Forums > Social Chat > winter's perpetual madness and YOU!

Login/Join to Participate

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
It is winter, I am sad. its to cold to spin outside and I break things when i do it in the house. its almost x-mas and im still in winter denial. im still wearing tanks and sandels and bare feet. its making my nuts!! all i want to do is go spin! it seems i suffer from a form of seasonal depression.im wondering what people to if they just "can't" spin for one reason or another.ive kinda been using the time to prepare for next summer but i just ant wait... its hard to "prepare" when you have no place to spin.. poi withdrawl is crap..------------------A Faeries Heart Beats Fierce and Free!!!!![This message has been edited by SorchaTheFlaming (edited 19 December 2001).]

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Sorch I feel your pain! If you can, find a gymnasium or some large indoor space where you can practice. I learned so much last winter since there was nothing else to do. I work on a university campus and sometimes I practice in the large atrium of one of the academic buildings. If you're not too self-conscious, it's a great way to stay in shape over the winter. smile

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Man, you guys are wusses. winkLast weekend it was below zero out here AND snowing. I was out spinning in it for two and a half hours. And when you learn to spin in a jacket, you are so much better when the jacket comes off.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Well it's sumer here. Nice and warm. Although it has taken a while to get to be summer. Only in the last days have we seen the temperatures get up to about 30oC. Usually it is at about 38oC by now.Hmm hot dry summer. Geez I can't wait. Seriously I can. They annoy me, it get too hot in this sunburnt country on ours.------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmmm - I don't recall any of us southern hemisphericals complaining about our winter... wink even though it was a bitch and rained on 95% of the nights we planned to meet. smileI'm pleased Malc is doing another compilation AFTER the southern summer... at least its more conducive to practise and performance here now. We'll get to display our best, as opposed to our rugged up hibernationesque attempts.Anyway - just wait it out. I hear it will be another season in a few months![This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 20 December 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
By the way guys, it's summer here in NZ and it's been raining more than it did during winter!We've had 13 consecutive weekends of rain, they just published an article on it in the paper on Tuesday (wednesday to all of you who are late getting the dawn).I did more fire during our winter so far...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Well i only basically started twirling this winter (so five months ago) and whether our winter just isnt as bad, or whether i was still gripped by newbie fanatacism i seemed to go alright down here.Maybe im just a tough mountain manoh yeah...did i mention its summer now and a perfect 28 degrees winkCheersAPBAPB

Good on usGood on us all

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
I just started like 2 months ago or something.. and now I get to do it once (maybe twice a week for like an hour) Im glad for that, but it still stinks.I wouldnt mind it so much if I could go snowboardin, but I aint got the Caaaassh. lol------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.