trixyBRONZE Member
100 posts

Posted:
six students going to Glasgow for one night in Feb beerchug have nowhere to stay. eek
anyone lives in or has stayed in glasgow know any cheap accommodation. someone said something about student district? confused

any ideas? ubbidea

luv trixy ubbangel

THAT'S ABOUT AS SENSIBLE AS STANDING ON A HILL, IN A THUNDER STORM, HOLDING A GOLF CLUB AND SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR VOICE /ALL GOD'S ARE *BASTADS* -THE GREAT TERRY PRATCHETT.

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
i was in glasgow a while back and we stayed in a youth hostel that cost only 6 pound for a night and it was a brilliant place, had heaps of fun, lots of people to get drunk with but be damned if i can remember its name, it was a really tall office block looking builing near one of the major railway stations and i can remember that it had obviously been sponsored by a paint company that only made pink paint coz it was everywhere but aside from that it was an awesome place...i will go and investigate and get back to u

cheers beerchug

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

trixyBRONZE Member
100 posts

Posted:
thanks thats great.
6 pounds a night?!!! eek
i shall def look for that if you can find the name.

luv trixy ubbangel

THAT'S ABOUT AS SENSIBLE AS STANDING ON A HILL, IN A THUNDER STORM, HOLDING A GOLF CLUB AND SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR VOICE /ALL GOD'S ARE *BASTADS* -THE GREAT TERRY PRATCHETT.

157 posts

Posted:
still working on it...when do u go?

cheers beerchug

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

157 posts

Posted:
u could always sleep in police cells as i did on a few occasions, just walk in and ask for a bed for the night, tell them that all th hostel are full, and back packers are closed for the night. It is free and if u are lucky u get breakfast the next morning. Not the most comfortable of sleeps but cheap none the less

cheers beerchug

trixyBRONZE Member
100 posts

Posted:
good idea, not sure it would work with 7 of us at 7pm tho.
i'm going on 19th feb for one night.

i have just found a place called Euro hostels that seems quite cheap, ring any bells?

luv trixy ubbangel

157 posts

Posted:
heya.......i have spoken to everyone i went over there with, and between the 4 of us the best that we could come up with was that the name of teh place was a number i.e 486 or something like that, i am soooo sorry that i can't be nemore help then that, i reckon that i could still find my way there from the station, but i couldnt describe it it was about 2 years ago now......terribly sorry, i could have sworn that at least one of us would have written it down in a travel diary or sometihng but it apears we were all as slack as each other

cheers beerchug

subvertmember
2 posts

Posted:
Hi ya i live in Glasgow. One of the most well known hostels is Bluesky it's in studentsville ie: West End of the city not far from city centre with loadsa great pubs/clubs nearby. The web address is below hope this helps

wink
https://www.blueskyhostel.com

trixyBRONZE Member
100 posts

Posted:
thanks for you help both of you.

the bluesky looks great but some of the people coming are only sixteen and they say no under 18s.

i have found somewhere called Euro hostels, its near the river. £17.75 a night. ever heard of it?

luv trixy ubbangel

subvertmember
2 posts

Posted:
yeh, i have heard of Euro Hostels i think its ok. I live about 20mins walk away from there smile

trixyBRONZE Member
100 posts

Posted:
looks like thats where i'll be staying, seems to be the cheapest.

luv trixy ubbangel