RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
I called home today.the place I call home anyway.where my stuff is and where I pay rent.where I still feel like i'm a stranger.my roomate answered.he said "have you heard the news?"I said no.he said:"Will passed away." "he was swimming in the lake.""he drowned."my heart sank.a chill ran up my back.i didn't understand.it was impossible.he was so young, so full of life!I firedanced with him,all summer down at the park.I told him I would keep going through the wintereven when it got too cold. but I broke my promise.And without me there,everyone else stopped too.How I wish I could have had those few more nights with him.I still have his firestaff. The one he made lovingly, expertly,with his own two hands out of a piece of driftwood.a beautfiul thing it was, collapsible into 3 piecesFor easy carrying.Too bad he'll never carry it again.I remember the night me and him spent on the beachdancing, talking about lifedrinking tea, eating breadliving.he was invited to my New Years Eve party goddamnit!I was dissapointed because he didn't show up.Now I know why.He inspired me, he taught me, he was my brother.And now he's gone.I don't know how to feel now.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Great poem man. I'm sorry you lost a friend, let alone a friend close enough to call a brother.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I feel for you. Had a friend die on me a few years back (on New Years Eve of all days) and it hurts, badly. It makes you realise that everything does end, that we are fragile and most importantly, that every minute of every day is precious to us all. Nothing is ever the same again.You have the memories. People live on in memories. Their life lives on in our lives, which go on. His life goes on in your dance. Mourn, but do not drown in sorrow because the world still turns and the universal life goes on.You spin, he still spins.Peace.

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys. I've never had anyone die on me..but your right, he lives on, i still feel him with me.I will fuel up his firestaff tonite, put my speakers outside, and dance like a madman in the snow. I hope he sees me and smiles.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
*Sick Puppy pours out his 40oz of Mickey's on the curb for all the dead homies*Sorry about your loss Rave. My heart goes out to you.Dom has a good point. You spin, he spins with you, you'll always be able to find him in the fire.(in place of my normal profile signature, as it may not be so appropriate here, I will put some of the best wisdom ever passed on to me)----------------Always drink to remember..... Never to forget.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
*cheers to Wills memory**hugs for your sorrow*

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
Im sowwy... I know how it feels to lose someone you're close to. my heart goes out to you... many hugs
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand down into techno wonderland"parents say video games affect teens I dont think they do,if they did, take pac man for example, we'd all be running around darkend rooms munching magic pills listening to repetitive music. PLUR

Its not easy being green....

Stumember
16 posts

Posted:
Thoughts are with you Rave.Their sprit lives on in the flame you light, the grass you spin on, the beat of the music you listen to & in the minds of everyone that was blessed with their friendship.'We do these things not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us' - no fear------------------~ Don't think you are, Know you are ~Stu ;)

~ Don't think you are, Know you are ~Stu ;)

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
Is sad when a friend leaves this life before we think that they should...I to have been in this situation...and it took me soo long to get through my head that my friend was gone...I would go to ring her to tell her stuff that happened in my life, but she was nowhere that she would answer a phone......Big hugs to you

fe fi foo fun

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
When you spin, he will be there with you. You will never truly lose him.

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys. here's a story in our local newspaper about it: https://www.southam.com/kamloopsdailynews/
------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I feel for your loss and the thoughts of myself and many others are with his family, with his friends and with you at the moment.Remember that the death of a body is not the death of a spirit and his spirit will survive in your heart and your memories and those of the others who knew him.with much love and many hugs, Ros xx

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
I went home, rolled up a big fat roach joint, and me and my friends hopped into my car and smoked it. As I sparked it, I said, "This is for you will, wish you were here" Maybe it might seem like a silly gesture to you, but it meant something to me.And it wasn't to put it off either, I am not running away from this problem, burying my pain in marijuana. trust me this is too fresh and deep to bury anyway. the pot only made me more introspective and thoughtful, about the whole situation.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

ufo8mycatBRONZE Member
journeyman
60 posts

Posted:
My sincerest consolations; time will level everything - and he's definitely gone to a better place, whatever that may be.It is in our tradition to wish those bereaving a long life, so I extend that to you.

it's not that i mean to set things on fire...

Nokomismember
27 posts

Posted:
"Immortality"Do not stand at my grave and weep.I am not there. I do not sleep...I am a thousand wings that blowI am a diamond glint in the snowI am the sunlight on ripened grain. I am the autumn rain.When you awake in the morning hush.I am the swift uplifting rushOf quiet birds in circling flight I am the soft star shine at night...Do not stand at my grave and cry...I am not there. I did not die.~A

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Thanks again guys..just to keep you updated, we had a HUGE party for him down at the park on friday night.. drummers, firespinners, singing laughing dancing, speaking, living.I even rented a generator, called up my buddy DJ cassiel, and he brought down his turntables and mixer. I brought my home stereo and speakers and we pounded out the trance all night.. (very illegal, but the cops left us alone, I think they understood)I'm sure will was watching and loving it. and his death does have some positive aspects, it brought us all closer together!And I am teaching his sister to spin fire, I am happy about that, she is very much like him, and I am honored to have the chance to teach her the art her brother was so passionate about.anyway, thanks for the support people, I need it right now..------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~