Forums > Help! > where can we get insurance in uk?

Login/Join to Participate

Ianddmember
39 posts

Posted:
We will be doing a show with 10 people on the street for a festival in edinburgh but not busking and the only quote we can get for 3rd party liability is 2700 pound which is a joke. SOOOOO does anyone have insurance at a reasonable cost help please!

email me

yanddsan@hotmail.com

www.beltane.org

cheers,

Ian

soup!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Can't email you as all msn addresses are filtered here

But you can get public liability insurance for around £75 which covers one year - september to september. So get it soon while it's going to cover you for a while or it's not worth it.

If you want details I can put you on to someone.
PM me or email to:

fluffynapalmfairy@hotmail.com

I can only check my mail at weekends but I'll do my best, ok? Hope that's some help to you

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
that was for one person btw. I don't know about group insurance because it's never applied to me.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
hello

you can try these people.. can't remember what the name is but I got a fone number.. 01952 641321

cheers
Niki

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Ianddmember
39 posts

Posted:
thanks folk but we are looking for group insurance for the year and we have quotes of 2700 pounds so far for one event agh!

any mention of the word fire seems to throw people into fits, does anyone ut there know f any multiperson groups happening cos I think we're the biggest in UK especially for Beltane

www.beltane.org

cheers,

I

soup!

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Hi hi...

The company that I am insured with is Dixon Chalmers. They offer a Street Performers Public Liability Insurance (inc. Fire) Policy (£2,000,000) for an exceptionally reasonable £75 per year. This also covers workshops. From memory it also covers up to 2 other performers, so you could work out who needs cover for the rest of the year and who's doing a one-off public performance.

I would suggest that all of your group pays the £75 and gets themselves covered for the remainder of the "Insurance Year" (bizaarly the end-of-year rollover is Sept 2nd).

Unfortunatly I don't have their number on me...but it won't be hard to find on the net.

Another person to ask aboutthis stuff would be Minerio (Rob) from the Tapooka Crew in Edinburgh.

Safe spinnin'!

Ianddmember
39 posts

Posted:
thanks again,

but we really want group insurance as we have to insure 10 fire performers and up to twenty torch bearers as the insurance companies seem to be throwing a fit at anything with a naked flame. The tepooka lot I know andthey have this individual insurance but come beltane we will have approximately anything like 30/ 35 fire performers, fifteen more with huge firebrands and maybe thirty more torch bearers plus all the people working on pyros and fire sculptures. So if anyone knows of another largish group in UK who've actually got insurance please tell me...

I

soup!

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
As Knoxious said, the cheapest insurance seems to be Dixon Chalmers. Thier number is the one Stix posted, 01952 641 321. It would be worth giving them a ring because I tried dozens of companies and very few would go anywhere near fire.

Ianddmember
39 posts

Posted:
thankyou all folk BUT we still neede group insurance and seeing as the show's on thurday that's I'm afraid. What we did was... instead of having ten fire performers, a load of torch beares and a massive fire sculpture which was all in the script ( this was just the fire bit of the show) we are having four fire performers who are being individually insured through Dixon lot and only cos we said we'd raise 200 quid for it. And we have to pay 300 for general insurance anyway.

we're nearly on the verge of saying sod it! let's go to spain where they don't seem to have vast tangles of bureaucratic bollocks to wade through and can get a decent performance together.

Cheerio

I

soup!