Page: ......
T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
WE'RE SLACK DON'T BELEAVE ANY ON THIS THREAD (apart from maybe the most recent post)

If you want to meet up with any smelly hippy fire spinners in bristol post something to ask when and where people are meeting up. most people are quite nice and will happily help you or if thats not your thing ask me and i'll abuse you for no reason biggrin

p.s. Normally we meet up on sunday 2:30-5pm at the Student union, Queens Road, Clifton (But this only runs in term time)

Oh yeah b4 you ask no you don't need to be a student

EDITED_BY: T&B (1142525038)

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Anyone up for meeting tomorrow night then??

Gayle.....!

Eggznewbie
16 posts

Posted:
Mmmmmm - guess that'll be round about a couple of hours ago then? frown

Is Cotham Gardens a regular thing? Mind if I come along one night...anyone????

devil

I would hate to advocate drugs, alcohol or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
come.

Gayle.....!

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Yay, term has started - come and join CircuSoc at the student union Freshers Fair biggrin
We'll probably be juggling & spinning in the park (Victoria Square, Clifton, just up from union) on sunday from 2:30-ish

See you all soon, Mike biggrin

P.S. Eggz, yes cotham gardens is a regular thing, until it gets to cold in a month or so - in the winter only juggling in the student union (Anson Rooms 2:30-5:00) for students and non-students smile

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying I miss you guys so much! ubbcrying
gonna have to go and drink *all* the sugar

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Don't worry i'm not in Bristol so there bound to be having a crap time

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
*rubs hands* moohahaha we finally got rid of him and sent him back to london biggrin wink hug

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
This is probably a really dim question but when you meet up is anybody welcome?, or is there some sort of membership? and is it open to total begginers as well as people who know what their doing?

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Hi Sarah,

This is the group i was telling you about. Come down or to the circus soc. Keep meaning to go and see what Mike raves about but i'm always hung over. Bugger!

Hope to see you about. and don't worry about being new to it - i suck quite badly but these guys are relly nice and will look after you and if you're nice to them teach you some tricks.

Mike - where is the union?

Gayle.....!

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Yes, everyone welcome, any skill level smile Union is up st.pauls road towards clifton village - big ugly concrete building can't miss it. The Anson Rooms are on the first floor up the spiraly stairs

See you all soon, Mike biggrin

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh yes - i remember now - been to a few gigs there. Might come and check it out. Metal note: if you want to go spinning don't get so drunk!

Gayle.....!

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Yeah In the year I've known about the anson room spin I've never made it for simalar reasons even though I mostly there on a wenesday. (But not this week)

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Do you spin there on a night as well if outside is too cold and rainy and horrid???

Are Wednesdays still on whether it be at Cotham Gardens or the SU as i haven't heard anything on here since the BJC.

Gayle.....!

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
Sorry im confused what with the cotham gardens and the same building as the anson rooms thing is it two different things. Will times and dates be announced or is it the same time ever week or month? sorry to keep asking what seems like silly questions really rather intersted in seeing if i can make it and hoping i dont make a total idiot of myself thanx bristol poi for the information you gave me in the first place

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Cotham Gardens is in Redland - there is a link further up the thread.

The Anson Rooms are near the Triangle on the top of Park Street.

Cotham Garden meet on Wedsnesday night but not sure if they are meeting at the mo. Mike (Psi) says the Anson rooms are on a sunday afternoon. Although i think Garthy was implying that if the weather on a wednesday night is too bad and horrid then everyone goes to Anson rooms instead. Correct me if i'm wrong somebody! I think most things are answered in the thread although it may take a while to read. Have a look through it and all should become clear!

Gayle.....!

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
cheers thanx for all the help and its ok to just appear with out letting anybody know your coming? anyway ill stop asking questions now and trall through ti all this evening thanx again

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Ah! No I was saing that I'd never made it to the sunday spin at anson room due to hangover etc.

If it rains on wednesday you can turn up if you like but II generally don't enjoy getting wet unless it's really warm.

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: garthy

Yeah In the year I've known about the anson room spin I've never made it for simalar reasons even though I mostly there on a wenesday. (But not this week)

confusing person you.

Gayle.....!

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
The wednesday time seems to be once it starts getting dark seen as i dont do fire and have no glow ones yet is it ok to jsut go to wednesadays anyway or am i better of just going on sunday when its during the day

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
if your happy just watching then there's no reason why not to go on wednesday and you might be lucky and someone might have glow stuff you can play with. Althought your probably get more out of Sunday as you can see what people are doing and they'll be workshops also it's a f*** load warmer. Saying that i'll probably be quite crowded for the next few sundays (being the start of term and all) but it's still a good laugh.

so in conclusion go to everything smile

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
I'll second that (partly in an attempt to get more non-Bristol dwellers hi-jacking this thread mwaa haha).

Sunday meets are great! One of the things I miss most about home frown and possibly the best hangover cure around (you'll back me up on this one wont you Tim!) Many has been the week when I'll just sit in the corner drinking cup after cup of sweeet sweeet tea, eat chocolate raisins, gently rock back anf forth groaning and watch all the jugglers and spinners be amazing! Nothing like it!

and go to everything!:)

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
yes go to everything, it's all good in sunny Brizzol!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
Well i shall do my best to make it this evening being wednesday unless its tipping down or im too late they have after all dumped a last minute staff meeting on us that doesnt finnish till seven not sure of time everybody will be about but i will try

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
heys guys... wave

just got an e-mail from one of the girls who used to come to our notts fire meets to say she's having fun in madrid and is already going out with a handsome staffy spaniard... any guesses? ubblol

miss y'all hug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Wow a staff meeting, that's quite appropriate for a wednesday night! Do they do poi and juggle to? umm ubblol

Let's relight this forum ubblove

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
"handsome staffy spaniard" don't think i know anyone that statisfies that decription. The only person I know in madrid is some dirty Mexican hippy confused ubblol

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ubblol well i haven't met him yet so didn't want to be that rude. funnily enough though she didn't describe him like that, those were my words... umm

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
So you haven't meet him yet and you describe him as a handdome staffy spaniard umm i see

Just out of interest how many times have you watched his video now? wink

Anyway back to Ben's lady friend is she nice?, have they kissed yet?, does she want any dirt on ben yet?

P.S. how long do you think we can discuss Ben's personal life before he notices

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Don't know but i reckon we should keep babbeling about him till he does smile Maybe he's too busy with his bird to post on HoP wink

Eggznewbie
16 posts

Posted:
So, can I bring my staff to the Sunday juggling meet as well?? Only just started learning to juggle so it'd be nice to be able to do something I'm reasonable at redface
*trying to catch-up on this line - had bad bad pc problems so been offline for the last week*
- - - - - -
devil

I would hate to advocate drugs, alcohol or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Page: ......