Forums > Social Chat > input for a better life

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ber sealThe Official London juggling über spy. shh! dont tell any one
419 posts

Posted:
had an idea to day.

i want to start a community of jugglers, spinners and more.

All i want is any ideas on how i can get my hands on a large plot of land,
Has to be in a warm part of the world.
And has to have room to build a place for all the family

I'll enjoy your input peace

When people says "plz" cause its shorter than "please" I say "no" cause its shorter than "yes"

419 posts

Posted:
how about if we all went to an island and kick all the people of it.
then we can play to our hearts content.
oopppssss, should be watching my karma on that one.
peace

When people says "plz" cause its shorter than "please" I say "no" cause its shorter than "yes"

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
always sounds idyllic,communal living but in my humble experience it does usually disintegrate into resentment about who didn't wash up,ie..it bites you in the bum...but i'm not giving up,maybe one day i will find my family... smile

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

yeah, i guess chile will do... ubblove

so we need what, about US$100,000 in about two year's time?

easy... smile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

419 posts

Posted:
i still want to know how the two of us could find the same place.
i cant wate to move .
anyone got a spear £100,000. they can give me and all my mates.
go on now you know you want to.

Maylinnmember
14 posts

Posted:
Hello all,

just thought I´d let you know I have tons of land to spare. I know it´s not in a warm part of the world, but hey, you can´t have it all now can you? I happend to be sitting on a land area about the size of the UK, with only about half a million inhabitants. In other words, plenty of room, and you´ll all be very welcome here too! It is, ofcourse, northern Sweden. Suggest you tie ropes on juggling equipment so you can pull it out of the metre deep snow in case you drop it. Bring lots of frie poi and we might be able to make it a few degrees warmer. See you all soon!

Mind that grammar!!!

419 posts

Posted:
nice idea but i did say warm.
thats cos i like to juggle outdoors.
and its not easy to do with thick coats on.

joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
So, this strikes me as one of those beautiful ideas that everyone thinks is only a pipe dream... until suddenly it all works out. Have you all checked out the 'Get Pounce to Kent' thread? Started as a joke, and then next thing you know it's a done deal... (within half an hour of the suggestion, various people had offered about £150, with more coming in all the time)

My suggestion would be:
- Check which warm countries would allow immigration
- Check the legal issues regarding buying cheap land in those areas
- Summarise this information online, with some sort of cost analysis, including discussion of how any community there could support itself. We may have lots of doctors and astrophysicists, but do we have any farmers? I've done a little bit, and it's a hell of a lot harder than you might imagine.
- Suggest a 'minimum number of people to start', along with a buy in cost. Probably about £2000.
- Suggest a start time
- See how many people are up for it.

Chile and south America are good ideas, but there would be issues with immigration / work / language. My money's on Australia or New Zealand. The community could begin at least by supporting itself with outside work - say at any one point half of the group could be working out in the larger community, whilst the rest use the money earned to 'develop' the commune. Also immigration would be a lot easier - I'm sure we can find enough Aussie / Kiwi enthusiasts to marry anyone who can't arrange a visa otherwise.

I know people who have done this, also on Taz. Not spinners, more into the organic and craft side of things - it doesn't have to be a pipe dream. They set a target of moving there three years from the decision to go ahead with it taking place, then set up a bank account that they could all pay into, but no-one could take money out of. each month, they all had to put £200 into the account. There were, I think, about 15 of them. This means they were banking £3000 a month for three years - a start fund of £108000! I don't know how many of you are aware of the astonishingly low land prices on Tazzie, but that translates to a serious quantity of land.

I have also helped build straw-bale houses (covered with clay & render - much, much better than most other construction materials. Warm in winter and cool in summer) - a large, ranch style house cost A$3000, though they had access to farm machinery to help them build it. Both the people I helped do this have said that if I was ever doing the same, they'd come and help / show me how in exchange for the help I gave them...

I need some time to sort out various things in my life at the moment, but if enough people think this is a good idea, then I will start doing research.

I know Tazzie gets cold in winter, which might not be ideal. We could get a bus as well though, and spend the winters roaming Northwards, spinning fire for food and fuel... and paraffin...

weavesmiley ubbidea weavesmiley

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

419 posts

Posted:
man what an set of ideas.
i'll have to think some more.
but that is a great way to look at sorting out a way to get what we all need. peace

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
well, unless [Old link] get fair treatment taz might not be such a good idea after all...

frown

either that or a juggler's community on privately owned land is exactly what they need there now...

ubbangel

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
Okay, if anyone here is serious, i would definately put in 2000pounds (whasat, AU$5000) in three years. Definately... see no little winking faces... definately.

confused

ubblove

weavesmiley

There is a world made of air, one of earth and one of water.
And there is one made of fire, and all of them fight for supremacy. They are fighting now, in my head.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
"Follow your bliss, and doors will open where there where no doors before."
~ Joseph Camble

I say leap and a Net will appear. Find what you love to do (your passions) and do them.

I ski durring the day, and work at night @ a ski resort. Then spinn fire as much as possible at partys and I LOVE MY LIFE! I am Not rich in $$$$$, but I am rich in Other ways(like waist deep Pow Pow.) The key here is to save a little bit, and put it away in some sort of stock or cd. so you don't have to work as a ski bum all of you life ubblol

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Great idea. I'd totally buy in in 3 years. Can we set up a payment plan? That would be easier.

Australia and South America are excellent ideas. Australia might actually be heaven on earth. South America - probably also heavenly (I haven't been) - would likely be cheaper. Yo apprendo hablar espanol - and would be happy to translate. cool

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
I have to tell you guys. Lately ive been thinking about what i want to do with my life, and basically im the type that likes things like uncorcked at sachem farm, and i just want to stop fighting the world, and relax. Ive often dreamed of owning a couple square miles of a forest and living there all alone. Hunting and growing gardens. I know thats not really reasonable, so the best i thought i'd be able to get was living in a trailor house with a garden and some ramen noodles. doing street preformances, and working at parties on request. I've always gotten A's and B's in class, but those dont mean smart. im not sure i'd be able to work an actual job unless i had a textbook to refer to every day. I love this, and Yes i would Gladly put in a few thousand dollars if this becomes a reality, and i hope it will. Fishing by day, fires at night. living in mud houses and sleeping in hamoks (sp?) like gilligans island, but with cooler people. living off the land. count me in

smile

think about it. about 100 people joining, and we all put in about 3k thats 300,000 bucks enough to buy an island and lots of parafin. the question is, would we have some kind of ruling power? hmmmm... i sorta dont like that idea.
EDITED_BY: Twisthem488 (1076373498)

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
and we could live in treehouses and train the animals to be our loyal friends/slaves.

Monkey butlers.......I'm in!

ubbrollsmile

419 posts

Posted:
how about i go looking around when im on my big trip.
then when i find a place i'll stick a big flag there ( design to be decided later,maybe we could hold a comp for the best one. And name the winner as king/queen of the flags.)

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
"gilligans island"

ubblolubblolubblolubblolubblolubblolubblol

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Perfect. Can I be Ginger??

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

spherespinnermember
38 posts

Posted:
Sounds great to me.... smile

Would be happy to help chuck in a few bucks to get something sorted.... but hey.. I live in NZ ... does that mean if I have to marry someone so they don't have immigration problems.... ??? Does this at least mean I wouldn't have to put any money in... ubbloco

Actually I have lots of relatives that own big farms.... I am sure some of them wouldn't mind a bunch of juggling.. spinning.. hippie types invading their land....... beerchug

weavesmiley
J smile

smile
Start chasing dreams.... one day u may catch them..

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Then Just Do It!
People get themselves into rutiens, and stuck in Ruts. I say Break out of The Box and go do what you Really want to do(Follow your Dreams). I know it is hard to do, you can't bring everything with you, so you have to Drop your Luggage, and take that first out the door. (Travel Light! wink ) You Can be on an island living in a hamok, working at some hotel/resort, spinning fire every night.
It just takes currage to leap and to know a Net Will Appear.

Good Luck to you All!

~FS

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

Page: