Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi in the Park - Huddersfield - West Yorkshire

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Okey Dokey, it's about time we started a PIP in Huddersfield since there are more spinners emerging round these parts. Now Pk has moved to Edinburgh and Josh and Kate have continued their travels I really need people to play in the summer sun with. Everyone of any spinny level is welcome to come and learn or teach and generally have a great time.

There is a groovy and large park about 5 mins away from the bus station and abou 7 mins from the train staion too.

The Sheffield PIP started with just a couple of spinners and the last one I went to had about 70 and I met some of the most lovely people through it so if you are interested, post here or pm me or email or whatever.

edit* maps and directions are now up on the events section of the new www.poiinthepark.co.uk site by our very own Rasclatt.

Saturday 21st June, by the bandstand at the centre of the park 4pm till bored/cold/run out of fuel/hungry/thirsty/burnt

There is also a new forum for people to break the ice or to find out who they want to steer clear from

hope to see you for a spin
Liam

[ 20. June 2003, 07:17: Message edited by: TEMPEST ]

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
tempest - I don't HAVE any staffs!!!!

(except my extra special 6 foot glowstaff that breaks down into doubles that i am NOT taking cos I don't want the responsibility.....)

I'm a POI spinner, not a staffstress!

but I can always borrow yours!

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I'm willing to do the meet people at the bus station jobby for those who dont know Hudds very well.

Fluffy poimember
38 posts

Posted:
hey folks was really looking forward to this saturday but got a new job and my induction is this sat sos folks hope you all have fun anyway will try to make it if i can fingers crossed

right im off to play with my ball of pink fluff

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Hey, Bells...

As far as I know no one else is travelling from Manchester. Come along though, it would be great to meet you and we'll take good care of ya!

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hi bells, I know Nathdaninja was thinking about coming down and he lives in Manchester but no confirmation from him as yet

My god fairy not bringing anystaffs! You have two electroglo and im sure at least two old firestaffs of a certain fraggle could be taken?

what about a couple of broomsticks...

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I was wandering around Huddersfield yesterday and in the Kingsgate centre I saw sum brooms with leopard prints on em... pwetty... mite buy n convert 2 staff.

KelliBRONZE Member
50 posts

Posted:
hi im from tamworth too.

i havent been spinning long but am really interested in meeting up with people to learn new things. I have only just found out about this meet and it is probly a bit late for me to make any arrangements.

<--- me disappointed!

if any one has any suggestions, please contact me

luv kelli

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Not too late.

It's never too late.

NEVER!!!....

Jo.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
yup, its definatley not too late quite yet Kelli

I can't see any reason why there won't be some more though. On that note, are Saturdays or Sundays best for people?

Just thought public transport would be more available on a Saturday, say what is best for you guys, its only one bus for me anyway.

Link added to first post for the new PIP forums and maps and directions to the Huddersfiled park too

Liam

Gingerninjamember
20 posts

Posted:
I would love to come the PIP hudds. can i come? can i? huh?

Even under it's burden, the soul awakes and sings. - C.A.Sainte-Beuve

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hey Miss G

you can only come to poi in the park if....

1. you have intentions to spin stuff and possibly enjoy yourself

2. bring me prezzies

or

3. erm, have two or more toes in total?

Yeah, were an elite bunch, toes and all.

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Thanks to all that came, and to Tempest for organising.

Twas fun!

Jo.

cornetmember
11 posts

Posted:
Sorry I couldn't make it.. Didn't get back till today

Any plans for another one ?

Cornet

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Right some of you have no excuses cos Anthea turned up from Birmingham! Hah!
I hope theres a next time.

Fluffy u comin agen?

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
no worries cornet, there should be plenty more to play with.

It was good to meet you two Anthea and Natalie, even if I was crap at remembering your names .

Same goes out to you Helen, good to meet you

I had a great time spinning with you guys and I promise to grab my battery on the way out next time so my camera is usefull

Also I think we should start it a little later in the summer as it takes a while to get dark - maybe 5 or 5.30?

and to meeting new spinners

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I hope certain people I invited showed up, turns out Bianca was camping somewhere doing a solstice celebration... she promised as well.. wasnt chuffed.
Hope Anthea n Natalie can come again, its a right trek from there.

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:
Tempest

Thanks for arranging Hudders PIP , i can't believe i've met such cool people . I must say i was a bit scared of driving all that way as i have only being driving 8 months and have never been on the motoway i am quite proud of myself.

i will be back up Hudders for the next one with my poi & my broomstick staff. Tempest, i watched you teaching my sister and when i got home i started to practice twirling my broom stick.

I am an Angel

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Hey Anthea, pleasure to meet you, didn't realise that you and Natalie were sisters though.

So it looks like another PIP hudds is on the cards then. What would be a good date for you guys taking into account that the Gods Kitchen global gathering is taking place on the 26th of july.

Maybe we could have the Hudds PIP early on in the month so it didn't clash with the Sheffield one too, might even get more numbers that way.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Good idea... I'm lookin forward.. unless u dont want me there at all Tempest?

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Nobody actually said when they want the next one to be so what about either Saturday 19th of July or Saturday 2nd August?

Start about 5.30.

Any contributions towards the batteries for Jo's power guzzling music machine would be gratefully appreciated - if everyone puts a quid in, that will be plenty.

Tunes would be a good idea too as I like other things tro drum and bass too

Angel_Xpressmember
55 posts

Posted:
Hello Tempest

How was Glastonbury

Hudders PIP 19th July sounds good (just before Global Gathering ohh i just found out im going on my jack jones )

im not sure if nat is coming though and i will bring some tunes.

See you soon bye bye

I am an Angel

KelliBRONZE Member
50 posts

Posted:
hopefully i will be able to make it to this one.

yay for me !!!!!!!!

either date is good i think

kelli

Fluffy poimember
38 posts

Posted:
hey folks had fun last time whens the next one gonna be havent bought my fire poi yet but i get paid next week just in time by all accounts hope to see you there snowy you coming again hope your all ok

right im off to play with my ball of pink fluff

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Sounds good.

Jo.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yo. Werd on the street is that you mofo's throw a slammin' poi in the park. I'll certainly try my best to make it up there when I'm over next month. You guys come highly recommended.

Plus I can get my Jo Derry poster signed while I'm there.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Get with the times man, I got myself the Jo mouse mat and Mr Derry coffe mug

Saturday the 19th of July at the Bandstand again then guys, 5.30 onwards.

Bring parrafin, friendly attitude, tunes, munchies and all the toys you can carry. Believe it or not we have some more huge toys of death to enhance our night again from Jo's 'damn ugly but practical fire toys workshop'

cornetmember
11 posts

Posted:
Cool, should be there this time

Cornet

fredfishmember
1 post

Posted:
hi, soooo not fair - i haven't played poi 4 ages and i'm not around on the 19th of july i'm in bham 4 graduation/ball...
hopefully next month...
i really want to meet with poi spinning people and learn new stuff - i don't mind teaching people ...

Vanessa
ps thx for your email Tempest

fredfish

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
BUMP!

KelliBRONZE Member
50 posts

Posted:
hey every body

is every thing still on for saturday ?

just checking as huddersfield is a long way for me.

thanx

kelli

Page: