Forums > Technical Discussion > Making my staff look good during the day??

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey there guys,Just looking for any suggestions to make my staff look cool during the day. I've thought of somehow attatching ribbons to the wicks, but I figure that they'll just get all tangled up and probably aren't that good for the wicks anyway. Have any of you seen those ball things that you throw up in the air that have a triangular stream of material- usually fluro- attatched to them?. I think they look pretty cool but wouldn't have the faintest idea of how to go about making one to go on my staff. The metal part of the whole shebang is already electric blue so there's no problem about colour there, but I just want something to put on the ends so it sorta leaves a trail and looks like it's floating. Don't know if you could help me, but any 'do-it-yourself' suggestions would be much appreaciated 'cause I can't afford to go and buy anything super-doopa from the store!!Cheers, MBAlso, just a little extra for the Aussies out there - Anyone going to Byron in July for that music fest??

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I can't believe you are having to actually ask people this!! creativity is the precurser to individuality - how can people maintain any semblance of uniqueness when even the most simplest thing, such as attaching ribbons to the end of a staff, has to be questioned and given the "okay"!!Sorry to come down on you, but seriously!Go buy a ribbon or whatever (strip of fluro material etc) . tie this ribbon around a rubber band and tie the rubber band around the end of your wick. Repeat procedure for other end. No harm done to your wicks and if you are clever enough to make the ribbon a suitable length for your twirling style, you won't get tangled.sheesh!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
someone else (i dont recall who) mentioned that tin foil looks very nice.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Getting frustrate Flash Fire? grin I agree with you.Anyway. Also you can make little bags out of dayglo material bought at any fabric store and use a drawstring to tie them over your wicks with. Nice and bright.Get creative and use your imagination! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

ToXiC_staffmember
14 posts

Posted:
allo allo..
i just finished puting metre long ribbons (same stuff a kites made of) on the ends of 2 1.2 metre staffs... the staffs are aluminuim so also they are light.. i think they look pretty cool... and i dont smell like kero after playing with them..
its only a problem when i come to throws , like the ribbons wrap around my hands after i let them go..

We live in the land of the long white cloud..
and in the city with the giant cone..
-someone on RDU

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
this is when swivel ends come in handy.
failing that you could lube up your arms..

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ToXiC_staffmember
14 posts

Posted:
hey yo my man..
I would like to re-assemble them with swivels (like from a fishing store) so they dont get wraped up and flow better, but ive found that its all technique with the throws. you just have to make all your movements flow, and then the ribbons just follow suit.
ps. I am especially fond of under the leg moves.

We live in the land of the long white cloud..
and in the city with the giant cone..
-someone on RDU