Page:
Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Everyone is allowed onto the site from 7pm on thursday the 20th until 7am on friday the 21st.
We should be allowed to stay on the carpark untill 1 ish.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
I was thinking of coming but I am working on the Thursday night so I will have to try and hitch that way at about 2.30 am.

Woody will be going along with quite a lot of our friends - but however be warned : they dont like fire so get your glow toys out

Mark P

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
I believe he means the Stonehenge National Trust and Police don't like fire, not my mates

Not a good idea to anoy the police and authorities at Stonehenge. The Battle of the Bean Field resulted last time......

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Last year there were loads of fire spinners, unless they were mirages brought on by hours of motorway driving.
But seriously your right it's never a good idea to piss off Stonehenge authorities not only beause of the Battle of the Beanfield but also because of the Druids. It's important to remember that it is a sacred site and we follow the rules in order to maintain access to it.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I got alot of interest in stonhenge on many levels. Firstly, I'm a human being, and its a site of our heritage. Not in a protected sites kind of way, but as in its part of our international heritage. Secondly, I'm Pagan, thirdly,I'm an archeaolgy student with a specific interest in neolithic/chalcolithic/bronze age transition. Stonehenge was a product of all three of these periods. And also as a firespinner, its the best time and place in the world to spin. I'll be there, as always Infact, stonehenge is the reason I started spinning, or led me to start spinning. So its quite an event for me. Anyone want to meet up down in the heart of wessex?

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Me and some fire buddies will be there. We can arrange to meet up. Being an archeaolgy student must be pretty interesting, good career too.

[ 30 May 2002, 22:46: Message edited by: Wikkaman ]

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
wahoo - I have the Thursday night of fnow so I will be there somewhere with fire in tow

Hope to meet some of you there,

Mark

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Ok, who wants to suggest where to meet?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Ill be there with any luck, sounds a little sad about the fire regs tho...

Love

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
hey wikkaman, if u want to meet, I'll have a few spinners with me too, send us an email or something and we can sort out meeting. Plus if anyone wants to go to any of the free parties in the surrounding area afterwards, let me know, and we can try and sort something out, as I have a freind who lives close by that might not mind a tent or two in his back garden

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
indeed i do have plenty of tentage and a garden to abuse ... and if that's not enough theres more woodland to camp in than you can shake a stick at. or a staff. and i'm only just the other side of salisbury from stonehenge (well i will be then anyway).
so as long as there's not TOO many people suddenly turning up unexpected (i don't know who else will be at home then) you're all welcome.
as long as you like dogs.

wherever you go, there you are.

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Sounds good.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
OK, between 7-9 at the slaughterstone sound good? alternatively, If people mail me I'll give them my mobile number (But the damn thing is going to be switched off asap!). Right parafin, check, firestaff, check. Who has the hallucinogens?

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
cool Spiral,

see you there intoxicants good but not too much as I have to open up at work on Friday night

if we miss the slaughter stone meeting then I am sure we can just meet up by heading for people with fire toys in hand

Mark

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
I hate to be a party pooper but shouldn't we consider the fact that the English Heritage web site says no fire but they might not really mean it you never know, as i did see people spinning firey stuff last year.
But I dont wanna be indirectly or directly responsible for the access to the stones stopped next year.
So to be safer than sorry i am going to bring DIY glow equipment to transform my fire staff and still be fire ready if we are able to spin proppa.

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
don't worry wikkaman. i've lived in the area for 25 years and i can assure you it really doesn't matter unless you are unfortunate enough to be accosted by an unusually arsey steward.

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Okey Dokey then, see you there.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I was figuring to put some parrafin in empty lemonade bottles, and scoping out what went on. I think by fire they did mean like bonfires and stuff. There was a load of nose up their arse drummers last year with f*cking great big torches waving about and stuff, as well as the firedancers, and I think even the druids lit a big fire (but they think they own the place anyhow's). So camoflauged kerosene, and lets see what happens, is the plan of attack methinks.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
ok then, has anyone got any tips as to how we try and camoflague two 20l jerrycans?

Answers on a postcard . . .

Mark P

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Ermmmm...... say you drink an awful lot of water?

anyways, I'm of to wander the highways and byways of the UK for a few weeks, I'll be leaving on sunday or monday, but all of my belonings that I cant take on my back are going into storage. Unfortunately that means I probably wont have the internet for those two weeks. I really hope we can all meet up at the henge.... (even though, strictly speaking, stonehenge ISN'T acctually a henge! but who am I to argue?)

If anybody wants to get in touch about meeting up, or anything like that, the best oppertunity will be on my mobile phone, 0781703853.

peace to everybody, hopefully, I'll find some peace myself too

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Happy wandering Spiral,
Will definately be in touch about hooking up at Stonehenge.
Have a good journey and I will meet you at the Henge.
Regards.

AlienfoxSILVER Member
130 posts

Posted:
Just got friday off work. Nice!

Will see you all there.

Big Love
Alienfox

p.s.
Spiral - Who has the hallucinogens?
Well I think you'll find I do. And I think you'll find that they are legal.

- Alienfox -

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
wikkaman (and whoever else it might help) ... if you e-mail me (lazy_rider@hotmail.com) before arriving in salisbury i should be able to show you where you want to go / direct you to a pub / get you a spot for the tent etc.
if it's getting urgent then phone me on 01725 510758 (only after sunday 16th) but be warned: i often ignore the telephone

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Oooh..a fire night at Stonehenge sounds amazing..would love to come but unfortunately I'm on the other side of the world right now. Hope you all have a fantastic night!XXOO from Australia

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

DizMr Dizzy....
154 posts

Posted:
Sun Up 04:50, Is everyone who's going, gonna be there Thursday evening as well as Friday Morning for some spinning Fun?

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
A Fortune Cookie

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Thats the plan - Stones open @ 7pm on Tursday evening, doubt I will make it before dark but I will be there for the duration

anniesparksmember
17 posts

Posted:
Just thought you might like to know;

An article in the recently out Festival Eye magazine re the Summer Solstice at Stonehenge this year says;

"It is hoped this year to have two extra areas of focus, a poetry 'stage' and fire show area making it easier for activities to spread away from the Stone Circle itself - leaving room for more people to enjoy moving in and out of this very special space"

So, from the sound of this, there should be no problems with using fire.

anniesparks

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Anniesparks, you are a very helpfull wealth of infomation.

AlienfoxSILVER Member
130 posts

Posted:
And putting Fuel in lemonade bottles sound like a good way to poison your friends!

Or introduce them to fire breathing

- Alienfox -

Jimmember
24 posts

Posted:
Nice to meet so many people at the solstice. Cant remember any names but nevermind! Bit pissed off the stewards didnt let me onto the site carrying my staff, especially since when I got in quite a few people seemed to have been allowed to bring staffs in with them ( something not right there )

Gotta get me two of those electroglo staffs, inspire me to learn double staff.

Mark, hope you still got my staff I left in Woody's car. Feel free to chack it out, and I'll call you soon about meeting up for a bit of a spin. Gotta go to Portsmouth for a week or two, but I'll be back in Bristol by the beginning of july, so treat my baby with care!

Its a fish!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Jim,

Yep I have your staff safely secured with all my toys, off to Glasto on wednesday so I will have to meet you soon after that.

Had a fantastic time at the stones and am far too excited about Glastonbury already

Mark

Page: