Page:
pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
so confused....

um

are we in kansas anymore?

tho i do like the pretty blue frosted colour....

ok malcolm, you've obviously put a lot of work into this. you get mad props. and you are forgiven for the fact that i was entirely upset i couldn't post at all last night ubblol

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
wait! are our intro threads gone forever? please tell me you're still just working on them. my thread was just getting good!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Malcolm...

You have surpassed yourself this time

Big up yourself.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Quote:

spritie, try clicking the threaded link on the right at the bottom n the top, that should do the trik

Musashii, that link isn't there when I view the threads active in the past 24 hours. I would really like it to be though. Is it there for other people?

I clicked on the threaded link, then went back to the main index, then to the past 24 hours link, and they didn't stay threaded either...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
one very very small problem i have found.

on the mouse over on either "home of poi" or "community", it comes down often accidentally as i have not yet learnt how to use my mouse properly. but due to the refresh rate (how long it takes the móuse over to dissapear), i cant then click on someting else, or simply on the screen, so that the mouseover dissapears. then i can click on "main index".

I see this as a waste of a few seconds, which i could have used much more productivly, picking my nose for example.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ok how do you add your avatar? i haven't figured that out yet.....

**giggles**

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
in your profile bit. goto "my home" then one of the options in there.

funkymonkymember
192 posts

Posted:
hmmm... . . . . . . . . . . . very interesting..... congrades on the new loook though, tre professional weavesmiley

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
I like the new format, just gonna have to get used to it. I don't really like it being so white though because it makes it harder for me to look at and read stuff. I liked it when we had the gray background and the font was just alil bolder looking. Looks good though! weavesmiley

Get your well deserved rest Malcolm! hug

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
i like the nu smileys, but thats it, the old system was fine the way it way Y CHANGE IT!!!! im gonna go sob ubbcrying

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya i tried that. for some reason i'm just not seeing it.

scratches head

really i'm not that dumb! ubblol

**giggles**

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Nice job Malcolm. Thanks for all the work you do, as usual. You are really amazing!

Now, it says PM's are gone? Is this permanent because if so I am going to put up a thread telling people to resend those of the last week because I did not save them in email.

And what happened to Fireperformers.com section? I put up 3 new posts and was truly hoping for responses there, then they all went poof! Can it please be given back...

Unless of course you haven't gotten there yet and then I will simply have to be chastised to wait a bit more patiently! spank

It is going to take quite some getting used to, and there are some minor things that I simply don't like at all but I think this is really nice and much fun!
Thanks Malcolm!

Hugs, Love and so much Respect. I hope you had lovely ice cream dreams! biggrin
Pele

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Pele:

can i chastise you please?

Im good at it..

(insert dirty devil smiley here)

:rubs hands:

Schmickles!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Embrace the change. tongueeace: weavesmiley

Malcolm, you're the coolest! Here you are spending your personal time trying to improve a service off of which you make no money. I wish I was as dedicated to what I do as you are to what you do. hug beerchug

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Mistress Aurora, you can still get the old settings back as far as color scheme goes, or you can even pick from a bunch of others. The gray background with blue is the HOP choice. All of this can be found in the options on my home.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Thanks spritie

I like most of them except for the Wild one...Gives me a headache! I've got it set on the HOP skin. Me likes it mucho better! Doesn't hurt my eyes! eek ubbtickled

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
mine´s on HOP too .

But thats now made irrelevant due to all the colours now available.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

tongueeace: weavesmiley

Oooh! Oooh! A bug! Someone squash it!

That's supposed to be our flowerchild graemlin. Instead, the program read the "colon-P" as the tongue graemlin.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
BUG FOUND!

tongueeace:

sort it out malcolm!

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!

Its all a bit posh now!!

This we like!!

Well done and congrats Malcom, for surviving so long without gettig fed-up and throwing things out of the window(or did you and just not tell us!!)

what happened to the member status bit though?? just as I was getting close to the magic 500 posts!! ubbcrying

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Armoured_RavenGOLD Member
35 posts

Posted:
Wow, this is really different, and i only saw the old forum for about a day ubbloco .

It looks great and has a lot of neat stuff to play with! biggrin

But to whine with some of the others... my intro post is gone...waaaah! I will just repost another one if they don't get tranfered over though, no worries. I just like to whine tongueeace:

Just a few things I notice, mostly personal preference but after all the boards I've tweaked and hacked, these are pretty common requests :P :

Being able to see location, click on homepage or send PM's from the persons post

There's no master reply button, you have to click reply from a post.

The new topic 'post' link may not be the easiest to find for new folks

There's so many columns that the subject column is squished off to the left, the subjects should be the main column that doesn't get squished.

The added stuff is waaay groovy though. biggrin

Kudos to you and your hard work!! beerchug

edit:/ oh hey, location *is* there...coooool. An email/ PM/ homepage link section would still be groovy tho. ubbangel

"I have no particular talent. I am merely inquisitive." -Albert Einstein

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
I dislike that i have to log in each time i visit.

And i totally agree with raven above, mostly with the reply button.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I dislike that i have to log in each time i visit.

1112: You don't have to. Right below where you enter your password is a little box you can check which will automatically log you in each time.

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
ok now ive been going a while, its not so bad, im sorrry if i was rude b4 malcolm, this must have taken AGES!!!!!!!!

gotta love this tho
Peace!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Two small questions:

1) why on the page to put up your avatar, is my password 20 characters long????

cos its not.

2)where the chat room go?
EDITED_BY: United Caravan Owner's Federation (1069193762)

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya! what happened to the member status?! please let us have that back! i want it back! ubbcrying

ya i'm seeing the same thing with my password. oh and i want to put in my avatar but once i do it makes me change my signature cause it says it's too long. do we really have to shorten our signatures again? i already had to pick a much shorter one than i originally wanted. frown

**giggles**

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
thanks for the new HoP Malcom

... my problem is I can't upload a photo; confused do i need to know my photo gallery number? If so where can i find it?cheers
sunbeam
Non-Https Image Link

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

I dont like it. Sorry, but i dont, its gotten more clunky, more ugly, the added features are all cosmetic and dont adress the underlying problems of organisation, infact the new board makes it worse. It still takes forever to load (longer now peeps have avatars), all my PMs have dissapeared, no member status, unnesicarily complicated treading system, takes up more space, horrible colours. Sorry, but i dont like it. getting to spoiled by poiinthepark I guess but i really think the board has stepped back, not forward.

Gotta say it.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Is there a way to search for a post by a specific member like there used to be? You used to be able to search by member number, but that option seems to have vanished.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Malcolm, great job. Sorry to be a pain, but for the recored, I can’t find the Club/torch swinging thread in the Other Toys section.

However, the original thread posted in Technical Discussions, still remains in Technical Discussion, as it was before it was moved to Other Toys some time ago. Cheers smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Page: