Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Thread the needle on alternate butterfly

Login/Join to Participate

Snakeymember
16 posts

Posted:
Im a bit stuck on a new move at the mo, a friend tried to show me but its still not working. I can do thread the needle on forward and backwards butterfly and contra-rotating crossovers (changing sides with alternate butterfly). Just can't quite work out the timing to thread it when the poi are alternating. If anyones got any hints or tips I would be very greatful.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I have about 3 interpretations for what you mean. can you clarify please?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
TTN on split-time BF..? I suppose...

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
The split-time TTN is far, far more difficult than the normal TTN. Are you able to do a 4 beat TTN? If not learn that first because the movement ont the split time TTN is the same.

Once you have that down it's even more difficult not to lose the timing on it IMHO, so make sure you have that solid and then just do the same thing in split-time.

There's plenty of info on the 4 beat TTN so if you can't find it just do a search... smile

oh and there's a vid of it [Old link] tongue
EDITED_BY: Jafar (1070531066)

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Snakeymember
16 posts

Posted:
Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I had never seen anyone do a 4beat TTN, practiced that for a bit and the split time TTN just followed. ubbrollsmile Cheers, never would have worked it out if you hadn't helped. Got forward, just trying to master backwards now (nearly gave myself a nose bleed the other day).
Haven't learnt anything new for a while so its a good buzz to finally figure this out,
thanks again

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
groovy smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

mosesmember
30 posts

Posted:
What in the beans is a 4-bt Thread the needle...where do the other beats go?

..::Spiral Out:Keep Going::..