tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
ive figured a way to get double wick poi with cathedral heads any one else try this at all i need to know how well it works

¿

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
what you mean using a credit card? Yeah it works well, i order stuff online all the time

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I don't have a pair myself but I have thought of a way to do it.I just need to get my hands on some kevlar.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
they will work real well. cathedral wicks burn better than standard tubular fire poi because their all wick.

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
I made a set of double-wick cathedral fold poi by simply sliding the wick onto aircraft cable and crimping it into place with the standard cable crimp connectors. A little bit tricky to make but very strong and very light. Using this technique you can put as many wick heads on a cable as you'd like. I've been using that set for nearly 2 years now and while the wicking is getting a bit worn and the cable is slightly kinked the hardware seems as strong as the day I made them.

Since then, my preferences have switched from cable and fairly light wick heads to chain and heavier heads, so if I had to do it over again I'd simply get a 3/16 x 8" eye bolt and use that instead.

-p.

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
ive never used cable myself but i do use really heavy chain so it has no possible way it could break since the links are welded together and the eyebolts and the handes are connected with quick links which are just as strong

[ 06. January 2003, 20:33: Message edited by: TIAMAT ]

¿