) at the end of the month.
Carrey get ya bags packed girl we're going to Sheffield.

Big love

Lisa

Ohh and thanks for the insiration with to pick up my tools guys, You gave me the kick up the arse I needed.

[ 05 April 2002, 02:15: Message edited by: BamBam ]

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Thanks to everyone who showed me stuff and let me throw their toys about, I think PK mentioned everyone apart from Ben's wicked meteor spinning and all those juicy slinky contact variations- thanks for the brief lesson Santi.
Those who said they would, please drop me a mail.
I will come down again as soon as the new staff is ready.

TOM, please mail me cos you stayed in bed to recover from the convention, wouldn't mind getting my hand on some of your drum and bass too, can I send you a couple of mini discs down?

Massive thanks to Dave and Dimitri for being so hospitable and for the wealth of inspiration, really not sure about your milk though Dawny says thanks for the footage guys, she hopes to see you soon.
Just give me a couple of days to get the video to ya, er, mailing me your address would be a good starting point!

I realise that there was lots of spinners that did not attend because of the weekends impact. I for one will be at the next poi in the Park in Sheffield and it would be great to see you all if you are up for the journey. Sheffield needs more staffers !

Cheers for the company PK, it was fun missioning round london in a haze of smoke. I'll be in touch as soon as I have spoken to phil. Tonight, Richard said that he will put the cd with the photies in the post to you so we'll se what happens....

Thanks again to everyone and that damn funky squat.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I could send one of my other personalities to PIP, instead of Cantus, if you like Bam Bam?

Tempest, Spiral has joined the ranks of Sheffield staffers now. As has that diminuitive spanish girl that somebody round here used to go out with....

Personally I've been drifting towards the dark side of late.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
But yes yes. Come to sheffield and bring staffs. More people who'll doubtless be better than me at staffing. Marvellous.....

[ 05 April 2002, 13:02: Message edited by: Cantus ]

Meh

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Cheer up Cantus, you could always come by for a spin with me?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Cantus i feel you man, you must be on a downer knowing that that nice and sexy spanish chick is now with your good mate oh well calls fer more spinning if you ask me!
or do i just hate chicks right now?, dunno i'm all perved out from london, tempest will vouch fer that, too many arses in london.
Liam i'm gonna mail you about pip5 cos miss sarah and i have had words.. but i'm not bringing it to the board.

PK
updated>> https://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ooh no. I've kinda sorta got a beautiful new young lady. So I'm all smiles. Can't stop grinning in fact. But you most likely don't want to hear about that.

Tempest, that's no good. I need to spin with people who're worse than me to boost my ego. You are a hundred times better. Plus you keep mentioning beats and I can't follow the conversation when you do that....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think that should read new, beautiful young lady

Please edit it accordingly in your minds.....

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce bounce goes vain-ego cantus delightedly in thoughts of romance though the message board.. nice one mate.

argherm double staff << mr PK has given it a try and gives back to liam!"

Beats what beats cantus, means nowt to me either, sure if i have been doing staff fer 4 years and so on then maybe i would be able to join his coversations too. "lost in a worldof satff talk"...

PK
https://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
By "dark side" I meant I've been doing poi. Just thought i should clarify in case that's why you thought i was feeling down....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
4 years? Really? I haven't been doing staff for a year yet. Only a little over 10 months.

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i was jesting mate!
been spinning poi since november last year, done very little staff and double staff only as much to help me with meteors, now i have just been hooked on flags by the londoners, i robbed some white fabric around 10 square feet from the republic this afternoon, just need a sewing machine cos there is no way i am hand stitching any thing ever again. lol unless Bam Bam wants to make me some cos i remember her saying that she makes em, in return fer this big ass piece of fabric.
you following me cantus?
sleep deprivation?
or you just trying to boost up your message counter? you going fer 3000 posts? haha
and thats just tonight!!
PK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I was, I must admit, stalking you earlier. As per the private message thingie I sent you. But I was, in truth, just killing time waiting for a certain young and pretty someone to phone me.

I actually assumed that you meant that tempest had been spinning that long (4 years). Which would explain why he's so annoyingly good with his staffs.

Meh

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:

Not yet got two years under my belt, just kinda got this compulsive spinning disorder.

If you wanna just come for a chill and a spin, thats cool - it dosen't have to be a full on theory session. Glad to hear you've been drifting towards the dark side.

Hope all is well with your young lady and I look forward to to PIP5.

Kou Kou

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hello!

I'd love to visit the UK
What's the Folk Festival Scene like over there.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well two folk festivals spring to mind and I can highly recommend both of them...

Cropredy Festival

and

The Cambridge Folk Festival

Hope these are of some help to you....

Meh

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Vain-eog-pk glad to hear that the joy of flags has reached your soul. I'm not too good at them yet (might need to learn how to do poi first).
Hate to tell you this, but I'm not really the person you need to speak to about making flags. The ones I have at the moment have been lent to me by glass ( he's bloody good with the sewing machine ). I can tell you how to make them......but that's about as far as my skill goes at the moment.

I had my first taste of double staff last week and now I'm hooked. I've just about mastered the hitting myself in the face without people noticing. I'll keep you all updated on this weeks progress and burises.

Cantus.....what are you like at teaching doubles?????????????

Happy Thoughts and big love.
Lisa

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'll give it a go. I can teach you some basic stuff I s'pose (like not getting hit :p)

If you want anything more technical then go to Tempest.

Of course that means I have to practice now. So I don't look like a twat......

Meh

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Aaah! No!!!

I already have party scheduled for 20 April...

I will have to make it to the May one...

Bummer!

C

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Moon Pixie - Nothing like Woodford I'm afraid!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Oh fooey

That was just the kind I was thinkin'

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

3,492 posts

Posted:
Although, that Cambridge festival looks kinda cool. thank Cantus