Forums > Help! > who has tried the new led lightsticks???

Login/Join to Participate

greenfyregirlSILVER Member
journeyman
55 posts

Posted:
Hello

Just wondered what the light sticks were like?!!!

FyreFlyemember
26 posts

Posted:
I got ahold of some from neonhusky.com. They rock! I got them overnighted the day before a performance! Yikes!!!
They were amazing...I had them on as a solid light, but twirled-they looked like they were strobing. I had so many former hippies come up to me afterwords wanting to ask me what they were, wanting to see them...
Don't try to bounce them off of bodyparts, though. That just breaks them and then dimms the light for a bit. I also swear if you whip them around super fast, that will also cause a temp. light out. I think it has something to do with dislocating the batteries for a little bit. They were so bright....worth every penny!

Yesterday I thought I could not.
Today I am certain I can.

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
I ordered a pair on monday, they should be arriving soon, hopefully by tomorrow where I'll be spinning fire and glow toys at the beach.

How long ago did you order them from Neon Husky? Supposedly they fixed that battery contact problem, they shine nice and bright even after hard spinning or a bad hit

greenfyregirlSILVER Member
journeyman
55 posts

Posted:
Cheers for the replies, but i ment the ones for sale on HOP! Are they the same as Neon Husky's?

bean_brigademember
14 posts

Posted:
The ones on sale from neon husky are amazing to look at, however, there are extremely fragile and WILL break no matter how careful you are.
They are called "streetlights" and emit an extremely fast strobe that is invisible to the naked eye, until you spin them, when you get amazing trails, like nothing i've seen before.
However cool they look, I really don't think the expense (or heartache when they break!) is worth it.
I have just ordered some of the new ones on this site, they haven't arrived yet tho.Cant believe how cheap they are!!
Also apparently you can change the batteries with a dsmall screwdriver. BARGAIN!!!
Hope this helps!! xxxx

selecta

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
The ones from HoP are great, really bright and even though the plastic is lightweight they seem to be quite sturdy.. The only problem you might find is the weight, they are very light. But overall worth the money.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

GrayforthBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
They are really bright, but they are fragile. My friend broke his within 2 minutes of spinning... but he was being stupid and spinning really fast. They still work, the one just is missing most of the plastic.

In this world of tears, you need a sense of humor.

FyreFlyemember
26 posts

Posted:
Sorry to be talkin' about NeonHusky....
It's just that it would have been really hard to get the lightsticks overnighted from New Zeland to Phoenix, Arizonz and all...

The sticks have held up amazing well, considering what the crack I put them through. They broke beacuse some wasted fool got ahold of them when I wasn't looking and started to bang them on the ground like a pair of drumsticks. Fair, 'nough though, I don't see how anything could hold up to that abuse!

I learned an important lesson that night...

Yesterday I thought I could not.
Today I am certain I can.

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
hmm yeah, i broke mine the first day i got em, the end came off one and the other smashed in half, i was doing weave fakeys... ooooops but i fixed one... the other is pretty much dead. i might order another one, maybe a different colour.

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Ok ok now they look very much like street lights but I have come across many designs of similar nature some are terrible quality others are not to bad.

Apart form being terribly fragile the main problem is the battery connection.
What I did was to push a thick washer in place of the spring to prevent battery disconnection.

Secondly go to ant fish tank shop or diy shop and but some clear hose slide the lights in hey presto instant protection from smashing.

I have some I got from a pound stretcher for 60p each fitted a washer and pushed them into clear hose and they are still going strong even after some pretty heavy connections with immovable objects.

What the quality of these hop ones are I cant say has any one actually got some of the hop ones????

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
on close inspection they seem to be the better quality ones that I have seen most of the poor copies only have 3 bats and have a ridged inner structure smile

and if you look at the pic no strobing effects

blazin_red_blue_white

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Theo_SILVER Member
Dirty Hippie
347 posts

Posted:
yeah, i picked up this old thread so i think they were talking about something different, but my ones are the new ones shown there, but they hit each other, and they are weakest where the battery lid is attatched, i will try your idea of the hose pipe thing, if i get some new ones. But did you cut a hole in them to get to the on/off switch?

for every minute angry, you loose 60 seconds of happiness

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
no just press very hard where the button is

glogirlnewbie
11 posts

Posted:
I use led lights that friends have designed....same as the above ones with hose and rubber stops on the ends to help with impact protection..this has saved mine many a time and still going after a year and always draw a crowd and interest!!!They also have about seven different settings and a few cuts or scratches in the hose over the button helps you find the button in the dark...and they look fantastic!!!

PyrohymirSILVER Member
16 posts

Posted:
@ glogirl

Could you post a picture of it? Would be cool to see what it looks like.

Thanx.

It's your Hell. YOU burn in it. I'll just burn here...
I put the sensual back into non-consensual!!