lluhmasmember
63 posts

Posted:
Hey!
Star Wars episode 1 was screened on aus TV last night and it inspired me to crack out the electroglo staffs and make a double ended light sabre. I attached them in the middle with a piece of leftover aluminium piping, and am thinking about putting a switch on there somewhere.
But it looks like a lightsabre and im having lots of fun with my new toy.
I want to learn some of those awesome moves darth maug(i think thats his name) pulls off-the guy with the double ended red sabre.
my friend in fire is also building a sabre staff like mine and combined with the switch on the handle when weve completed it are looking to incorporate it into our act (a star wars scene)
Basically that darth guys moves just look like a combination of staff fighting and sword fighting...
twirl on
sam

BAHOOGA! It's the penguin-people!Gertrude, get me my lollypop and we'll lick 'em to death..and?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
An interesting note:
when Star wars Phantom menace premiered in Australia, I was one of the freaks that dressed up in Darth Maul get up with a rare double lightsaber (our group had like 6 diff lightsabers) and ended up on every channel on TV. parents like took their kids to me n shit it was hilarious. My friend Albert Hoffman helped out the visual fx. The point is I had never firetwirled before that and my friend was keen on 'twirling' my lightsaber and lo and behold it was one of the first times i ever seen twirling.
and they lived happily ever after.
'cept for when he realises Jedi are celibate.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
omg, in the trailer for episode II i nearly crapped myself when i saw the scene with the lightsaber duel and on of em had two seprate lightsabers!!!!!

fcuking awesome!!!!

yeah...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Fear the powers of geekdom for theirs is the power to spoil all! Much crying and gnashing of teeth will befall those who will read the entire script before the movie is released on handycam DivX

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
With no axe to grind against Episode one or anything, am i the only one who found that choreography of the fight scene to dissappointing? not very technical, a little slower than it could have been and long slow pauses where each combatant did flips or slow moves where the other should have cut them in half several times over?

Episode II looks like they have put more effort into the fights themselves, as I guess thaths half of the whole movie

*backs away waiting for the faithful to stone me to death tih yoda sayings*

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

lluhmasmember
63 posts

Posted:
No Charles, your right...
You cant say all the flips and etc. werent awesome, I'd love to learn to be able to that - it would bring a whole new dimension to daytime twirling...then you realise they have wires pulling them into the air...(then he wonders if he could learn how to rig up a system like that for use in the night and giggles)...There are lots of moments where one could have cut the other in half, esp. the bit where obi wan or whatever his hame is jumps up from the light and over 'darth maul' to get his sabre...maul coulda easily got him in the guts...
anyway, episode two sounds good - two sabres at once is pretty cool....
but hey, that celibacy thing is pretty scary....maybe when they say 'use the force' they really mean 'use all that pentup sexual frustration you have'...and the scenes deleted include quigon saying to obi wan - 'Obi, is that a light sabre i can feel in my back?...'
::runs and hides with his double sabre to scare off any trekkies hes offended::
::realises they arent trekkies and packs a knife as well ::

BAHOOGA! It's the penguin-people!Gertrude, get me my lollypop and we'll lick 'em to death..and?