Page:
Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
whut up,

Rusty Video

divx encoded, you know the drill by now...
currently only a 13.4Mb version exists, but i will work on compressing it further for the broadband deficient.

it was pretty damn cold out, and we ain't had a place to spin all winter...

of course we will all look much smoother in a couple weeks, now that it is actually above freezing in new york city...

and you gotta love that track huh!!! very special thanx to 1L for that...

enjoy
peax

Skunk

PS almost forgot last but not least, thanks to all the performers, who are (more or less in order of appearance):

dirt and jen (those 2 are doing all the partner balancing stuff)
me
nomad and lee from anthelion
NYC (can you run down the difference between all the types of balloon fetishism for me again please?)
heather feather
gear
chuck

thanx homies, let's play again soon!!!

[ 18. March 2003, 07:08: Message edited by: Le Skunk ]

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
great suggestions astar, i will most definitely keep them in mind. would have to borrow a couple of cameras i guess to do the angle thing, but that is definitely doable...

thanx

btw, have you ever seen anybody unfurl and melt?
https://www.kollaboration.org/kolla2001.wmv

that guy goes by elsewhere (the d00d in the red shirt)
holy crap, too good not to share

Skunk

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Well you could just cheat and film the move, then move the camera and film someone doing the move again.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
that wouldn't be right, nauty nauty nauty

(but, I was thinking the same thing)

I have seen that video befor, on www.spunite.com

but the site is in chinese, so good luck

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Yeah I saw that video awhile ago. That guy is a ridicilous freak, I can't believe someone can move like that. It looks fake when he does the robot type dance. Almost like someoned cut down the Frames per second, but I know it's real.

Someone should destroy that kid before he destroys the human race with his inhuman body!

AalatheaGOLD Member
80 posts

Posted:
whenever i try to watch these videos they dowload, show the first frame, then say bad date source. i can watch the ones on the hop page (poi, staff..) but the ones people put up never work. does anyone have any clue what the problem is or should i just keep sneeking into my apartmentmate's room to watch them?

the video on kollaboration/spunite makes me sad cause i had a friend who could dance like that first kid. and he went the way of all things last year.
but i guess i have to get COL3 now so i have some clue what you're talking about with these particular between the leg things and stuff. i always hit myself when i try to do anything but a butterfly between the legs.

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
ooooh leilel that is rough. i would say make sure you have the divx codec installed on your machine but if it's showing the first frame you probably do...i would maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the codec, but not knowing your machine i can't really tell you what's wrong...
sounds to me like your best bet is to do the old sneakaround with the flatmate. or maybe you could ask him/her "hey, i got this video online can we watch it on your machine?" that usually works for me.

and astar if that elsewhere kid must be destroyed, i suggest you call on kujo, billed as "the world's strongest dancer":
https://detoursvideo.com/Kujo1.avi

i bet if you tried drilling into his abs your bit would break.

NickCMonkey Wrangler
183 posts

Posted:
Looks like a mix of drunken master style flopping around, capoeira style flips and spins, and traditional breaking.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Are you sure that's not bruce lee? After seeing that I am almost 100% sure bruce lee did not die but faked his death, failed to age, changed his looks with plastic surgery and took up break dancing.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
kojo, he's pretty ****ing amazing, there is better footage of him.

"Looks like a mix of drunken master style flopping around, capoeira style flips and spins, and traditional breaking." nickC

Thats cos it is.
African dance too and many more

The detours lot don't claim that what they is doing is inventing moves, they just say that "they manifest them(the moves) at a different time."

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Just downloaded the vid. Props to the NYC crew on a boss vid man! Yo! Big shout out to my hommies!

Er, was that slang correct NYC?

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Word. (from the Frenchman)

Nomad

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
heya i wuv the video!! the baton figure8 move is fancy!!

i dun wanna sound like a capoeira nut - but is that an attempt at an 'au giratoria' (cartwheel spin) at the 12th second of the video. i like brazillian food.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
capoeira nuts - do they use that a lot of them in brazillian food then...?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
hell yeah glass!!!
"ain't nobody here made up a damn move"!
i just got that detours video in the mail yesterday. that is some pimp a$$ shiza! makes me wanna give up fire spinning and pick up b-boyin. i have to say if i had a house the size that those guys do i would have a lot more room to practice, but hey that's what you get for living in NYC.

Good call bender on the move, of course it could also be an attempt at a breakdancing move called the 1990, but either way it is just an attempt cause i am not very good at it yet... just the other day i had a breakthrough though when i realized it helps tremendously to walk backwards into the move instead of thrusting yourself at the ground. maybe by the next video i can pull off a full spin, and now that spring is teasing us with above freezing temperatures i am gonna get a lot more practice than none...
breakdancing emoticon in da hizouse!!!

skunk

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
quote:
Props to the NYC crew on a boss vid man! Yo! Big shout out to my hommies!

"Boss Vid"? Mad love to "Grand Master Whiteboy Poindexter" over there.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
ok so as you can probably tell by this thread deviating off course somewhere in the middle there i have recently become obssessed with breakdancing. anyway, i'm kinda bored at w3rk today and really am not feeling constant iraq war coverage after about 3 hours of it so after a quick "inspiration" break and some visine i sat down and started doing some bboy research...

anyway my search led me to the legendary zulu kingx crew that afrikaa baamabataa or however you spell the name started, and apparently it has been resurrected in 2000 right here in NYC by bboy Alien Ness.

anyway, the reason i am so very excited about this seemingly irrelevant to poi piece of history right here is that when i looked thru the names of the current crew members, one stuck out bigtime, bboy EVIL SKWERL, which for some reason strikes me as pure genious gold, and right there shining in front of me is the name for that move that has eluded being named for so long...

so with much respect to breakdancing as an art and a magnificent form of expression (much like fire dancing) i dub that butterfly timing twixt the legs 180 jump spin move "the skwerl"

woo hoo!!! and one of these

skunk

--------------------------edit-------------------------------
also i just wanted to add, this gives way to wonderfully suggestive dialog, especially when overheard by clueless people, such as:

"damn baby, lemme tell you that was one tight-assed skwerl"

and:

"oooh, did you see how she just stuck that skwerl between her legs and spun on it"

knahmeen

peax

[ 22. March 2003, 11:13: Message edited by: Le Skunk ]

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
hey yall, i just watched rusty, w00t! ; ) it's chock full o inspiration. so goodjob and all that, longchains got love for you man. nice contact staff too! peace

matt

6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Le Skunk:
..breakdancing move called the 1990
well it looks sweet any way you name it!
keep it going!

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Bump.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
does anyone have a copy of this video?

Step (el-nombrie)

6,978 posts

Posted:
erm how can i send you some rustiness?!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
erm......

you could send it to me yahoo mail account?

its mechhead15ATyahoo.com

Step (el-nombrie)

Klaymen180 posts

Posted:
Klaymen@Gmail.com ill upload it if you want wink

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
oo oo (aproximation of exiceted monkey sounds), i would also very much like to see this.

Love is the law.

Page:

HOP Newsletter