adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I recently was contacted by Vladimir Khrustalev of "MR Performers Agency" (https://www.mrperformersagency.com). The message said "We found you on a web listing of performers and would like to invite you to add your profile to our website," and I'm guessing it is this website in particular.

Anyone else hear from these folks?

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

swiftythefireguymember
61 posts

Posted:
yeah i got that one to i am sending them a tape sounds kinda neat eh! this performers data base thats here seems to be paying off

any more news on dubai

dont ever ask me whta time it is ?where are we? or are we there yet? because the time is now!we here !and we wil never be there !

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
No reply, or stamped self addressed envelope. I've asdked for these latest guys to do the same as the UAE people.

So far, these guys haven't even replied to my email yet...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Warning! The person who has been emailing me has used two different email addresses so far, none of them ending with @mrperformersagency.com.

I've sent the following email to the main address on the website to see if this request is legit or if someone is just scamming to get routines they can rip off...

quote:
To whom it may concern.

I have been in email contact with someone claiming to be from your organisation who is requesting video tapes of my performances.

Originally it seemed strange to me that they were using an @earthlink address and now their reply is from pacbell.net.

At this point, I am beginning to guess it is someone trying to use your name and site to collect performance videos for some bizarre reason known only to themselves.

Hopefully, I am wrong, in which case, my earlier request of a stamped, self addressed envelope large enough to fit a video tape is my condition for sending promotional material overseas.

I look forward to hearing from you, and finding out my concerns are misplaced.

Have a great day.

Charles Dolbel - Corporate Entertainer
(Fire Performing, Juggling, Unicycling, Balloon Sculpting)
Auckland
New Zealand

newdolbel@hotmail.com

>From: MR Performers Agency
>To: Charles Dolbel
>Subject: Re: [Fwd: Charles Dolbel from Auckland, New Zealand :-)]
>Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 20:43:43 -0700

Subject: you
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 18:23:51 -0700
To: newdolbel@hotmail.com

Dear Performer,

MR Performers Agency is a talent booking agency looking for quality performers like you for our website!

We found you on a web listing of performers and would like to invite you to add your profile to our website:

www.mrperformersagency.com

You can sign up online for free by going to our site and clicking "add profile"

As you will see, we have a wide variety of performers from all over the world. We book professional individuals, acts, and shows for all types of performances including: circuses, trade shows, corporate events, theme parks, TV commercials, and others.

If you decide to sign up on our website, please send us tapes and pictures of your performances soon so we can prepare your profile for presentation to our clients.

We look forward to working with you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Vladimir Khrustalev
Steve Matuszeski

Mail tapes (VHS, PAL, SECAM, mini DV, any format!) and pictures to:

MR Performers Agency Phone: (310) 659-3384
8500 Wilshire Blvd Ste 902 Fax: (310) 659-4385
Beverly Hills, CA 90211 Email:

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
adam, swifty, Charles,

ok, this is in our backyard. scanned their site, thanks for posting the url, Charles.

i'll phone them up next week and tell you what i learn. ah, the Hollywood style. (* sigh/ grin *)

i've posted more about them, mainly a synopsis of what's to be found on their site, if anyone's curious for a quickie profile, in our SoCal thread for now.

"bay-beeee! (drawling Russian accent, of course) yooo ahrr eh shtar!"

~ Mike

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
adam, swifty, Charles,

my apology for being late on this matter. i'm still setting up our updated website version, which i'd like to be in place before phoning this agency, since the first thing we'd naturally do is trade online addresses, since they operate so heavily that way.

i will phone them as promised this coming week, i expect, after the site's smooth again.

any news from each of you about MR Performers Agency?

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
No reply from either party, the apparent pretender or the legit company.

I really thought they would have replied to an email saying that someone was trying to impersonate them...oh well, I guess they just don't care

After looking at the site, the names the guy who emailed was using are all easily found in their contact details, I'm pretty sure its the same scam as the UAE twit.

Little gimp!

[ 27 October 2002, 19:47: Message edited by: Charles (INFERNO) ]

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Yup, got one too.
Nope, there was no reply from any of the addresses I went to (earthlink, pacbell, or the main site addy).
Not that I have a video taped routine to send them, but I was curious to see what their resume had to say, in so much as, who they represent and for what shows.
Swifty, if I were you I would be more leary of sending out my material. Do a little research into those who do submit email requests from you. Trust me, it is worth it in the end.

I think that while Fireperformers.com is a great thing, that I have gotten alot of false offers/crap from it as I have legit offers. *shrug* I suppose it is the price one pays for publicizing in such a way.

As for Dubai, the offer I received from the Emerites did not include Dubai, but it did include an awful lot of rules, restrictions and overall extreme comprimises that I am not willing to take.

I think I will stick with my self-promotion techniques....after all, they have worked so far!

(Hi Adam! Hi Charles! I miss "talking" with you two!)

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Pele, ( * grin * )

since UAE & Dubai are quasi-more liberal than many of their neighbors, but must respect their neighbors' sensibilities so they'll come in rich tourist droves (with up to 20 wives at a time like Sheik Yamani when he travels - no, j/k, i saw Sheik Yamani, the former Saudi oil minister and Harvard Business School grad speak live once, and only 3 or 4 of his gorgeous wives sat front row - and that's the truth, all the other HBS males in the audience were sooooo jealous). . .

well, Pele, i think you'd look lovely and move with such grace, spinning poi in a full-body burkha, with one-way gauze for your eyes to see your fireheadz. . . you'll absolutely stun them how you miss flamegrazing your draping robe. . . oh, and a . . . heh heh. . . straw. . . to blow fire without showin your scandalous so-sensual lips, darlin Lynnie

with all my love,

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Yeah, Mikie...

The Flamin' Pele Act: Done Once, But With Alot Of Flare!!!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
oooh, Pele, i like that.

quote:
Originally posted by Charles (INFERNO):
No reply from either party, the apparent pretender or the legit company.
no reply yet through FireMike either. one last apology for my slowness in phoning them up, then i'll shut up here until i deliver, and that i will do. recognizing i'm in a stage of much catching up these few months rather than weeks, however, i'll spare you a ETA until i land, so my word on dates can firm itself back into meaningful power when i can speak dates on my promises reliably.

with burning love for the burn to share, and ever more than before,

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US