Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > S.diego, north, and orange county rollcall

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
okay i just want to get an idea of how many of us there are here int the southern cal area. leave your name and contact info here.

i am also wanting to set up a big BBQ and spin session on the beach at my house so everyone let me know if you would like to make it. i am planning on doing it about the 17 of august. please let me know if you are interested, and how many other fire people you can round up to go to this. i want this to be huge...

anyone got a light?

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
OMG it's only a little more than a week away!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
cant wait lady!!
i found some kevlar here in san diego at seaport village. at a magic shop it was five bucks for a piece about 3 feet long. but i needed it. i lost my poi...

anyone got a light?

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Kevlar in San Diego? Sweet. But $5 for 3 feet? In the HoP shop it's $10. Wow. That's actually reasonably priced. Plus there's no shipping.

1,325 posts

Posted:
YaY! A week till' Nyx come down! *jumps around on his knees* (ouch...) Can't wait Nyx!!

More poi people in San Diego

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
good to know that there is kevlar available there...just in case my wicks get confiscated on the plane or something! You lost yours pozee? Must have been a crazy weekend indeed! BTW pozee, did you get that e-mail or was it another no-go?
*goes back to stuffing things in luggage*

~Charles Baudelaire

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
yeah lady i did get the e-mail you sent along with the picture. yay!!! okay i think i was wrong about the length of the kevlar, but nonetheless there is some in san diego. it is the 2 and a half inch kind. i cant wait to see you either nyx. its going to be a great time. if you would like i can take you to the caves where we spun poi. i think yu would love it...

anyone got a light?

1,325 posts

Posted:
Hey Pozee, check your PM's.

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
Ooooooooo....caves...... sounds wild!

~Charles Baudelaire

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i know you only have one day really nyx, but if you like we can go there and do some dancing. oh and i had to make the first and 100th reply on this thread. cant wait to see ya...

anyone got a light?

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
I'm game for anything, pozee. Caves, malls, whatever. Although I just watched this thing on Discovery last night about sharks and surfers so i might not take you up on the surfing thing heheh....
I suppose we'll play it by ear and see what the weather is.....or is it always sunny there, like i hear?
Aren't you working that day?

~Charles Baudelaire

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
yeah i am working, but i surf when i get home. my roommate i am sure would be happy to show you around the town a bit. not sure if dulce is working or not you might be able to cruise around with her during the day. we will figure it out and have a lot of fun i guarantee it.

for everyone else on this thread. the party for the 17th is going to have to be cancelled. i have to work all weekend so i wont really be home. sorry if i have spoiled anyones plans. i will make it up to you all i promise...

anyone got a light?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Your roommate?!? Gee did the whole world forget that I exist?? Heck I have chainmaile haltertop to give her. Though the 14th will be one of those days when I am unsure of when I will get off. I have no problem taken you around town. I dont know any caves (save the one I work in) but malls I do know. They aint indoor like the ones out east but they are good none the less.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

2,905 posts

Posted:
I am going to try to take those 3 days off, take some leave. Ehh I need to get out of the armory for a few days.

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
Yay! Ray's taking a few days off! Sorry Ray, i'm NOT wearing the haltertop all around town! Well, maybe for a little while! Do I have to come to your...whatever you call it... (platoon?) and model it for all the marines? Oh darn LOL at that picture!
Can't wait!! Hope you all can keep up with me...

~Charles Baudelaire

1,325 posts

Posted:
Eep! Canceled? Ok. Then um. Err... we need to think of a good date for another one!

Since people were good on the 17th. How about somewhere aroudn then? Maybe the 20th? or the 18th?

2,905 posts

Posted:
Nyx if you want you can come to the armory and show off for those guys but they are all married, I am like the only single guy there hehe. any hoo you dont need to wear it all day, though I would like to see you spin fire in it. I dont have much money only $85 so I am afraid that rules out sea world. But I can show your PB and a few other places. If we were back in New Mexico I could show you the best view of Albuqueruqe there is, but I dont know of many cool vantage points of San Diego. Ohh well we can explore the city together. Any hoo see you tuesday!!

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
quote:
seriously san diego is like cursed. we couldn't organize a good event if it killed us.
Hey, Spanky! What about the spin pozee's getting together the night I get there?! What am i, chopped marmite on toast?!

And Ray, don't worry hon, i don't need to see sea world And I have a bit of a sightseeing budget of my own and i know we'll have fun no matter what we end up doing!
Yay!! only a couple more days till my plane leaves!!!

~Charles Baudelaire

1,325 posts

Posted:
For malls to goto, might I recommend Fashion valley, Mission Valley, or Horton Plaza.

Fashion valley is 2 stories tall and pretty long walk to go all the way around.

Mission Valley (don't remember it well, just know it has a Wizards of the Coast and Hot Topic). Also has in case you're in the mood for a movie a pretty nice theater.

Horton Plaza what? 6 floors tall? If you want a tall and utterly confusing place to go. That's for you.

University Town Center (or for those of you that are the fancy type people, Towne). Ice skating rink, good food (McDonnalds, Burger King, I think there's a Hot Dog on a Stick in the food court too. And if you've got a craving for Chinese food there's a shop there too).

And that's only the malls.
Balboa Park. Lotta San Diego history. The San Diego World Famous Zoo, and Sea World. (but that's I guess out of the budget).

Fun fun
Kinudin

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
yep there is all kinds of stuff to do. science center, surfing, gambling, hiking, spelunking, legoland, disneyland, wild animal park, san diego zoo, you can even see the place that me and raymond went to boot camp at. all within a 30 to 45 minute drive. so i am sure there will be no short of things to do. hope you have a safe trip, ill be in yellow.

sorry about the 17th being cancelled everyone, we will definately plan a better one though. i think maybe next time if i get enough RSVP's i wil try and get a DJ to give us a bit of music to play to. there is really more and more people coming online and meeting up with us every day...

anyone got a light?

2,905 posts

Posted:
Yep I want to show Nyx the depot but thats all I want to do, the rest is up to her!! It is her vacation her time in San Diego, so I will show her what she wants to see.

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
*taking a break from jumping up and down on my suitcase*

Right now the only thing i can think about is how the hell am i going to lug all this crap between 6 airplanes?!!! What a pain in the ass but there's really nothing to be done about it.... 3-week vacations on the other side of the country where you're camping most of the time requires a lot of stuff! LOL, my main suitcase probably weighs almost the same as me and that's not even the one with the tent in it! Oh well..
PORTER! I think those guys are federal employees, right? Cause in other countries you can't get away from them, all wanting to transport your stuff for a couple bucks, but here you can never find them! *sigh* I'll stop ranting now After all, it's alllll gonna be worth it!
Pozee, i figure i'll give you a call on Tuesday afternoon before I get on the plane to San Diego, cool?

~Charles Baudelaire

1,325 posts

Posted:
There's those SmartCarte's that you can put quarter's into. Might wanna check those out.

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
Huh? The what? What the heck is that?

~Charles Baudelaire

1,325 posts

Posted:
I only know that their in the San Diego airport. You should ask a tennant or someone at the exit of the tunnel way into the terminal about them.

I've only used them once and their a load of help.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
hey lady,
yeah give a call when you are on the way. the smart cartes that kinudin is talking about are like big shopping carts made for suitcases and stuff. they usually have them in most airports by the baggage claim. they do help out immensely. see ya soon and have a safe trip...

anyone got a light?

1,325 posts

Posted:
Phew. Thanks Pozee. And I thought I was going insane.

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, i know what those are.I just call em luggage carts tho....now if they were REALLY smart they would go get the luggage and put it where you tell it to

~Charles Baudelaire

2,905 posts

Posted:
WOHOO Got the 14th off and didnt even have to take leave, I love the air wing!!! So where you wanna go Nyx? I should have your halter top nearly finished, I am having my friends wife make the straps out of hemp. I hope your not allergic or nothing, not that I have ever herd of anyone being allergic to hemp hehe.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Somebody let me know for sure ASAP:

IS TUESDAY night NYX arrival gathering on at South Shores?

Orange County OrangeFire crew was about to contact our list and see who was up to drive down...i see the bigger 17th party is postponed indefinitely for now

i'm goin offline for a bit, so wanted to leave this question, will check my e-mails too, will check this thread later when i get back on, maybe in just an hour or two, if there IS a 13th party, had wanted to send an e-mailing before today's end-of-workday at about 5 PM

thanx

~ Mike

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

2,905 posts

Posted:
Yes there is a party on the 13th!!!! Pozee was thinking about those caves he was at!! So I will tell his lasey butt to post directions and what not

Page: