Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi on the Beach - Brighton Day Trip - 2nd August?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
It summer! And summer time means trips to the seaside!

Ogre has had the spiffing idea of orgaising a trip to Brighton. As a random date we thought August 2nd would be good.

So, who fancies a trip down to Brighton for some spinning and busking (optional) on the beach, followed by hitting the town.

On August 1st there's a big party at S.E. One (see A.A.A. for details) so the idea is after a few hours kip we head to Brighton for the afternoon.

Details!

Ok, it seems I am disorganising this.
Due to everyone partying it's likely that people won't get down there till late. Therefore Ogre and I have set a meeting time of 3pm onwards on the beach by the 'rusty halfpipe'.

For those of you who know Brighton will know what this means. If not walk along the path down on the beach, you'll want to walk to the right of the pier as you're facing it. You'll find a sculpture that looks like a rusy half pipe.

If you plan to make a full day of it then feel free to get there earlier and post earlier meeting plans here.

After a bit of chilling out on the beach we can go and play in the amusement arcades and play my favourite game - Dolphin racing!

For those going by train I recommend meeting in the middle of Victoria station at 13.20 in order to catch the 13:36 train, arriving at 14:30. Direct trains are every half hour and only take about 55 minutes.

From the station getting to the beach is easy, it's a straight road and you can see the sea from the station exit.

For trains back a 10pm train will get you back to London at 23:15. Or the first train in the morning leaves at 6:13am but unfortunately Brighton clubs close at 3/4 am!

For train times Click Here

As always you can try to ring me if you get lost: 07971 698454

[ 31. July 2003, 00:18: Message edited by: Dõm ]

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
It was a brilliant day as expected!

Even if Flid, Alex and UCOF did gang up on me a couple of times

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Brilliant day indeed.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:

me like too...

gots many photos and video me did...namely..

alex
doing doubles sexileeeee
and nyc being sexee while spinning

and some from clapham comming as well...

was a very nice day.

sunny
lovely
happy
huggy

but...

bams and hells?

we saw stuart miles (ex blue peter presenter) sitting opposite us on the train up to
brighton.

that made my day....and the fact that i saw simon cowel (pop idol judge and ex mamager of the spice girls) in the pub over the road from me.

turns out that he is going out with the daughter of the landlord!

turns out that his

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
.. turns out his.. - did you forget to finish the end of the sentace sweet pea?

Lovely to see all of you- sorry I did my usual thing a scarper early - ma blokie was a bit overwhelmed with the ammount of people there and had a full on attack of the shynesses.. - just like me.. it's a wonder we ever met

seen the photos - looked like excellent fun!

take care and all round!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
It wasn't stuart miles ! not sure i can trust it was really Simon Cowel you met either shame he went before i arrived

cheers for the party it was nice to be welcomed with a frij and whiskey and a strawberry after travelling for hours, next time MOW THE LAWN GODDAMIT !

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Mistix...yes...i did totally forget to finish that post...the first time in 2434 posts.

gemma..IT WAS STUART MILES!!! and....do you mean the front or the back grass? and i really really liked that wiskey and frijj. must rememeber that for the future.

afghan_bingoSILVER Member
116 posts

Posted:
hey, is this a one day thing or are you staying overnight?? safe

we were somewhere near barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
or possibly 3 years ago ? wink

Page: