Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone,

We have realised how slack we have been, the weather has been fantastic and we have been going to lots of festivals and free parties and not getting round to having a regular poi meet.

So here are plans :

Monday Nights 10.00 pm in Queens Square, Bath.

we will probably make it a little earlier once it starts to get dark earlier

It would be good to see anyone that is in the area and feel free to contact me if you need more info/directions etc.

My Mobile : 07870 606552

Mark P

PS Forgot to say first one will be this Monday 29th July

[ 16 September 2002, 21:52: Message edited by: Mark P ]

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Is this going to be a regular thing cause I will be back in bristol in a few weeks time and it

would be good to meet up with some people.

[garbo]

be excellent to each other: safe:

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Yes Garbo,

We have been meeting fairly regularly but not on any specific day so we are going to try and meet every Monday night now and probably do some other nights as well.

Hope to see you out in Bath soon,

Mark P

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
*BUMP*

Just thought I would bump this one as the first meeting is tonight @ 10.30pm

We do meet at other times (whenever possible basically!) so feel free to give us a shout if you cant make the Monday night meeting but would like to meet up and have a spin sometime.

Mark P

maggiemember
12 posts

Posted:
Hey Mark do you know of any local gigs/music events ,partys etc that you and other people go to to twirl ??

cheers maggie

Poi Twirling Maggie

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Maggie,

I try and make it along to as many free parties and festivals as possible, I work most Fri and Sat nights in a nightclub in Bath but I still make it to free parties in Bristol and Bath after work.

This Saturday (3rd Aug) there is a free party in Bristol that I am going to, I will be meeting Chloe (another fire twirler) there and there are bound to be a few other spinners
*EDIT* Cancelled due to Police busts at Last 2 Parties

Friday the 16th of August, I have the night of work as it is my birthday and we are having cocktails at a mates house, there are qute a few of us that do fire and there is also a fairly big park outside where we will be engaging in some fun and frolics throughout the night - You are welcome to come along as is anyone else that is around Bath and would like to have a bit of a spin with us.

It would be good to see you out at some stage,

Mark P

[ 01 August 2002, 01:14: Message edited by: Mark P ]

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Wahey - I finally worked out how to use the events calander thingy - go me Even appeared in the newsletter I got this morning (thanks Malcolm )

Next meeting is tonight if anyone is around then I will see you there and if you need directions/a floor to sleep on then contact me. (see above )

Mark P

[ 06 August 2002, 00:04: Message edited by: Mark P ]

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Do you work in that club called Poo Na Na's (sp) Mark? I know a guy that was working there for a while called James.

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Pyrophile,

I work in a club called T's if you head up the river from poonana's it is down under the bridge that goes over just above the weir

Mark P

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Folks,

Thanks to everyone who turned up on Monday and made it a brilliant night! - 6 person firebreathe was a first for me and made a really impressive firebreathe!

It was quite a shock to go from our usual 5-6 people to 40+ After the amazing turn out last Monday we are ready to go again this Monday

Time has moved to 10.00pm as it is getting dark a little earlier.

I will not be able to make it this week as I am in Warwick giving a talk (which I am currently trying to write!) but the rest of the usual suspects will be there.

Mark P (trying to think of ways to get out of this conference )

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Damn, and I thought that this was a load of peeps getting together in a bath - Screwitt I'm going home....lol

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

DrJonBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
Monday was more than a little bit mad! Can't complain though!

I'm not sure if the hotel over the road were too pleased about the drummers, but Ithaca spoke to the police and the council, and they are happy to leave us to it

See you all next Monday!

Dr Jon

Jimmember
24 posts

Posted:
40 people & drummin!! Sounds mad. I had the night off work as well but was too fucked to make it down!

Have to try make it for next week, anyone travellin down from Bristol?

Its a fish!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Jim,

I wont be there this week as I am in Warwick giving a talk but I will be there the week after.

Mark P

DrJonBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
OK, MarkP can't make it but the rest of us will be there tonight.

Maybe some Bristol HoP people will make it over?

DrJon

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
mutters something under breath about *cough*GOD DAMN CONFERENCE AND TALK!*cough*

. o O (oops I forgot to mutter there)

Hope you all have fun tonight at least I will get the chance to enjoy a free bar

Mark P

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
heh guys
hopefully gonna make it over 2 bath from bristol on monday 16th(?) and will be driving probably got 2 spaces if any1s interested - and ill be taking a whole load of cheap kevlar and new toys (25mm kevlar rope poi!!) 2 sell aswell
if any1 needs a lift or any of that stuff give me an email
also any1 going 2 the jugling convention in bristol?

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Rob,

Will be great to see you over if you can make it on monday

What are the prices and sizes on Kevlar - I am possibly interested in either some rope or some large kevlar.

Cheers,

Mark P

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
After the weather stopped play last week (BTW it was fine weather where I was up in Warwick ) we are looking good for tonight

Hope to see as many as can make it out,

Mark P