Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > London - Summer Spinnin' - Now Every Sunday!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Summer Spinnin'
Sunday chillin and spinnin in the sunshine
Every Sunday
Clapham Common

4pm until afterdark
Contact number for Dom: 07971 698454

After the beautiful success of PiP5 we're delighted to help keep the energy flowing through into the future. With regular events we hope more people can benefit from gatherings of kindred spirits. PiP has returned home to the North where they spin come rain or snow or shine! So, please welcome - Summer Spinnin'

If your can please bring your friends for chatting, toys for playing, blankets for sitting, cakes for eating, something for music & beats, and fire! These days are what you make of them, so bring what you expect to find.

Where exactly? Just a few paces west of the bandstand at the centre of the common is a lovely area where curvy ground, trees and bushes will shelter you from the rest of the world while letting you have enough room to play. Here's a map. Nearest tube is Clapham Common, and Clapham Junction train station is only a short stroll away.

Why Clapham Common? Because lots of people live nearby Also it's near central London, is very easy to get to, isn't too big to get lost in, has a lovely area for us, and it isn't a proper park, so the rules are not so strict.

Wasn't this every fortnight? Yes, it was, but this is proving popular and I'm hoping that as a weekly event people who were busy on the previous dates will be able to attend. This is also now the only organised, late night fire spinning session in London.

Why Sunday? Because on Saturday people tend to be busier. What's better than finishing a weekend off by relaxing in the park!

For more information email myself or Glass, depending upon whether you prefer blondes or brunnettes

There are also plans and ideas for a larger event of the summer, but you'll have to wait to see what becomes of that.

Sunshine and smiles to all
Dom

---------
Summer spinnin' had me a blast.
Summer spinnin' happened so fast.
Summer days spinnin' away to those summer nights....

[ 06 August 2002, 03:49: Message edited by: Dom ]

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
THANK YOU DOM! It really was a lovely day! Although there could have been a few more people show up...where were you guys? Only good excuses excepted!
Anyway, I had a wonderful time. And I took loads of photos too (which I will get developed a.s.a.p) Looking forward to the next one (already?)...see ya'll there! (no excuses this time, you gotta come out to play!) te he!

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
i'm there i'm there

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hey dom or glass mail me some dates comin over the next few weeks for this whole london thing... i am coming down for a weekend with nat but some dates would be kewl so i can arrange some stuff... cant wait can you?> lol

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
oh man,

I don't know nuffin, ask dom, he has a brain, but he is in france with cass,
I'll mail you next week, when this beautiful nightmare will be over...
I was planning to come to sheffield very soon.

Be cool yall
Drew

AlienfoxSILVER Member
130 posts

Posted:
Have some kool video from the 16th. Will pull out some pic's and videos and post put them up some time next week.

Alienfox

- Alienfox -

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hey PK!

As far as I know the next one is 7 July and a lot of people intend to be there.

It would be great to see you and Orange if you can drag him along.

C@ntus? Are you coming?

Cheers,
C

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
So just to confirm there is not a gathering on the 30th?

Does this have anything to do with the world cup?

Although the 7th is better for me as I am working on the 30th!

Anyways looking forward to seeing everyone again, and I hope all those who were not there last sunday 'cause of exams, will make it for the next one.

Dave

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
September 1st I will be there! Can't make it until then. Don't bond too much without me guys....mwa!

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Hallo! If ya check the start of this thread you'll notice 7th of July is the next one. 30th is Glastonbury weekend, and I wouldn't want people having fun without me! Although I may not actually be there on the 7th as I might be at The Big Chill, whatever that is.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Hey, well me and Justine shall go to the 7th one - well i havent asked Justine yet but...i'm sure she will go!

Justine's attached to her flags. she wont let go of them!! so no doubt she'll be bringing them!

See you all then,
Love Alice xxx

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
7th - Cool beans, I'll have to be there depending on how bad my comedown is from the night before.
Oooo and I'll bring a friend if she's not due back in Portsmouth till late Monday.....
Can't wait to meet some of u peeps......

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
whoopwhoopspleedyfloop
this sunday, should be good, Have to skip off for an hour to catch some roller skates. Take down an exhibition and move house.
Don;t know where too.
tee hee.
but I'll be there all the rest of the time.
Dom any chance I could kip on your floor, then I could stay late
It'll be grand.
Drew

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
:bump:

Sunday 6th July. The weather is not supposed to be too good, but hopefully we'll be as lucky as we usually are.

(God) loves Poi people!

C

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
bump!
The sunday weather in London is looking betterer, so come along! The weather over by the Big Chill is a lot worse, so am I glad that I got out of that one at the last minute so I could spend Sunday evening with all you lovely, lovely spinners! See you there!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Dom,

Was good to see you at Glasto

Won't be able to make London this weekend but I will keep it in mind for one of the future Sundays )

Mark P

PS I have managed to crack the shoulder stall from forwards to reverse but I still cant get my head round the opposite direction at the moment!

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
hey so see you all on Sunday, 4pm-roughly, me and Justine are going out on Saturday so we probably need the morning and afternoon too recover.
See you all there, i shall bring some food. and maybe remember a blanket this time
someone pray for sun.
Love
Alice
xxxxxxx

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
any more dates for london spinning? I got all confuddled and seem to have misplaced my marbles but would love to come spinning in London at some point. Someone tell me where / when ?? pleeease?

t/y.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Lovely day yesterday. Weather was crap so turn out was small but very friendly! Lots of chatting, spinning, and no rain thankfully! Cool!

Ros. Look at the first post on page one for Summer Spinnin dates. Regular(ish) events now on every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. No big, big event coming up that's extra special.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
thank you.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
Hey Dom, thanx again for another lovely day
Nice meeting new and wonderful people, but where are the regulars
Anyway it was a lovely day and me looking forward to seeing you all again
Peace, love and Light
*Touch*

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Hey, thanks everyone who was there me and Justine enjoyed it!
thanks Dom for the flashey things! Me and Justine couldn't stop playing with them.
See you all at the next Summer swinging, or at reclaim the beach if anyone is going there.
Love Alice xXxXxX

Kamamember
19 posts

Posted:
Thanxs for lovely time on sunday.
love Vj & Kama
xxx

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
This thread seemed to be have forgotten about so..... who's coming on Sunday?

BurnsBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
Unfortunatly we will not be able to make it this time , off to Pembrokeshire climbing ,
but we will light up the sky there. so if anyone lives near Tenby come find us on tenby beach.

Hope the weather is hot!

we do this not to escape our dreams but to
prevent our dreams escaping us.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah! Bump! I'll be there, obviously!

Hopefully the weather will be lovely for once. Please Mr Sun, come out to play!

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
With a bit of luck I'll be there. I haven't been able to get to any of the others so far because of exams and cycling home from uni, but it shouldn't be a problem this time. How's the parking like around the common?

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Parking's not bad. There's a couple of quieter roads that cut through the common that you can park on. Or there's residential streets around the common that you can park in on Sundays.

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
I should be there. yay!!!!

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

ellieBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
Hiya,

Not been around for a while.

I hope to come on Sunday althouhg can't get there til about 7ish, what time do these evenings fizzle out? It's just the trains a lot of money so I'm wondering if I'll actually be there for long enough to make spending the money worth it...

Hope to see you there
e*

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
How long it goes on for depends upon how many people stay late. Usually a lot of people turn up 6/7ish and leave to get the last trains home. I usually leave about midnight.

Page: